• Published 28th May 2013
  • 2,920 Views, 46 Comments

Trixie's Final Choice - DJSaltine



Trixie is back, but something seems odd about her. She's got tear streaks in her eyes, her clothes are gone, and she's standing over a cliff.

  • ...
4
 46
 2,920

The Nightmare

“The pony was around here, when I looked away,” Fluttershy stated to Spike as they both searched around the ground at the foot of the cliff. Looking up, Fluttershy spotted the bit of the ledge in which Trixie had been previously standing over.

“Are you sure she didn’t just fly off?” Spike questioned, his right eyebrow raised in confusion. “She could’ve been a Pegasus and flew over Ponyville.”

“No, she wasn’t a Pegasus.”

“How would you know?”

“She had a horn.”

Spike’s face changed from confusion to concern. “Well, what are we just standing around talking for? Let’s find this pony!” He began searching again. “What color was she?”

Fluttershy started to look around as well, “well, she had teal fur, a hat, and, oh, a cape.”

Spike stopped in his tracks. “A teal unicorn… Hat… Cape…” He thought for a little while, his index finger resting on his chin. Suddenly, his face turned to a scowl. “Trixie!” He began walking back to Ponyville.

“Where are you going, Spike?” Fluttershy asked.

“To bed,” Spike replied without looking back. “Trixie isn’t worth this much worry.”

“WHAT?” Fluttershy exclaimed. “You don’t care that she may be hurt?” Fluttershy was stunned.

“Don’t you remember what happened last time she was here?” Spike began, stopping in his tracks. “She took over Ponyville, exiled Twilight, and turned it into her own kingdom.”

“But she was under the amulet’s control.”

“That doesn’t change anything.” Spike continued walking. “Besides, she’s probably just looking over to figure out a new plan to get vengeance. Goodnight Fluttershy.”

Fluttershy pondered this. There wasn’t any blood and it didn’t appear anypony had disturbed the area, so maybe Spike was right. “Maybe…” she said to herself. Just then, she realized she was alone in the dark. Huddling back, she yelled out in her quiet voice, “MEEEPPP! Spike wait for me! Don’t leave me alone!” She took off like a lightning bolt after the baby dragon.

* * * * * * * *

Trixie had a nightmare that night. It wasn’t her typical bad dream; it was a deep, dark, haunting truth. In her nightmare, she walked into Ponyville without being noticed for her crime. In fact, no pony seemed to notice her at all. Nevertheless, she went to Twilight’s library, pity and humbleness in her heart.

Knocking on the door, she felt worry well up within herself. ‘What if she doesn’t accept my apology?’ Trixie thought. ‘What if she wants another challenge and to kick me out of Ponyville? What if…’ Her thoughts were cut off by the door swinging open. Twilight stood in the entrance of her library in all her Alicorn glory. Mouth agape, Trixie couldn’t believe Twilight’s luck.

A new thought entered her head. ‘What if she banishes me to the moon forever?’ This above all worried Trixie. She could handle rejection, but never seeing another pony ever again was too much. Bowing her head, Trixie began her request for forgiveness. “Twilight Sparkle, The Great and Powerful Trixie bows her head to a magician of far greater powers.” Her eyes were closed, but she hoped that Twilight wasn’t planning any attack. “I ask that you may accept my apology and maybe accept me as an active member of your wonderful town.” Trixie kept her head down and eyes closed, still worried of Twilight’s reaction.

“That’s all?” the Alicorn princess responded. Trixie lifted her head slightly, opening her eyes. “After what you’ve done?” Twilight’s face crinkled in anger, her crown started to lower over her eyes a bit, giving a darker tone to her face. “You ask for forgiveness? Well, you shall get none here!”

Trixie raised her head into a more natural height before backing away from the angry princess. “I…I’m sorry… I didn’t...”

“Didn’t what?” Twilight’s nostrils had steam coming out of them as her purple body started to burn red. “Didn’t mean any harm?” Twilight’s entire face, as well as her horn, began to melt and bubble down to a bloody soup.

“Yes…” Trixie replied reluctantly. She kept her eyes on Twilight’s eyes as they were beginning to melt out of their sockets in between the gore of her face.

“You were defeated!” Twilight’s entire face flowed to her neck, leaving only an ivory-colored skull of a unicorn. “You were banished!” Twilight’s eye sockets had fire burning within them. “You are of no use to anypony!” The entire background of Ponyville started to fade to black around them, but Trixie was unaware, only watching the horrific sight unfold before her. “You will eternally be alone,” Twilight’s voice changed, a demonic echoing behind her regular voice, “starting now.”

Trixie felt a cold shiver crawl up her spine as only the strange Alicorn princess with a skull for a face and herself were alone in this universally empty room. Just then, a pit of fire opened beneath Twilight, and began slowly sucking her under. Trixie ran to Twilight and grabbed her hooves. Twilight’s eyes shined intense with flames in their sockets and stared into Trixie’s soul.

Trixie knew if she let Twilight go, she’d be all alone. No pony else was here and it would stay that way forever, most likely. Even this horrific monster was better than nothing, and Trixie knew it.

“Let me go so that you may live in your punishment,” the strange being stated.

“No!” Trixie screamed losing her grip. “I just…” Twilight’s hooves started to slip. “…need a…”

With a sadistic smile, the strange apparition of Twilight slid into the fiery pit before it closed up after her.

Trixie was sitting alone, looking to the spot where Twilight disappeared. “…friend,” Trixie finished. She began sobbing. Sobbing in loneliness. Sobbing in self-pity. Sobbing in emptiness.

* * * * * * * *

Trixie awoke from her dream with a jolt. She looked around at the interior of the wagon, her head aching. She pressed her hoof on her forehead, still horrified at the incident, sweat sticking to her hoof. The dream replayed in her head continuously.

After a minute of sitting in this position, Trixie slowly raised her head. “I know what I must do…” She stood up and began to go through empty boxes. She found several and put them in a neat, little row. Quickly going through them, she pushed all but one aside. “This one. This one is big enough.”

She used her magic to take off her magician’s cloak and hat and place them on the side as she began typing a letter to her long-time enemy, Twilight Sparkle.

She looked out the window to the rising sun, its beauty warming Trixie’s face, evaporating the sweat on her forehead. “Now,” she leaned on the window, “on this new day,” her eyes glared to the town of Ponyville, more specifically, the library, “I, the Great and Powerful Trixie, shall end this rivalry once and for all!”

The magician ran out of her wagon, unclothed and carrying a box, wrapped not-so-neatly, but allowed a bow on top, with her magic. Her note carefully placed underneath said bow with the dark inked, if not hauntingly near blood red, letters: 'To Twilight Sparkle.'

Author's Note:

Trixie is haunted by her own imagination as her nightmares warp reality. Her plan is set, and the present is underway.

Personally, not my favorite, but I may come back to fix up the nightmare and make it more descriptive.