• Published 25th May 2013
  • 612 Views, 3 Comments

SCP: Insertion - Kingsly



When an assault on a government base dealing with anomalous materials goes wrong, Kingsly is left alone to fend for himself in this odd place.

  • ...
5
 3
 612

Darkness

Kingsly feel, for how long he did not know. It was just the constant feeling of falling, except slow, not like off a high building. As if he fell through water. He could not see, nor smell or taste. He could only hear screams, and the voices in his very head. He tried blinking, but couldn't tell the difference from his eyes open, to his eyes closed. And it scared him. Sudden laughter brought his mind rushing, as if being yanked forward at the speed of light. He suddenly impacted with the ground, his back cracking violently, and the air escaping from his lungs. He blinked the spots from his eyes, bringing the odd sights to his eyes. An octagonal room, with eight different corridors leading to different directions, all bathed in a irere rainbow colored light, or perhaps... The stone it was made of itself was rainbow colored.

“Hello?” He called out. His words bounced off the walls, echoing in all directions.

“Is anypony there?” He asked. His pleas were met with laughter, bouncing around like rubber in the small room. His hooves stumbled as he turned slowly to gaze at each corridor before stopping where he started. He slowly made his way down the darkened corridor. He was extremely tired, sluggish, and hungry. It was almost as if this place, wherever he was, was draining the very life from him. His ears were filled with crude laughter as the pitch black tunnel he had walked through led to another small room, this time, leading to only four rooms. He gazed at each in turn, then took the one straight ahead of him. He gazed about as the rainbow colored light darkened, becoming a blood red. The small hallway widened, becoming almost conelike. He stopped in front of a casket like shape, willing his neck and eyes to try to see the small shape sitting atop. Rainbow Dash sat atop the throne, cackling.

“Rainbow Dash? What... What is this place?” Kingsly demanded.

“Oh this? It’s just a little monument to my Awesomeness.” She said casually, glancing at her hoof.

“Well, let me out of here!” Kingsly hollered.

“Oh why would I do that? It’s so much cooler in here then out there. In fact, I could use a little exercise. How about a little run? I'll give you a 10 second head-start even!” Dash said excitedly.

“Listen I don't think this is such a good id-”

“10. 9. 8.” Kingsly galloped out of the small room at these words. Back at the cornered room, he quickly turned left, racing down the hallway.

“2. 1. HERE I COME!” Dash hollered from the far away room. The hallway opened out to a narrow strip of land that pierced the darkness ahead of him. Everything else was pure black. He ran forward, stopping suddenly as a large rainbow colored boulder cut in front of him, sliding into the abyss below.

“Better run faster!” Dash announced, getting close to him. He did as she suggested, breaking into a full sprint. He could feel her hot breath on his back as he continued running. He spotted an odd structure ahead, almost like a well.

“You're not getting away that easy!” Dash hollered, fighting Kingsly at how close she actually was. He glanced behind him at the approaching pegasus, and an idea formed. He suddenly stopped, and dropped to his stomach. Dash flew past him, not being able to stop as quick as he did, hovering just over the well opening.

“Wait, where did you-” She was sickened by a sudden kick to the face, as Kingsly leaped into the opening, hurtling down into the dark abyss below.

. . .
“Oh you have got to be kidding me!” Sev demanded. He held a small navigator computer, the S-Nav 300, in one of his hooves, angrily hitting it.

“Did it break again?” Trippy asked.

They had been scouring the facility, looking for any trace of anything living, that didn't want to kill them of course. So far they had no luck. They did find the newly acquired device though, in a small office cubicle. Batteries included! Unfortunately that offer wasn't as good as it sounded.

“No, out of battery.” Sev countered, disappointed. It had been useful in the time it did work, providing them not only a map of the facility, but also alerted them if any SCP were in the area.

“Well, we have to decide now. Do we continue looking for a scientist, or do we look for Kinglsy?” Trippy asked.

“I... Don’t know. The right thing to do would be to look for Kingsly. He might have disappeared, but he might still be around somewhere. We were told from day one though that the mission comes first. No matter what emotions come first. That makes a good soldier, right? Or is it that we should take care of our brothers in arms? Hmm...” Sev pondered this for a few moments.

“Kingsly can take care of himself. If he is dead, he’s probably in a better place than here. If not, he’ll fight to his last breath. He can be stubborn like that.” Trippy said jokingly.

“Too right man.” Sev said laughing. He stopped laughing, his attention forward. A gray pegasus stood staring, an orange jumpsuit marking her as a class D.

“Don’t move, or we will shoot. Do you know what went on here?” Trippy asked threateningly.

“I just don’t know what wrong!” She said sadly. Sev fired off a few rounds in the air, scaring all three of them.

“Sorry, hoof slipped.” He said, walking off the mistake. The mare in front of them collapsed to the ground sobbing. Trippy shook his head sadly.

“Lets just leave her. She’s no use to us, and whatever's in here will kill her instead of us.” He said stepping over her. Sev stopped next to her, bring out his handgun from its holster, and aiming carefully at the back of her head. He shut his eyes, pulling the trigger. He stopped, raising the gun. He shook his head, putting it back into the holster.

“Not today.”

. . .

Kinglsy hit the tiled ground suddenly. He winced as his nose throbbed with the sudden impact. Waves of pain rocked through his body.

“Son of a... Mother of... GAH!” He sat up suddenly, clutching his head. He lowered his hooves as the pain slowly subsided.

“Today is just not a good day.” He said getting up. He looked about the office that he was in. A small plaque on the desk read: Dr.Gears. He looked about the office. Bookshelves covered most of the walls. Nothing of real importance stuck out. He gazed about the desk. A microphone lay on its side, and a record player sat simply up right. He sat in the rolling desk chair. He sifted through some of the papers. A large letter caught his attention first. He glanced over it concerned. A few phrases leaped out first. “A spy in our midst... A threat to security.... A Changeling spy... Nuke access codes...”

“This! THis is... Can this be... This... Is really boring! The shit you find in old pony’s desks, sheesh!” He said laughing, tossing the paper aside. He picked up the microphone, tapping the large red button on the side. The ‘LIVE’ button glowed red.

“Good morning SCP Foundation. This is your anchor pony with another weather forecast.” He said carefree, going through some of the documents on the table, he plucked a few out, the ones centered around the dangerous SCPs they already encountered, namely Pinkie Pie and Rainbow Dash, along side others. He smiled as his voice echoed through the entire facility.

“It’s going to be partly sunny most of the day, with a 96% chance of major Shit-storms to hit you today with those escaped science experiments. The rest of the day will look pretty good from then on. Hey look mom i'm on the radio! Aren't you proud of me! I wonder if I can still beatbox? Untis Untis Untis Untis WUb WUB WUB WUB. DROP IT. Plllppllplshshs.” She hollered into the microphone, mimicking dubstep noises.

“Aw, who wants to hear that dubstep crap!?” He asked. Reaching for a few records off the shelf.

“Ooh, here's a good one! Lady’s and gentlecolts, it’s been an honor serving you today from the office of Dr. Gears, But his disk jockey had places to go, and places to be, so I’ll leave you with one of our finer selections.” Kingsly signed off, blowing dust off the player and cranking it, as he slid the large Vinyl record from its folder, and pushed the needle on to. He grabbed his rifle and pushed the door open, as soft piano music began to flood through the facility like a gentle wave.

. . .
Sev and Trippy stared at the speaker attached to the wall, that now spilt out piano music.

“He is so dead. The SCPs are going to be all over him now.” Sev said offhandedly.

“No, he is a genius. Giving everyone time as the SCPs make their way there, as he makes his way to us. And besides...” He stopped, listening to the music.

“Even I know this piece. I hate classical, but this... Nocturne in E sharp, by Lili Boulanger.” He said matter of factly.

“It does sound nice.” Sev admired, as the foundation sang out in harmony to the tune.

Author's Note:

And we have a rather social Rainbow Dash, The rather Secretive Dr.Gears' office, and a song that's been stuck in my head for nearly a month now! Enjoy and tell all of your friends! And drop a comment! For those of you dislikeing it, tell me what I can do, to turn that frown upside down!