• Published 25th May 2013
  • 611 Views, 3 Comments

SCP: Insertion - Kingsly



When an assault on a government base dealing with anomalous materials goes wrong, Kingsly is left alone to fend for himself in this odd place.

  • ...
5
 3
 611

Just another day at the office

The Apache helicopter soared through the air, its spinning blades roaring through the air. Kingsly sat back in his chair, the rest of his team anxiously preparing for their new mission. He gazed out the window, staring out at the distant building getting closer every minute. The wind was billowing, and the sun shined brightly. It felt like a good day, but Kingsly was stuck on this new mysterious mission. He looked about the 8 other soldiers, either idly chating or preparing their gear for their drop off. He thought back to his briefing, nearly an hour ago.

“I'm sending you in as a precaution. We already have several squads in there, but we just want to remain certain that the job will get done. There has been a major breach at the LTF foundation, and needs to be dealt with. Any and all SCP’s must be eliminated, and any d-class members should be treated as hostile. The mission is simple, but there’s too much risk for a regular troop to go out. Those are our orders. Over and out.” Celestia said without hesitation.

He had not been given a chance to say no, and his troop was ready for a new mission anyway. They had been given minimal information, but the rumors spoke louder than the truth. Animals testing, monsters, and the highest recorded death toll out of any other research facility. And those were just the recorded deaths. They were running on the call sign ‘Nine Tailed fox’ one of the designated names for the groups the MTF sent out. They were the best, and they were being sent right into the fray first. They were just under loan, but there rules still applied. Designated armor, designated weapons, all highly limited for any possible risk. It was all kept very secretive, and Kingsly didn't like it.

. . .

The helicopter landed with a sudden thump, and Kingsly and his team jumped out and ran towards the building. In large letters above the large gate read ‘GATE B’. This was to be there entry point. His radio crackled in unison with the loud speaker overhead.

“Mobile Task Force Unit Nine Tailed Fox has entered the facility, all remaining survivors are advised to stay in the evacuation shelter, or any other safe area until the unit has secured the facility. We'll start escorting personnel out after the escaped SCPs have been contained." The female voice blandly said over the dieing sounds of the chopper flying away.

The gate in front of them opened up with a smooth click. Kingsly lead the way, pushing open the chain link fence past it smoothly. He waved his team forward. His 7 team members, then 2 pegasi from some other group. They ran up the glass walkway, leading to a simple elevator.

“Alright, not all of us are going to fit, this will lead to the lower levels where we need to be. Sev, Trippy, stick with me, will catch the next one.” Said Kingsly noting the size of the small box.

Everyone else crammed in the elevator, complaining the entire time, with little room to move. The doors slid shut, and the elevator was on its way.

The three remained silent for a while, looking about the building.

“So what’s your take on all of this?” Trippy asked him, now with just the three of them.

“I think it’ll be an easy job, easy money. And they didn't give me a good chance to refuse either. Celestia can be a bitch like that sometimes.” Kingsly said, fiddling with his weapon.

“Well, theres not much that can go wrong can their? Just a few experiments wandered out of their cages, and we gotta put them back in, then whoever's left, just shoot them!” Sev said happily.

“You make it sound easy.” Trippy said with a laugh, as the elevator door slid open. They entered wordlessly. Trippy pushed the single button that rested on the wall. The elevator slid up quickly, and soundlessly. The sudden silence was broken by gunfire, and screams.

“The hell was that?” Kingsly asked.

The door slid open, their guns raised, their flashlights piercing the sudden darkness. Rainbow Raven, a dark Pegasus, was being brutally gripped by a pink earth pony, screaming. Her cry was suddenly cut off with the sickening snap of her neck. The three sent a hail of bullets at the shape, but it was gone as soon as it had come. Kingsly stepped out of the elevator, racing towards the bodys.

“Their dead. They're all dead.” Sev said sadly.

“What was that thing? It killed them all this easily, snapped their necks. Not a drop of blood. It looked like a pony, but what kind of pony could do this?” Trippy asked in anguish.

Kingsly scanned the bodys, before breaking the silence, “Where's Eclipse and Specter?” He asked.

Indeed, two out of the 6 ponies that went up had been missing.

“I'm calling command, this got way too ugly, way to fast. Four ponies already gone in the first five minutes.” He said raising his radio to his ear.

While he talked, Sev and Kingsly scanned the area.

“You know, that pink pony kind of reminded me of Pinkie Pie.” Sev said suddenly.

“Pinkie Pie? What could she be doing here? Though... It DID kind of look like her...” Kingsly said waning off.

Trippy neared them, the flashlight on his p90 helping to pierce the darkness.

“Command said we are on our own. We have to complete the mission. Though they did say that rescuing our comrades was a new objective as well.” Trippy said gladly.

“Anything on the pony that attacked them?” Sev asked.

“They said that it was classified at this point, and unnecessary to complete the objective.

“If our objective is to capture the thing, THEN WHY NOT TELL US IF IT WILL KILL US FIRST!?” Kingsly screamed. He furiously kicked a wall, sending waves of pain through his hoof.

“All we do know, is that we have to expect more of those things, and find a way to contain them, if possible.” Trippy said with authority.

“This job just keeps getting worse and worse.”

Author's Note:

Part 1 of an SCP Containment breach cross over. Based off of the MLP mod that they have for it.
Pinkie is introduced as SCP-173 and most of Kingsly's team gets slaughtered!
Just a few things off from the original story, but most of the wonder and splendor that is SCP still remains.
Please enjoy, drop a comment and a thumbs up.