• Published 24th May 2013
  • 4,178 Views, 189 Comments

Undestined Friendship - Boyzilla



Desperate to save their world, The Alicorn Sisters conjure a powerful spell to summon a group of heroes. However Darkness interrupts them causing the summoned heroes: Son Gohan, Naruto Uzumaki, Avatar Korra, and Jaina Draconis to weaken in many ways!

  • ...
19
 189
 4,178

Inner Beasts

Book 1: Magic

Chapter 8: Inner Beasts

Again…

It had happened again…

She had stepped in front of him… He had stepped in front of him. Both of them had stepped in front of danger meant to kill him, taking a lethal blow so that he could live on. Why, is he cursed to see people die in front of him as he helplessly watches them perish? If only he had been faster… Stronger… Had more power.

Jaina’s body fell limply into Naruto’s arms, the ninja’s hands covered in the blood clotting around the slashed wounds along her chest. The memories of his best friend, Sasuke Uchiha, doing the same act of selflessness to save him, occured over and over within his mind. He had trained so hard, so hard to prevent this from happening once more.

But he failed, he was a loser, how could he ever become Hokage if he can't even save a friend?

Or protect one…

If only… He had been stronger…

If only he had been faster…

Then he could’ve saved Sasuke… He could have saved Jaina… From that… From those… Bastards!

How could they! They had no right! No right to take his friends away!!

’Hehehehehe...’

Naruto Uzumaki’s teeth clenched harshly against itself, canines lengthening as the sound of accelerated bone growth echoed silently from his mouth. His muscles tensed, hands twitching as the fingernails expanded outward into sharp claws. The whisker birth marks upon Naruto’s cheeks becoming more defined, a more animalistic expression decorated the jinchuriki’s face.

Naruto bent over Jaina’s body, all four limbs touching the ground. A crimson red bubbling energy began to appear throughout the entirety of his form. Malicious, corrosive chakra, like continuously boiling water without end, seemed to decorate his body. This red colored chakra began to take shape, two energy protruding ears coming from the back of Naruto’s head, and a single long bubbling tail waving behind the ninja’s backside.

But within the seal that still lay marked on Naruto’s stomach, the being caged within opened its eyes, teeth baring, and nine vicious long tails swishing about as it spoke with dark, violent intentions.

’At last,’

The jinchuuriki of the nine tails bijuu lifted his head, glaring hatefully at the Purple Scarred Demon with red, slitted, demonic eyes.

“I’ll kill you!” Naruto screamed with rage.

The one-tailed chakra enveloped Naruto leapt forth toward the minotaur. His feet leaving dust in his wake, speed drastically increased past his previous limitations. An outreached claw slashed diagonally at the foe before him. Claw-formed red chakra following behind his arm made his energy seem like it had a will of its own.

“Yes, show me your power, human,” The Purple Scarred demon said.

The minotaur thrust his right arm forward, the hilt of his battle axe slamming into Naruto’s stomach, causing him to miss his attack. He then brought his off-handed weapon upward, slashing across the ninja’s skin on Naruto’s left arm. The jinchuuriki of the nine tails fox recoiled slightly, however he spin quickly and managed to kick the cheekbone of the darkness troop.

It barely fazed him.

His two battle axes started to glow a light violet, before he made an cross-like pattern with them. Our shinobi of Konoha leapt away from him, the red chakra surrounding him following his body’s movements. The minotaur raised his weapons to the sky before, with a great heave, brought them downward.

A great X shaped cutting energy attack shot outward, closing in on Naruto faster than he could back away.

“Damnit, I really hate that technique!” Naruto exclaimed, his hands crossing into his signature sign. “Shadow Clone Jutsu!”

A clone, without the red chakra around him, appeared forth beside Naruto. The clone grasped Naruto’s shirt before throwing him out of the way of the cutting edge technique, before being severed and dispelled into white smoke by it.

Naruto charged forward on all fours like that of an animal. The one-tailed state jinchuuriki vanished from sight, when suddenly, he appeared right behind the Purple Scarred Demon. However the minotaur anticipated this action and blocked a powerful punch with the blunt side of his axe.

The ground beneath him broke apart from the force behind Naruto’s blow.

“Interesting, you’re more than meets the eye,” the minotaur spoke. “But I do have a job to accomplish, and your power up won’t make much of a difference!”

The minotaur flipped Naruto over by lifting his axe up violently, the jinchuuriki’s eyes widened and a kunai quickly appeared in his hand as he blocked a serrated edge swing from the darkness troop’s axe.

“I won’t let you harm anyone else!” Naruto yelled, grasping on the dark enemy’s arm, he threw the minotaur toward the ground. The ninja saw his chance, a spiraling sphere of blue chakra forming within his right open palm.

Immediately, Naruto Uzumaki leapt toward his opponent.

However this proved to be a fatal mistake.

*SLASH*

The ninja landed on the ground, writhing in agony. “Agh!” A great gash, similar to the one that struck Jaina before, decorated his abdomen. As blood dripped from his clothes, and the minotaur got up. His eyes widened slightly as the wounds upon the thirteen year old boy started to regenerate with an unbelieveable healing rate, steam rising from the injury.

Within seconds, Naruto was back on his feet, scarless, the red bubbling cloak surrounding his form.

“Naruto?”

The shinobi of Konoha whipped his head toward the direction of the voice, lo and behold, Son Gohan stood there, cautious and concerned as he looked right at him. It was then that Naruto realized that he had accessed the chakra of the Nine Tailed Demon Fox.

“Your energy.. It’s so… Malicious, dark… But I sense it’s individual from your own, what? What is it?” Gohan said in a shocked expression.

‘He senses? So he has like, sensory abilities? He can feel the Kyuubi’s chakra?’ Naruto thought to himself in small amounts of panic. If Gohan could feel the fox spirit within his gut, and senses that it is evil, what would stop him from telling the others and separating their friendship?

Naruto inwardly slapped himself, ‘Don’t think that! They’re my friends, they should accept me, right?’

“Move, Naruto!” Gohan shouted.

Naruto ducked just in the neck of time to avoid having his body severed in two, he punched at the Purple Scarred Demon but it had barely any effect. He felt Gohan grasp on the back of his shirt, a hissing sound coming from his breath as the corrosive chakra singed his hand a bit.

As Naruto was removed from the range of the dark enemy, he felt the kyuubi’s cloak of chakra around him dissipate.

’Curse you fourth Hokage for reinforcing the seal, I was so close!’

Naruto fell to his knees in exhaustion, his breathing heavy, “Damnit…”


Avatar Korra’s hands were covered in a mix of water and blood. Specifically, Jaina’s blood, as the Avatar desperately bended the water that she had filled in a water skin moments before as she attempted to heal the Dragon Knight’s fatal gash.

‘Darn it, don’t die, don’t die, don’t die!’ Korra panically yelled in her thoughts. The water glowed a light blue as it channeled along Jaina’s wounds.

Suddenly, the Dragon Knight coughed up blood before taking in deep breaths. A feeling of relief washed over Korra, Jaina would be fine, her lungs were healed and she started breathing once more. Korra stood up, looking toward the direction of the battle.

When Jaina had been struck moments before and Naruto had become enraged, Gohan had immediately picked up her body and sped toward Korra. He told, no, commanded her to find a safe area and heal the injured girl.

Of course, she didn’t question him. But the look on his face, the expression, scared her.

The energy surrounding Naruto, it unnerved her. It felt off, kind of like if she had a definition of the feeling of evil, that would be it. The red bubbling liquid-like appearance around the ninja seemed so wrong.

What is it?

Korra jolted up in surprise, something grasping her leg. Looking downward, she discovered Jaina had done so.

“K-Korra…” Jaina spoke weakly, blood decorating the bottom of her lips.

The Avatar kneeled down, “Don’t speak, Gohan and Naruto can take care of that monster, I’ll join them soon.”

“They… Don’t… No chance,” Jaina said, her hand reaching for the bag tied around her waist. “Drink this… Help them…” The dragon knight finished as she pulled out a flask carrying bright yellow liquid.

Twelve year old Korra took the flask from Jaina’s hand, looking at it in uncertainty, she said. “What does this do?”

Jaina took a ragged deep breath, “Gives dexterity…”

“So speed… “ Korra noted, popping open the cork, she smelled the top. A mixture of scents resembling that of flowers rose from the contents within.

Korra shrugged, “Bottom’s up,” with that, the avatar gulps it down.

As the potion poured down Korra’s throat, she felt her insides become energized, as if she could run a thousand miles in just a few seconds. The Avatar finished drinking the bottle before dropping it to the floor.

And with a great burst of speed, she nearly vanished from sight.

She approached the battlefield between the Purple Scarred Demon, Gohan, and Naruto. Quickly realising that Naruto was exhausted, and noting that the red energy had receded, she mentally released a sigh of relief.

‘Glad that whatever came over Naruto has ended,’ She thought to herself as she rapidly approached them, she leapt up, her current momentum giving her a great leap toward their opponent. She landed in front of the minotaur, and brought both her fists forward.

“Aaaagh!” Korra yelled in a battle cry as a massive amount of fire roared outward from her fists, a great sea of orange and red decorating the space in front of her as she released all her firebending on too him.

“Yikes!” Naruto exclaimed in surprise as he crawled away to avoid being hit by Korra’s attack, Gohan stepping away as well, the heat generated from the avatar’s bending practically making the air around to appear like a mirage.

Korra stopped her firebending, the flame dying down as she took a few steps back away from the dying embers. She narrowed her eyes, before they widened as the black charcoal colored smoke lifted to reveal a burnt down cloak and the dangerous figure within.

“You harmed me, those flames of yours, they are… Different than the natural fire.” The deep rugged voice of the Purple Scarred Demon said, the sound of tearing clothes being heard as he discarded the now worthless cloak.

Korra stepped back a few feet, shocked as the figure before her revealed the entirety of it's form. The Minotaur had a massive body, a deep bluish color to the fur coat decorating its skin. Like beforehand, when our heroes had first laid eyes on him, the purple scarred demon's face appeared to have cracks along it's facial structure. However it was just now that they realize the extent of his horrific markings that showcased along from his head to beginning of the hooves.

Naturally, this made the opponent seem more deadly than originally thought.

"By Kami, those scars..." Naruto trailed off in disbelief.

"I know, how is the body even staying together," Gohan said.

"Now do you see? This is why I have earned the name, Purple Scarred Demon." The Minotaur said. He raised his twin battle axes and suddenly charged at the Avatar, “Now perish!”

Korra reacted, throwing up a wall of earth in front of her with bending, however the minotaur’s axes glowed and cut right through the rock, making a clear path toward the pre-teen bender. She panicked from the look of a scarred demon just inches away and bursts open flames from her palms. The minotaur sneared as it no doubt hurt him, but he slashed downward and cut through a portion of her shoulder joint.

She screamed in pain as she fell backward, holding the gushing injury.


“Korra!”

Gohan yelled as he rushed forward with great speed, a aura of blue Ki firing up into existence around him as he did. The Z-fighter reached with quick timing, and used the sword from Piccolo to slash at the Purple Scarred Demon. But he simply raised his battle axe, grabbing the blade in its serrated edges and yanked it away from the hybrid’s hands.

That was fine, he didn’t need a weapon to fight.

The hybrid saiyan threw a fist at his foe, who didn’t expect an unarmed attack and was hit directly in his right cheek bone. But quickly recovered as the minotaur lifted his left leg and bucked Gohan away from him before spinning and using the momentum to follow through a diagonal attack with his weapons.

Gohan leaned back, one of the axes passing through the air harmlessly. The hybrid turned to face the next incoming attack, but found it piercing his skin. He winced in pain, but conjured a Ki blast in his right open hand, firing it at the minotaur who retreated and dodged the energy blast.

The Z-fighter charged forward, his Ki aura surrounding him as he meet in combat with the Purple Scarred Demon. He kicked with his left leg, impacting on the minotaur’s side. Using the leftover momentum, Gohan spun himself around the darkness troop’s form and elbowed his backside.

The half saiyan appeared like a blur of speed, his power pulsing as he barraged his opponent with a series of coordinated attack patterns. Left and right, up and down, it didn’t matter as he struck quickly with his martial arts skill.

But the minotaur seemed as durable as he was deadly, blocking a majority of our hero’s attacks with his fist as he sheathed his weapons to deal with a more agile foe. The Purple Scarred Demon grasped one of Gohan’s fists and flung him ninety degrees before throwing him to the ground.

Gohan slammed into the ground, but pushed himself up with a hand stand and uppercutted the minotaur using his legs. This caused the dark enemy to stagger backward to recover from Gohan’s surprise blow.

Using the recovery time to his advantage, Son Gohan stood himself upright and brought his hands to his forehead, the open palms facing the direction of the Purple Scarred Demon as spiking yellow energy formed in front of them.

“Masenko…” Gohan chanted his technique’s name before releasing it in a yellow beam of concentrated Ki energy, “Ha!”

The Purple Scarred Demon reacted faster than anticipated, grabbing hold of one his axes and spinning it hastily in front of him like a super sonic windmill.

The beam slammed against the spinning battle axe, before being deflected into the air harmlessly. The minotaur enemy then raised his axe vertically before slashing it downward, blue magical energy coursing outward in a arc firing toward Gohan.

“Arcing Wave,” He stated his attack.

Our hybrid saiyan hero dodged the attack by leaping to the right. Smashing his foot against the ground, Gohan propelled himself toward the Purple Scarred Demon, raising his fist in preparation.

The dark enemy reshealted his axe, before charging forward at Gohan to meet him in unarmed combat.

The two powerful forces meet in the middle, a crater forming beneath them as they meet eye to eye, fist to fist, kick to kick. Each blow slamming against another, bruises forming, scraps appearing, and wounds pulsing out trails of blood.

Son Gohan, after fighting the Purple Scarred Demon for minutes on end, realized, without a doubt, that he would not win this fight.

Their opponent had too much power, skill, and a merciless moral in order for them to gain victory.

‘Jaina and Korra are gravely wounded, Naruto is too exhausted to fight, and our summoning to this world has handicapped us so much that we can’t win against this foe. He’s playing with me, and I know it.’ Gohan thought to himself as he blocked a blow directed to his chest.

The minotaur’s energy signature suddenly rose dramatically.

‘This is bad!’ Gohan thought as he ducked to avoid being sliced into two pieces. The minotaur had re-equipped his weapons, and began to strike at the half saiyan with so much speed that he couldn’t keep up.

A slash appeared along Gohan’s leg.

Another on his side.

And yet one more slicing his cheek.

The Purple Scarred Demon threw his weapon, the axe embedded itself into Gohan’s chest as the hybrid coughed out blood and landed on the ground. Gohan took out the weapon and tossed to the side. Thankfully, Gohan has augmented his already enhanced saiyan body with Ki, preventing the axe from piercing too deep.

The Z-fighter stood back up and leapt away, before falling to his knees, hands pressing on the blooded grass as he saw his life liquid drip onto it.

“I must say,” The ally of the Darkness started to say, “Out of all of you, you put up the most fight. I had to increase my power to twenty percent in order to deal with you.” He finished.

“T-twenty percent? He really did play with us…” Gohan trailed off in slight disbelief, this was like Frieza all over again!

The minotaur started to step forward toward the half saiyan warrior, “But all that begins has an ending, yours just came a little early.” He taunted.

Gohan faced the ground, ‘What am I to do now? I’m low on Ki, I can’t access my Super Saiyan transformations- The ground is illuminated?’

Indeed, the grass below, despite some of it colored red due to his blood, had a soft blue color over it. The half saiyan looked up, and sighted the rest of the plains had a blue color to it as well. The fight had gone on for some time it seems, as it was not in the midst of the night.

Night...

It was then did our hero glance up into the sky.

His tail twitching.

For clouds parted away, and the picture of the full moon decorated the sky.

And just like that, Gohan’s heart pumped loudly in response.

The Purple Scarred Demon paused in his movements, curious to what the human before him could possibly be doing now. His eyebrow raised when he saw Gohan began to take deep rushed breaths, his body’s muscles beginning to pulse and calm themselves repeatedly.

“What are you trying to accomplish now?” He asked.

The half saiyan didn’t answer, his black onyx eye pupils seem to shake before shifting into pure red.

“N-no, not n-nowggrr…” Gohan managed to saw as he clenched his teeth, his vision enhancing to see the veins on his hands pulse.

Gohan shot upward, his mouth opened wide before his body began to expand outward, growing in size. His teeth lengthening themselves far more than Naruto’s previous transformation, mouth expanding into that of a large muzzle, eyes becoming entirety of the color red.

“Ggggrwoooaaahhh!” Gohan roared, as he changed further and further into that of a giant great ape.

Naruto, Korra, and Jaina, who all lay on the ground injured or exhausted, looked helplessly as a shadow of Gohan’s massive form overcasts them. The half saiyan figure’s feet smashing into the ground, a long tail swishing behind him, as two muscle-filled arms flexed in the air.

The Oozaru calmed down, breathing heavily, before snarling with anger toward the Purple Scarred Demon. Whom, by the way, stepped back in sheer shock and surprise.

Then the destruction began.

The Oozaru Gohan began by lashing out, flailing his massive arms, uprooting the few trees around him. Before the great ape grasped one of the trees, and threw it down at the minotaur before him.

The Purple Scarred Demon replied by having his battles axes glow, and a X-shaped magical attack severs through the tree and then impacts against the mighty Oozaru. The Great Ape staggers backwards, before roaring in rage.

The transformed Gohan struck out by smashing his fist toward the minotaur’s position. But he dodged it, causing a crater to form and the earth around to shake from the physical strength behind the blow.

The darkness troop slashed at the Oozaru’s legs before running back to avoid being swat at by the long tail. Gohan’s mouth glowed a bright yellow, before opening wide and releasing a powerful beam of raw Ki energy.

This beam of Ki energy tore through the earth below, vaporizing rocks and exploding outward in a great display of power.

The exhausted shinobi, Naruto, yelled toward the Great Ape, “Gohan, stop! You’re going to blow us up too!”

“Grwooooah!” The Oozaru replied as it smashed his foot down, breaking apart the ground underneath.


Naruto Uzumaki stood up, “Darn it, I can tell when someone has lost control of himself… No time… Got to get Jaina and Korra out of here while Gohan distracts that guy…” The ninja said to himself as he summoned forth the last of his chakra and conjured two clones beside him.

The two clones nodded, and they ran up and picked up the two grievously injured Dragon Knight and Avatar. Just in time too, as they leapt away carrying the two as beams of raw Ki energy impacted against the ground, exploding outward with shocking power.

The shadow clones brought Jaina and Korra to Naruto, but the Purple Scarred Demon arrived to meet them.

“You’re not going to get away from me!” He exclaimed with anger.

“Gwrooooaaah!”

“I think Gohan thinks otherwise!” Naruto yelled, as he and his clones tried to jump away from an incoming fist, which slammed into the ground in front of them.

The debris shooting outward from the destruction hit against both the minotaur and our heroes. The clones poofing out of existence as Naruto, Jaina, and Korra skid across the ground, slowing to a stop as they all breathed heavily.

“I… Must be cursed or something…” Naruto trailed off, shakingly getting on his feet once more. “But I can’t give up now… Not now, not ever!”

Naruto crossed his fingers into his signature sign, his breathing slightly erratic, “Shadow Clone Jutsu.”

Four clones popped into existence with the appearance of white chakra smoke, before one of them disappeared instantly and its chakra returned to the original.

“Don’t got much… Chakra… Heh, that’s a strange thing for me.” Naruto chuckled at his own predicament.

“Gwrrroooah!” The roaring sound of the Oozaru Gohan caught Naruto’s attention. He pointed toward two of his clones, “Get Korra and Jaina to safety,” He started before looking to his third one, “You, with me!”

Naruto and his shadow clone ran toward the battlefield, their aim, the Purple Scarred Demon. Whom was locked in a struggle between himself and Gohan’s Great Ape form. The latter who flailed his massive arms in an attempt to hit the minotaur, occasional beams of destructive Ki energy launching forth from his mouth which decimated the surrounding landscape.

‘Gohan can sure cause a lot of damage in that form… We have to defeat that scarred cow dude first, then deal with trying to turn Gohan back!’ Naruto thought to himself, opening his right palm which his clone walked near and began to conjure a spiraling sphere of concentrated Chakra within it.

With the Rasengan technique complete in the original Naruto’s palm, the clone ran forward and began throwing a few shuriken at their enemy.

“What?!” The Purple Scarred Demon yelled in surprise as he blocked the incoming ninja stars with his battle axes, he then sneared at the incoming jinchuuriki, “Don’t you humans know when to give up?!”

“Those words are not in my dictionary cow face!” Naruto loudly retorted.

Naruto’s shadow attacked, but was quickly dealt with an effective strike by the minotaur. The ally of the darkness sought to rid of Naruto, but the Oozaru before them slammed down its tail at their position.

This caused the Purple Scarred Demon to jump out of the way, and also gave Naruto the advantage he needed as he used Gohan’s massive tail to propel himself up at his opponent.

“Rasengan!” Naruto screamed in anger, thrusting his technique right into the dark minotaur’s lower abdomen.

“AAAARGH!” The evil dark enemy screamed as he was sent spinning from the air and the ground, his body skidding along it as the grass tore off its roots and his form rolled out of control.

“GWROAH!” The Oozaru Gohan roared as it launched a beam of Ki energy toward the downed Purple Scarred Demon.

The dark minotaur pulled some sort of item out of a small bag tied to his waist, “Next time humans, you won’t be so fortunate!” Suddenly, the item glowed and he disappeared with a loud crack just at the moment the beam of Ki impacted his position.

*BOOM!*

Naruto slammed into the ground as the explosion kinetic energy affected him. As he did, he struggled to stand back up to deal with the raging ape form of Gohan.

That was, until, a bright pink light shone on the Oozaru.

And he stopped moving.

And then, without hesitation, pulled his own tail off!

‘What the! What happened?!’ Naruto thought in shock.

The Great Ape began to shrink, smaller and smaller, and the pink light encased his body. Then, there was only Gohan, his clothes looking as if they had never torn off or suffered any damage during his transformation or the bout with the Purple Scarred Demon.

The half saiyan fell unconscious right afterward.

Naruto clenched his teeth, and managed to take a small case out of his ninja pouch. He popped it open, and swallowed a chakra pill. Then, after closing it and placing it back in the pouch. With some emergency recovered energy, he summoned forth a couple of shadow clones.

“Get… Us… Safety…” Naruto managed to say.

‘I can’t help but think, that the light was probably that Element Gohan carried...’

And then, there was black.