• Published 23rd May 2013
  • 616 Views, 14 Comments

I Pinkie Promise - TheFluttershyeffect



Rainbow Dash makes a promise to Applejack, one she doesn't think she'll ever have to keep.. but when the time comes, can she do it?

  • ...
25
 14
 616

The Best Day Ever - Twilight Sparkle

**At Twilight Sparkle's**

"Okay, first, I'm gonna show you an easy spell. I am going to levetate you." With that, Twilight Sparkle's horn started to glow, and then Applejack started to glow, then Applejack was about four or five feet in the air.

"Whee! I'm flying! I'm just like you, Rainbow Dash, see? I'm really flying!" She waved her hands back and forth while Twilight moved her around a little, mostly in a circle or "8" shape.

"Yeah, buddy, just like me.. you're even a better flier than I am!" Having to talk like this with Applejack, a woman she had respected since they met years ago, was extremely hard for Rainbow Dash. This was the way you might talk to a six or seven year old, but not a woman who was in the prime of her life.

"Next, I am going to make you invisible" A second later, Applejack started to fade and eventually became invisible. There was a pink outline of her, however, that Twilight put there for safety. Applejack ran around for a while invisible, making windmills with her arms. "Boo! I'm a ghost! Did I scare you Rainbow Dash? Did I?"

Rainbow Dash smiled. "You sure did, buddy, you got me!"

After a few more spells, Spike, who had been sitting next to Twilight, belched out a jet of green flame. The flame formed smoke, which materialized into several sheets of paper labelled "To Rainbow Dash"

Rainbow opened them. The first few were funeral arrangments. It had Twilight, Rarity, Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie, and herself as those who would carry the coffin to its grave. Rarity was to design the dress Applejack would be buried in, only this time she'd design a dress the old Applejack would have liked. She was to be buried with her hat.

Twilight, of course, was to manage the funeral, basically to make sure everything was running smoothly.

Pinkie Pie was to provide food and drinks for the wake, which would be held afterwords. The Apple family was also going to be providing apple pie, along with one apple that had been hand-picked by Applejack, nearly three weeks earlier, to each attending the funeral.

Fluttershy was going to be there to keep Winona, Applejack's dog, calm so that he could attend without disrupting guests.

And Rainbow Dash was to bury Applejack, being her best friend.

The last paper was an official looking document, which read:

"LISCENSE TO KILL
This document entitles Rainbow Dash to end the life of one person(s), on or before No Date Specified.
X_Princess Celestia
X_______________________"

The last line was for Rainbow Dash to sign. It was permission from Princess Celestia to carry out her promise. Documents like this had, hundreds of years ago, been filled out when someone was to be executed. This was the first one Princess Celestia had signed in nearly 350 years.

Teary-eyed and close to breaking down, Rainbow Dash signed the bottom line with a pen provided by Twilight.

"What's that say?" Applejack asked, looking at it but unable to read.

"Oh.. it's just a paper I have to fill out for, you know, flying" Rainbow Dash couldn't look her friend in the eye as she said this.

"Okay!" It was painful to see how completely oblivious to everything that was going on Applejack appeared to be.

"Well, say goodbye to Twilight, we have to go home now Applejack"

"Aw, okay! Bye Twilight! Bye Spike! Seeya guys later!"

"Seeya later!" Twilight said as if she meant it, clearly a better actress than any of her other friends. Spike, however, only nodded and waved.

"So what're we gonna do now?"

"We're going home, Applejack. We're going home..."