• Published 23rd May 2013
  • 615 Views, 14 Comments

I Pinkie Promise - TheFluttershyeffect



Rainbow Dash makes a promise to Applejack, one she doesn't think she'll ever have to keep.. but when the time comes, can she do it?

  • ...
25
 14
 615

Cross my heart, hope to fly...

"Well, thanks for letting me host my party at Sweet Apple Acres!" Pinkie said cheerfully to Applejack.

"No problem, Pinkie" Applejack replied in her distinct country accent. "Y'all're welcome here anytime"

"Yeah, thanks for letting us all come. Well I best be getting home now-" Rainbow Dash started to say as she left.

"Wait, Rainbow.. I need to talk to you. In private. After everyone's gone 'n all" Applejack grabbed Rainbow by the arm gently, keeping her from leaving.

"Yeah?" Rainbow was clearly tired, and wanted to get home. It would be hard enough flying up to Cloudsdale after all she had to drink, without the delay making her more tired.

"It's really important.. come out with me into the orchird. I don't want anyone else hearing this..."

**Ten Minutes Later**

"Ugh, Applejack, what is it?" Rainbow Dash was starting to get annoyed with waiting.

"Well, you gotta promise not t' tell anyone, kay?" Applejack looked Rainbow in the eyes.

"I promise, now will you tell me?"

"Well.. you and I are best friends, right?" Applejack looed down.

"Well, of course we are AJ, why do you ask?"

Applejack looked sad. She was looking out into the orchird now, rather than into her friend's eyes. "Rainbow Dash, apple farming is my life. You know that."

"Of course I know that. Apple farming to you.. is like what flying is to me." Rainbow looked over her shoulder at her wings.

"Exactly. The reason I'm tellin ya this it.. if at any point in the future, I were to go senile or somethin', and be unable to work the farm.. I want ya to kill me."

"Wait.. what?" Rainbow Dash couldn't believe what she'd just heard. "You want me to.. What?!"

"Ya heard me. I want ya to take me out int' the middle o' the orchird 'n put a bullet in my head. I don't never plan on goin' senile or anythin', but if I do, I trust ya to do this fer me. Promise?" Applejack was wearing her most serious expression.

"I..." Rainbow looked down at the ground. "I promise."

"I need ya to Pinkie promise, Rainbow Dash" Applejack did not show any sign that she was just kidding, or playing a joke.

Rainbow sighed. "Do I have to?"

"Ya have to."

Rainbow Dash sighed again. "Cross my heart, hope to fly, stick a cupcake in my eye"

"Thank ya. This means a lot to me ya know.." Applejack tilted her hat down slightly.

"No problem, AJ. No problem..." Rainbow Dash decided that most of Applejack's family members seemed to live a long time without mind problems anyway. Her grandmother, Granny Smith, was nearing 100 and had the mind of a 25 year old, except she was obviously more mature. Rainbow was sure she'd be dead before Applejack ever went senile, and that she would spend her life happily working the apple farm.

Time, however, would prove her wrong.