• Published 23rd May 2013
  • 615 Views, 14 Comments

I Pinkie Promise - TheFluttershyeffect



Rainbow Dash makes a promise to Applejack, one she doesn't think she'll ever have to keep.. but when the time comes, can she do it?

  • ...
25
 14
 615

The Best Day Ever - Rarity

**At Rarity's**

"Applejack, today I'm going to make you a dress. Just tell me how you want it, and I'll do my best to accommodate you."

"Acamelwhat?" Applejack had never been able to understand big words, and the accident obviously hadn't helped any.

"I, uh.. I'll do my best to make your dress exactly how you want it, okay?" Rarity put on a fake smile, but in reality wished she could just be alone and cry. But she had to be a part of her friend's last day alive.

"So I thought we'd start off with a simple red dress, since that's your favorite color. Is that okay?" Rarity nervously chewed on the end of her pencil.

"Yeah! Then can you put tinsel on it?"

"Tinsel.. okay. How about some streamers, too?" Rarity would have never made a dress like this for a normal client, as it went against everything she believed in fashion. But this was obviously a special case.

"Yeah! And um can you put maybe balloons on it? Like Pinkie's dress that one time? And I like blue. Can you put blue on it. Can you tie dye it?"

"Tie dye? Oh, yes, right.. of course. Just a few minutes.."

**Thirty Minutes Later**

The end result looked like something Pinkie Pie might think up on an acid trip. It was a mix of tinsel, streamers, balloons, cardboard, and everything but the kitchen sink. Applejack adored it, and smiled when she saw herself in the mirror, along with her silver spray-painted light-up boots.

"Thanks Rarity! This is the bestest dress I ever saw in my entire life!" Applejack posed in front of the mirror, only to lose her balance and barely catch herself.

"Anytime, Applejack.. be sure to.. to.." Rarity fought the urge to cry. "To come back now, you hear?"

"'Course I will, Rarity! I gotta go see Twilight now, she's gonna do magic for me!"

As soon as they closed the door, Rarity curled up on her sofa and began to cry.