• Published 18th May 2013
  • 260 Views, 0 Comments

Pony Force - sbloom85



A malevolent entity living underneath Canterlot is about to awaken and it's up to the Main Six and a mysterious swordspony to stop it.

  • ...
 0
 260

Chapter 2: Escape From Ponyville

The revelation was too much for Flint. Twilight began questioning Treat as they returned to Ponyville. “Was there anything else here besides the piece of the Reharmonizer?” She asks, and Treat started thinking as he gave her the guard. “I believe there was... I think it was some kind of crystal... it was embedded in a wall.” Treat looked at Flint unsure if he should continue with the party, or if he should leave. “I'm sure my presence here is unnecessary-” Twilight glares at him. “As if we're going to let you leave so you can pillage more artifacts...” Treat chuckles nervously. “Yeah... about that. I was a lot worse before I met Flint. I used to rob people in broad daylight. He caught me when I tried robbing him and he beat me up so badly that I was hospitalized for a couple of weeks.” Flint scoffs. “Not my best moment, and this was when I first arrived in Equestria.” He adds. “You've known each other that long?” Flint nods. “Yeah, and we met Baltimare Bill a month later. By the way, Flint...” It was Treat's turn to glare at Flint. “I gave the relic back to Trottingham, and this was before I knew what happened to you and Bill.” Twilight was curious. “What exactly happened to Bill?” Flint shakes his head. “You don't want to know... it's too gruesome to explain.” Twilight looks to Treat and he nods. “He's right.” Everyone is horrified to hear this.

The team of eight enter Ponyville as the sun was setting. “We'll see y'all in the mornin'!” Applejack says before walking off, followed by Pinkie Pie, Rarity and Fluttershy. “Treat... Flint...” Twilight begins nervously. “I'm sure neither of you have a place to stay for the night...” Rainbow Dash races to Treat's side. “I'll take him to my place, Twi.” She then darts to Twilight's side. “Maybe you and Flint can exchange facts.” She concludes while poking Twilight with her foreleg.” Rainbow Dash pushes Twilight closer to Flint and she takes off with Treat. “Awkward...” Twilight says while rubbing the back of her head. “Tell me about it...” The two head towards Twilight's library.

Twilight opens the door, turns on the lights and the two walk in. Flint examines the bookcases and chuckles. “Daring Do... I've read every one of these. It's my favorite series.” He continues examining the cases and finds another one of his favorites. “You have 'The Pony Thing”? Twilight walks up beside him and shrugs. “I'm not much into the horror genre, but I've got several titles for the ponies who do.” He chuckles. “If you've never read it, you owe it to yourself. Not only is it a monster story, but also a psychological thriller.” She walks toward the stairs and sees Spike falling down them. Flint looks over at the young Dragon lying on his face. “Spike! Are you alright?” He picks himself up and dusts himself off. “I'm fine. You got a letter from Celestia a couple of hours ago asking you to go to Trottingham to recover another relic.” Spike tells her. “Ah! I found that book on the Reharmonizer.” Flint says, grabbing the book by the binding with his teeth and taking it over to the table. “Who is this?” Spike asks before being introduced.

Flint stands next to Twilight as she flips through the pages. “Why do I have a feeling that the relic in Trottingham is the same one we found?” She stops flipping through the pages. “According to this, the sword had three components: the hilt, the guard, which is in our possession and the blade itself.” Twilight reads and Flint nods. “Yeah, the hilt was made of silver. So we did find it. What about the blade?” The two look over the book more. “Hmm... it doesn't say much about the blade.” Twilight observes as she continues to glance through the book. “Oh, here's something. 'When the six become one, the blade will emerge.' Six become one?” Flint shakes his head. “I'm sure it means the Elements of Harmony.” Flint sits down and rubs his chin. “What exactly happens when you use them?” Twilight thinks about how to best summarize the event. “Well... we take formation and our combined energy envelopes and banishes evil.” Flint stands back up and thinks for a moment. “Then that would mean that the energy would have to be concentrated on the wielder of the Reharmonizer so it can manifest itself.” Twilight floats the guard out of her saddlebag and sets it on the table.

There was a knocking on the door. “Come in!” Twilight yells. The door opens and Princess Luna enters. “Hello, your majesty.” Twilight greets her and Flint kneels. “Flint, please rise. You may relax in our presence.” Flint does. “Of course, ma'am.” Twilight walks up to her. “What brings you over here?” Luna looks at the table and sees the guard. “Is that the guard of the Reharmonizer?” Twilight nods. “Yes, your majesty. The location of the hilt is in Trottingham. Though I don't know if Flint and Treat would be welcome there after what happened two months ago.” Luna nods. “Yes. Rest for the night. I will tell the mayor of Trottingham to expect their presence and explain what is going on.” Flint walks up to the Princess. “Thank you, your majesty. We will leave first thing in the morning.” After that, Luna leaves the library. “Come on, Flint. Let's get some shuteye.”

Flint wakes up to the sound of explosions. The library shook a bit from the shock waves. “WE'RE UNDER ATTACK!” Spike yells as he scrambles to get things together. Flint hops out of the bed and straps his sword to his side. He looks to the empty bed across from his own. “Where's Twilight?” He picks up Spike and sets him on his back. “She's downstairs gathering supplies.” Flint races down and sees Twilight packing things. He takes the guard off of the table and puts it in her saddlebag. “Come on! We don't have time for this!” He grabs Twilight and rushes out of the library.

The two are greeted by a bipedal beast. It was no taller than Flint, but it was stocky and looked really tough. Twilight quickly uses her levitation spell to throw the creature to the side. “Nice. Let's get moving.” Twilight and Flint race to the train station. On their way, they run into Applejack and the others. “Not this way. Those things are all over the train. Follow us.” The five race through the town when suddenly the attackers are being attacked from above. “Look!” Twilight exclaims pointing toward the sky. “I was wondering where Rainbow Dash and Treat were.” It wasn't just those two Pegasi, there was a battalion of them aiming lightning at the attackers. Rainbow Dash and Treat land by their friends. “Sorry it took so long, we started recruiting Pegasi.” No kidding, Flint thought. “It looks like you've got the entire city of Cloudsdale to join you.” He said. “Oh that. When Spitfire heard about what was going on, she rounded up the Wonderbolts and brought them here.” Flint was impressed again. “We need to get out of here. Rainbow Dash, you and Treat continue helping the Pegasi with the assault, save as many ponies as possible and when you're done, meet us at Dodge.” Rainbow Dash salutes him. “On it!” She takes off. “Good luck, Flint.” Treat says before following Rainbow Dash.

The coast was clear. Flint, Twilight and the others come upon a carriage with Big Macintosh at the front. Twilight levitates Spike off of Flint and onto her back before getting into the carriage with the others. Flint quickly attaches himself to the carriage and looks at Big Macintosh. “Ready?” He nods. “Yup.” The two start galloping out of Ponyville toward Rambling Rock Ridge.

Inside the carriage, Twilight and the others start talking about Flint. “Ah've got a feelin' we shouldn't trust Flint or that Pegasus fella... what was his name again?” Twilight is confused. “His name is Treat. Why shouldn't we trust Flint?” Applejack points out the window. “They're takin' us to the ridge. It's a death trap if there's a rock slide.” She notes. “Maybe he has his reason.” Fluttershy responds. Twilight looks at the yellow Pegasus and smiles. “Maybe that's his reason. If there is, Rarity and I will be able to hurl the boulders at anything in our path.” Rarity fixes her mane. “I don't know about that, Twilight. My levitation spell isn't as powerful as yours. Say what you will about him, he may look rough, but he's a true gentlecolt.” The others chuckle. “Smitten are we?” Twilight asks and Rarity blushes. “I can't be the only one who thinks so. He could've stayed overnight with any of us... except for Rainbow Dash, of course, but he chose to spend the night with you.” She says to Twilight. “I suppose, but we really shouldn't judge him so soon. We've only known him for a few days.

Dawn was breaking, Applejack looks outside of the carriage and sees that they've made it to the ridge. Outside of the carriage, Big Macintosh glances at Flint and is impressed by the smaller pony's endurance, but also worried by his choice in routes. "Everything will be fine." He assures Mac, then sees a horde of creatures ahead of them. "Hey, ladies! How does it look behind us?" Twilight sticks her head out of the window, looks behind and sees another horde of creatures. "Not good!" She says. Flint looks up at the sky. "Come on, Treat... where are you?" He says under his breath and to his surprise, Treat and Rainbow Dash start flying toward the carriage and end up locked at the carriage's sides. "Sorry it took so long, Flint." Treat apologizes. "How about we take over?" Rainbow Dash adds. "Sounds good to me, what do you think?" Flint asks Big Mac. "Yup." He replies and the two earth ponies unhitch themselves and hop into the carriage as Treat and Rainbow Dash hitch themselves and fly out of the ridge. "Hey, Flint!" Treat yells. Flint sticks his head out of the window and looks at the Pegasus. "What?!" He yells. "We found a couple of old friends willing to help us out!" He yells as a dark blue Pegasus flies past. "Was that Thunderhooves?!" Flint asks. "Yeah!" Treat answers. "Then Afterburner's here too!" He comments as a volley of fireballs strike the side of the mountain, causing the rockslide Applejack was worried about.

The two Pegasi lifting the carriage land on the other side of the horde, next to a red Unicorn with an orange mane and tail. He was glad to see Flint was alright as he and Big Macintosh exit the carriage and help the mares out. "You always had a thing for the ladies, Flint." The unicorn comments. After everyone left the carriage, Flint walks over to his friend and gives him a hoof bump, then a hug. "Good to see you again, Afterburner. Allow me to introduce you to the bearers of the Elements of Harmony." He introduces Afterburner to them one by one. "A pleasure to meet you." He says. "Lady Rarity, I presume." He says, taking her hoof. "Word of your beauty has spread far and wide, but they hardly do you justice." Adding, giving her a kiss on the hoof. Rarity giggles like a schoolfilly. Flint clears his throat. "I'm afraid this isn't the time to be the ladies' stallion, Burner. We've got problems." Afterburner gives Rarity a wink before focusing his attention on Flint. "Don't we all?" He asks rhetorically.

Thunderhooves, Treat and Rainbow Dash land next to the others. "The path is clear, Flint." Thunderhooves says. Applejack walks over to her brother. "Mac, Ah think ya should get back to Ponyville and clean up any stragglers." Big Macintosh simply nods. "Yup." He says before galloping back to Ponyville. "We haven't seen you since Trottingham." Afterburner comments. "What have you been up to?" He adds, hoping for a little bit of conversation as they continue down the road. "Drifting from town to town. I ended up in Las Pegasus before being summoned by Celestia." Both Afterburner and Thunderhooves' eyes widen. "Celestia?" Thunderhooves asks. "Why are you going this way?" He adds and Rainbow Dash hovers next to them. "Yeah, we don't need to go to Dodge, but rather Baltimare." She contributes. "That's right. If we're to get the next piece of the Reharmonizer, we need to take a ferry to Trottingham." Twilight says, Afterburner and Thunderhooves both wince at the idea. "Considering what happened, that's probably not a good idea." Thunderhooves says. "It wouldn't be if Princess Luna hadn't gone there to tell them to expect our arrival." Afterburner nods in defeat. "You got a point there. Next stop, Baltimare."

The group divert eastbound to the port city of Baltimare. Treat hovers beside Flint, who was taking point, as the wingless ponies gallop to their destination since the axles on the carriage were busted on the landing. "Have you been to Baltimare since...?" Treat asks. Flint shakes his head. "Not yet. It's going to be a painful visit, I'm sure." He responds. "His family is going to want us dead for that and you know it." Flint continues. Treat nods slowly. "Yeah..."

Rainbow Dash was flying beside Thunderhooves in the back of the group. "You don't suppose they're talking about Bill, do you?" She asks as quietly as possible. "That would be a strong possibility, Rainbow Dash." Thunderhooves answers. "Do you know anything about that?" She asks. Thunderhooves shakes his head. "No. Flint and I met after that. He's a good stallion, his heart's always been in the right place. Sometimes bad things happen and there's nothing you can do to stop it." Rainbow Dash nods in agreement.

Flint had called Twilight up to the front with him. "What's up?" She asks. "You don't happen to know any attack spells, do you?" The question shocked the purple Unicorn. "Heavens no. I never felt like I needed to know any." Flint shakes his head. "That's alright, Miss Sparkle, but we'll be needing as much magical support as we need physical and you seem to excel in magic." This statement makes her blush. "I don't like to brag, but I do know many spells." She says. Flint nods. "When we get to Baltimare, talk to Afterburner. I'm sure he'll help you learn a couple of fire spells." He says, looking at Twilight as if she didn't want to have any part of that. "You'll need them. Trust me."

The group slowly approach Baltimare as they see clouds of smoke rising from the city. "Sweet Celestia!" Afterburner shouts. "Treat!" Flint shouts for his Pegasus friend who flutters next to him. "You and Rainbow Dash find Bill's family and make they're safe. Everypony pair up and help any survivors you find." He commands. Applejack with Afterburner; Rarity with Fluttershy; Pinkie Pie with Thunderhooves and Flint with Twilight Sparkle.