• Published 18th May 2013
  • 260 Views, 0 Comments

Pony Force - sbloom85



A malevolent entity living underneath Canterlot is about to awaken and it's up to the Main Six and a mysterious swordspony to stop it.

  • ...
 0
 260

Prologue: Darkness Stirs

Princess Celestia wanders tirelessly through her castle, unable to shake a feeling that Equestria is about to see a greater foe than anything her subjects have seen before; worse than Discord, the Changelings or even King Sombra.

As she wanders, she runs into her sister, Luna. “You look troubled, sister. What can we do to help?” She observed with a worried tone, Celestia looks out of a window. “It may be nothing, Luna, but I fear that we will be seeing the return of our greatest enemy, one that hasn't been seen in over a thousand years.” She tells her younger sister, who is shocked by this premonition. “You're talking about the demon Starswirl and his companions sealed...” Celestia looks back to Luna and nods.

Elsewhere, a gray Pegasus and two brown Unicorns enter the ruins of a shrine and begin searching for something. “Be careful, there may be traps scattered about this place.” The gray Pegasus warns his henchmen before they split up. He spots a button on a wall and taking his own warning earnestly, he pulls out a tree branch from his saddle bag and pushes in the button. The ruins start shaking and the sound of a stone door sliding opening emanates near the gray Pegasus. The Unicorns return to their leader and one casts a light spell to illuminate the new passageway. “Onyx, stay here and keep the exit lit.”

Back in the castle, Celestia and Luna are in the kitchen having a late night snack of cake provided by Ponyville's Sugarcube Corner to help alleviate the tension. They both feel the earth shake a little. “What was that?” A laugh echoes in the kitchen. “You didn't think that feeble old wizard could keep us imprisoned forever, did you, Celestia?” A malevolent voice spoke. “Remember what we said all those centuries ago?” The two Princesses' heart rates increase. “The Dragon shall rise again...” The disembodied voice laughs again before vanishing. “The Elements of Harmony must be put into action immediately.” Celestia tells her sister.