• Published 15th May 2013
  • 2,999 Views, 110 Comments

A Boy and a Bunch of Cute Ponies - Rupertthered



You are Anon, and Celestia has promised to send you a pony to spend the day with you once a week.

  • ...
6
 110
 2,999

Octavia

Two weeks have passed by, and you still couldn’t believe what fortune has brought you. First there were the six ponies, they were taken away, but then two new ponies appeared, one showed you music, and the other showed you self-respect. Music was a wonderful thing, you forgot how much you loved it. As well as self-respect, you never had much for yourself, always doubting and such. But in the end it only mattered that you did what you wanted and not what others thought. As you waited in your house passing the time waiting for the next pony to appear. When finally there a knock at the door. You opened it to see a gray earth pony and a large cello next to her.

“Good evening, I do believe you are Anon, yes?” You nodded your head in reply. “A pleasure to meet you, Princess Celestia has sent me to teach you wonders of the classical music and such.” She began to walk in, and pointed at her cello. “If you could be so kind to carry that for me, it was rather tiresome carrying that around.” You do what the pony tells you and you grab the cello bringing it inside and rest it on your sofa.

She seemed pretty important with the way she acted and spoke. She began to look about the house taking in everything that she can. Ever since you started your new job, you’ve been able to afford some nice looking decorations for the house, incase guests ever passed by, like the ponies. But you’ve actually had friends come in a few times and compliment how it looks.

“Hmm I see, such taste in the arts I see.” “The arts” you thought? You didn’t know anything artsy you thought. “You must be the human that was keeping the Elements of Harmony with them yes? If so then I can see that Rarity must have been great help in choosing the decorations. I know whenever I can I get her to help set up my stage for when I perform.”

Seems like the Elements of Harmony were known among the common people of their planet, the name escaped you, but you were sure you would think of the name soon enough. Especially if Rarity helped such a known musician you figured. Soon enough you hear clopping noise interrupt your train of thought.

“Now then, it is time to teach you, I shall show you how to play and have poise and grace about yourself.” She began to grab the cello and lower it down till it was in playing position. She brings the bow up and begins to play. It was nothing that you knew. You never cared much for music again, but there was some good stuff out there. “There now you try.” She said quickly finishing the song without you noticing.

You begin to grab the cello and bow from her and try to mimic her, though it seems like you didn’t know anything of course. “That is wrong, you need to move your arm higher, and your legs wider.” She begins to move her hooves about you, changing your sitting position all about. “There, now you can start playing. It is not simple playing a cello; you need to feel good about it. It isn’t like “Lyra’s” lyre where you just pick it up and play. You need to be one with the instrument. Every instrument is different and played different, so you must be able to change yourself in order to play them.”

She was quite right about that, everything is different and you had to change yourself in order to accustom to it, or else there is little point in trying. “But change isn’t always good, for example, my dear friend Vinyl Scratch. She loves the whole dubstep, or electronic music, which is not music at all, but she is my dear friend so I support her anyways.” She begins to walk over to you and begin to show you how to play the cello. “Now as you may notice, your hand movement affect how the strings will play, unlike the lyre which relies on how hard you pluck it, this doesn’t.” She begins to move her hand back and forth in different motions. “Change is good here, so that way you don’t always play the same note over and over.”

After a while of practice she leaves your side and watches as you play. To your own surprise, you were quite the quick learner. Once done with your pretend song, you hear clapping hooves. “Bravo bravo. That was simply amazing for a beginner like you. Are you sure you haven’t practiced before I arrived?” This draws a chuckle from both of you. “If I may ask, can I please of a glass of water; all that glorious music made me thirty.” You agree with her, that with the music playing had made you quite thirsty as well. You head over to the kitchen and fill up two glasses with water. “A toast to your new instrument and lesson in life. May it serve you well.” The two of you clash glasses together and gulp down the water. You couldn’t help but think about what she meant about new instrument.

“Is something bothering you Anon, you don’t seem happy.” You shake your head and smile, hoping it would make her not worry, which seems to have worked. “Alright Anon, as long as your happy. But I must be taking my leave now if you don’t mind. Important business in Cantorlot for me. It was a wonderful time I had here, do wish I could have stayed your music skills seem quite high to me. The two of you hug as she begins to make her way to your front door. “Ciao Anon, I do hope to meet you again in the future.” As the door opened, a portal is seen for her to take as she begins to step forward towards it.

That’s when you notice the cello is still on your couch. So that’s what she meant, just like Lyra. Now you have two instruments to play.

Author's Note:

I'm so sorry for not updating this, I hardly find myself with enough time to write at times. I hoping to update again within the day to make up for my lack of writing. It'll be one of the mane 6. When that is done, I plan to write Doctor Whooves next, he was going to be my next choice, but I haven't watched Doctor Who, so I feel like if I wrote him now it'll be bad, but he will be the next pony I'll write about after one of the mane 6 comes back. If you want you guys can comment to see who will appear after Doctor Whooves. You can't vote for mane 6 or princess, I'll randomly do that.