• Published 18th May 2013
  • 454 Views, 6 Comments

A Crush on My Best Friend - Glitter Brush



Glitter Brush and Harmony Wing have been hanging out for a year. She loves hanging out with her everyday, but after a day of lots of fun, Glitter discovers a feeling, a nice feeling.

  • ...
6
 6
 454

Hooves Touch

When I open the door, Eva is there to greet me. Eva is a griffon, she was hatched as an egg using my unicorn magic. She has a grey coat that is similar to Derpy's, pastel blue eyes, a spiky pattern around her eyes, and 3 long feathers poking out of her soft white head. A familiar voice flies out of the griffon's beak, "Hey! I haven't seen you since this morning! Where have you been?" She was always excited when anypony arrived at the door, especially the mailmare. Eva had the voice of a blue pegasus with a rainbow mane. I figure you know who that is. I respond to her question, "Um, where I always go. School." The grey-coated griffon walks away, her lion like tail swishing back and forth. I walk up the stairs to my messy room to do the rest of the homework (that I didn't finish). After 2 hours of studying, writing, and honey buns, I turn off the lights, turn on my TV, turn on the fan, and then I get in bed. I squirm out of my blanket, turning on my marePhone. I write my secret in it.

I have feelings for someone, one of my best friends. That "someone" is Harmony Wing. I lied about my crush to my friends. My true crush is Harmony! I'm really worried that our friendship will die if I tell her. She probably won't feel the same way about me. It just seems really awkward that I like her, since we're both mares. I had to tell my secret to somepony, so I told one of my most honest friends my DEEP DARK secret, Flare Ball. She said I should calm down and wait till it dies down. But I'm not sure I'll make it. Maybe Flare is right. I should wait. But then again, I've been getting super excited around Harmony a lot. I don't normally get these kinds of feelings. But it made me feel better when I told Flare. She was comfortable enough to tell me a secret as well. Flare also said it was just my moods changing. These feelings started the day after the sleepover at Sapphire's house. I slept on the couch next to her, which was really small, I cuddled up next to her and hugged her for a few seconds. But I got up in time for her to wake up. I shouldn't tell her my secret yet. Would it be better if I didn't tell her, or would it be better to tell her now so I can get over it I rub my head in confusion and pain, but then I continue typing. For one thing, I shouldn't tell Starstruck Tape because she is such a loudmouth. I'm not saying she's mean it's just that. That. "Oh!" I groan. This is so hard to explain! I was really quiet today because I was afraid I might've blurt out the secret. To tell you why I "like like" her- The doorknob to my room turns slowly. In the door is the little griffon, "Aren't you supposed to be asleep? You have school tomorrow!" I groan as I turn my head to my pillow and fall asleep.

Wake up, get dressed, eat, pack, walk out the door. Simple as that. I walk to Flare's house again, a little more worried than yesterday. The usual routine goes on and on. Let's skip to a few minutes after my last class.
**

I walked out of the locker room, changed into my original clothes, I find Starstruck yelling at Flare, "YOU'RE NOT GOING TO THE SOCIAL?!?!?!?! BUT IT'S GOING TO BE AWESOME!" Then she walks away. I look at her, a little shocked at her yelling. I walk upstairs to go to Homework Club when the announcer announces this, "Attention, attention! No homework club today! I repeat, no homework club today!" I get filled with disgrace when she announces it. I walk outside the door on the 1st floor to outside. But to my perplexity, Harmony nor Flare were outside. I walk to the stairs and down to the door, it's locked. But then Sapphire walks out, I ask her, "Hey, have you seen Harmony or Flare?" She responds, "They're at their lockers." I wave my hoof at her, she waves back. I walk inside finding Flare and Harmony like Sapphire said. I get the super excited feeling with a few sound effects. Finally, they all leave their lockers and we walk upstairs to outside. Then we walk home, well, not me.

Harmony invites me to her house to do some science homework. I bring my backpack, and my penguin purse that holds my marePhone and earphones. We sit down, she pats her hoof on the couch, a signal that she wants me to sit. NEXT. TO. HER. I sit down, filled with glee. I resist making the sound effects like I did in ELA today. After we finished science homework (we were stuck on a question), we texted our friends Flare and Kasia, and each other. I got a little aggressive because Starstruck texted this: Screw you too, Glitter!. But then I calmed down. after we skipped the last question on science, we went up to Harmony's room. It was a little messy. It also had a bunk bed. She invited me to go on the bunk bed with her (which wasn't very wide). Then we were playing on our marePhone/marePod until I decided to go lay next to her. She was playing on hers, so her hoof was up and her arm was down. Mine was too, but then after a little while, our hooves met each other and grasped on to one another. I was filled love, joy, and glee when she did that. I texted Flare back telling her: Hooves. Touching. Help!. We text back and forth when we do this, but then we got bored. Harmony wanted to learn to make a story and I taught her. But then she saw the picture for my story (this story), which she isn't supposed to see because she will F-R-E-A-K. But good thing she didn't see the title! Phew! I wipe my hoof on my forehead, a little glad she didn't see the title. I texted Flare that she saw the picture, she got a little angry at me for doing that. Stupid! I facehoof myself, Harmony didn't see me. But then I had to go home, I waved my hoof at her, she waved back. I was filled with happiness and wonder. "Oh, I hope we do that again!" I magically teleport off to home.

Author's Note:

The secrets written in the marePhone (iPhone) is actually in my Notes app, but all names, and some edits are changed and made in this story.