• Published 10th May 2013
  • 2,622 Views, 25 Comments

Cry of Fear: Depths of Insanity - WardenGage



Simon Henriksson has fought through his own personal demons and confessed all of his thoughts into a book laden with sadness. Four police officers fight to stop the books creation, and upon succeeding, are rewarded with no more monsters.. for them...

  • ...
3
 25
 2,622

Prologue: The mind of darkness

They were all around him, and he knew it. No way but to fight once more for the sleep he had been fighting to get for the past 6 days. Clutching the Glock 9mm, Simon drew the pistol and aimed at the nearest creature. He wasn't going down without a fight.
"Come on fuckers!" Simon shouted in every direction of the black, light less void.
"Why do you fight us, Simon?" the mysterious voice asked, as if it was toying with him.
Light, light was all he wanted. A flashlight, or his cellphone. Anything to make the endless darkness writhe in. The first monster rushed at him, growling and waving the hammer like a toddler waves their new toy. Simon aimed down his sights and blasted it in the head one, two, three times before it went down. "Fuck," Simon thought, "They're getting tougher to kill." A different eerie voice came into the void and Simon caught glimpse of a horde of the same creatures rushing to kill him as the voice began to speak
"Simon? Simon wake up. Wake up Simon!"
The eyes of 19 year old Simon Henriksson shoot open as he shot up from the 6th consecutive nightmare. Sophie stood next to his bed with her hand on his shoulder. "Are you ok Simon?" She asked, almost motherly like.
He pushed her hand away from his shoulder and replied "Im fine, Sophie. Just a nightmare."
She stared back at him before saying "You were screaming and shouting for light in darkness. Simon, I'm worried about your health. Things haven't been the same since those cops surrounded that car. Whats wrong? You know you can talk to me if you need to."
"I know..."
_________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sophie was worried about Simon. He'd been perfectly fine before he saw those police officers in the street surrounding that car... Maybe she should go to the police tomorrow with him to figure out about what was going on those six days ago.
Now all she had to do was remember the license plate number. She shrugged, she'd ask Simon tomorrow.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
Things were no better in his mind as he ran from the endless amounts of monsters streaming from an unknown source. He was running towards something he knew all too much about, complete darkness. But where ever he ran, a light like a ceiling light followed him, showing the demons and hell spawn where he was.
It basically said: SIMON IS RIGHT HERE! COME AND GET HIM!
He didn't want to waste his ammo, because that left him with his fists or if he was lucky, a switchblade for the rest of the night.
"Fuck me!" This was the only thing he could fathom about the light. He tried to shoot it out with a gun, but there was no source, just a random light in a void that should have no light. It made no sense at all.

As he crashed to the ground from exhaustion, he waited for the monsters to take him. Minutes passed and no monsters, this meant it was almost morning and that the sun would frighten off the monsters.
Simon opened his eyes to the now bright room. Same drab, white room. He ran his hand over his face, feeling the sweat. As he got out of bed, he looked over to his digital clock, it read 10:42 AM he looked over to his blinds and remembered they were a darker fabric, allowing the monsters more leeway to meddle with his mind. He then climbed into the shower, turning the water on hot and then climbing in.

When he finished the shower, he put on a t-shirt, his hoodie, a pair of blue jeans, and socks. He then left his room to see Sophie in his small kitchen. She turned and said "Hi Simon! How'd you sleep?"
He went on to reply "Horrible."
She frowned "Well, I've got a plan today,"
Simon raised an eyebrow "And it would be?"
She turned away from the stove and said "Were going to the police station today to get some answers about those four officers and the car they surrounded."
Simon's only response was "Well, let's hope well get some answers."
"And Simon"
"Yes?"
"What was the Plate number on that car?"
"It was..... XVG 965"
"Alright, well want some eggs?"
Simon shrugged as he went to get a plate from a cabinet.
Unknown to him, another strange being had taken an interest in his mind. A being not of this world. A being of the night...

Author's Note:

Whew!
Wanted to get the prologue out before I write his daily routine and his subsequent discovery of light in the void.
(Also, I have never played Cry of Fear, just reading about the characters again to freshen up my knowledge about Simon)
Cry of Fear Belongs to TEAM PSYKSKALLAR
My little pony Belongs to Hasbro