• Published 10th May 2013
  • 2,622 Views, 25 Comments

Cry of Fear: Depths of Insanity - WardenGage



Simon Henriksson has fought through his own personal demons and confessed all of his thoughts into a book laden with sadness. Four police officers fight to stop the books creation, and upon succeeding, are rewarded with no more monsters.. for them...

  • ...
3
 25
 2,622

The Peak of Darkness and the Rise of Light

Princess Luna had found the strange creature's dreams by the Strength of its will to fight off a blessed night. Upon further inspection of said creature's dreams, she found herself in a state of confusion. It fought creatures in its dreams that would not effect itself outside of the dream realm. But she didn't know that time itself was morphed and bent so that the creatures, that should exist in a horrid book, were not let out, and therefore became trapped in the mind of Simon. Because of the police officers traveling through the book and stopping the crippling accident that would create the book, it created itself in its own way. Simons mind, where it would fight to destroy his sanity, or worse, kill him. And he had no way to stop a creation of his mind and a creation of time itself. She shrugged and decided to watch the dreams at a closer level.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________
Simon opened the door to his apartment and fell onto the couch. Not even bothering to remove his shoes. It was almost night. Horrible, horrible night. Why? Why did this happen to him. WHY HIM?
"You want me? Come and get me." Simon muttered to the ceiling. The clock read 8:30 PM. It was time to face his fears once again.
As he drifted into sleep, he found himself in a different surrounding this time. A forest, where the trees looked like they had faces and were trying to scare him. In his bag was the same things he had the night before:
A Glock 9mm, switchblade, and his cellphone, which offered no basic light in the void he was once in.


Was this a way of punishing him? A way to toy with him further? Perhaps it was to distract him so the monsters could kill him. Then the sounds came. The sounds of approaching things made him pull out the pistol and aim it in the direction of the noises. Then the monster roared as it cleared the thorned bushes

Followed by a new creature he'd never seen before


Simon did the thing he knew best, shot them. two rounds for the new one and three for the other. A blood curling scream reached the ears of Simon, and he took off, not caring about tearing his clothing. As the screaming faded, he slowed down to a walk. But he dropped his guard enough for one to ambush him, hitting him in his right shoulder.
"God dammit!" Simon shouted, dropping his pistol. The screams returned as he could hear the rustling of the creatures approaching. Then, he could hear groans of confusion.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
Luna had seen the creatures desperation. It was about to die if she didn't help. so she put a force field around him and teleported the creature out of the radius so the other one could recover. It just looked around before grabbing the strange object from the ground. She didn't know what lay behind the next tree because she didn't create the forest, but bring the dream to a familiar place for her. Of course, the forest was a dream, so it had its confines.

She didn't want her and her sisters little ponies to be harmed, after all.
"What are you, strange being?" She asked herself. Such darkness in ones body and mind. A darkness that could have matched herself when she was once Nightmare Moon. But after the elements had purified her, she felt... normal.
_____________________________________________________________________________________
Simon wasn't faring well in this strange forest. He couldn't tell if the trees were the monsters or if his mind made this place.
Then it appeared, something of a godsend for him. A Flashlight. Something he always wanted for this Hellish Nightmare. As he picked up the light, a Monster ran at him. He brought the gun and flashlight to par with it and it reeled back whilst shrieking. Felling triumphant, he waves the light around the forest, catching something no one would ever expect. as he brought the flashlight back, his mouth formed a look of utter shock. It was a pony. A FUCKING PONY. On top of it being a pony, it had a horn, and as it turned to get away, revealed it had wings also.
"What the Hell was that?" Simon thought. pushing the thought aside, he continued the trek further into the forest.
Out of nowhere, he felt a vibration in his bag. Pulling out his cellphone to see a text. the only words were "Go right"
Go right? Who sent the text into his mind? It didn't matter now, because it was there and he couldn't stop it. Unfortunately, he could have stopped the hammer swinging for his arm. Simon screamed as the hammer came down hard on the muscle in his left arm.

Three rounds were delivered to the brain of the monster. "Maybe I should head right..." Simon thought, turning to the right and going along the route he thought would lead to whatever it was the text was talking about. What he found next gave him a hope he would have never thought existed. There in the middle of this god forsaken forest was a door. A door that was a solid white. Simon looked behind him, unsure if the pony was following him. It wasn't, but it was waking up to warn its sister about him and his power.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
Luna's eyes opened and she shot up and out of her quarters to head to her sisters. "Maybe she'll know what to do." She thought. She burst into her sisters room, despite the guards advising against such an option.
"Tia! Tia! Wake up! Wake up! Wake up sister!" She was pushing on her sisters slumped figure.
"Hugh? Mmmmmph, five more minutes. They can wait for the sun."
"Sister! this isn't about the sun! its about a dream I saw!"
"Hurgh? Luna?" Celestia asked, laying herself up from her bed, letting the covers slide off as she rose.
"Yes! Sister, it's me, but I saw a dream that was unlike any other I've seen. It was a creature that has never been seen in our lands before, and the scary part is that its powers were that of darkness, and they outmatched Nightmare Moon!"
Celestia took in everything her sister was saying and nodded when she finished.
"What do you propose, Luna?" She asked her younger sister.
"Never in my time have I been concerned about what could threaten us WORSE than Nightmare Moon." Luna's voice was strewn with worry.
"Shhhhshhshhshh." Celestia hushed her sister and pulled her close.
"We'll figure out what to do tomorrow, after I have raised the sun." She told her sister.
"And Tia?"
"Yes, Luna?
"What if we cant?"
"well figure that out tomorrow as well. Get some sleep sister, please."
"Alright. Good night, again."
"Good night."
With that, Luna trotted back to her room.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
Simon was in awe. The room contained everything he wanted. Ammo, guns and medication. and the best part was, it was a lit room.
"Fuck yes" Was the only thing that came from Simons mouth.
After stocking up the following weapons: Famas, Gewehr 43, Ruger p345, and mags for the weapons.
"Come and get me!" He shouted into the forest.
As if on command, enemies began to appear out of the bushes and behind tree's. most fell with ease from the streams of Famas rounds. Pausing to reload, Simon glanced up to see one in a stripped green shirt take its chance. Too late. Simon pulled the slide back on the rifle and shot it down. seconds felt like minutes, minutes felt like hours, hours that would lead to the end of the night. as the last one fell to his Glock, his phone buzzed. A new text, from the same person?
"What now?" Simon thought.
The text read:
"Simon, you fought the dark recesses of your mind with the weapons given to you by us. We are the light you strive for, but cannot find. We come to you with an offer to destroy the dark in a place you both will be at a disadvantage, but you will get the upper hand in one way it cannot, by learning in the light. You are stronger than you know, so consider the weapons as a gift to welcome you to the land of light and dark, of peace and conflict, of truths and lies, we welcome you to the world of ponies. A place where you will get friends, gain allies, make enemies, and ultimately learn to master your mind and fight to end the eternal dark void that you and I both hate. Who we are and what we do don't concern you, yet."- The Light
"The light? what are they? some fucking cult? What ever, at least I can fight the monsters." Simon said before a blinding light woke him up.


END OF PROLOGUE

Author's Note:

Ponies+Simon=????
Began the final part of the prologue with Luna because it was lacking ponies(mod informed me when I tried to submit).
And now ponies.