• Published 10th Feb 2012
  • 875 Views, 7 Comments

Chaos Unbound - Riften



One spirit of choas is bad enough, but two?

  • ...
2
 7
 875

Chapter 4

Chapter 4

The story was about at its midpoint, around the area right before he was turned to stone. " I could see something flicker in my fathers eye that last time he looked at me. I just ignored it then but...now... I realize he was apologizing for what he was about to do. " Most of the story Twilight was on the edge of her seat completely enthralled by the story he was telling. He had paused a moment for dramatic effect and it was killing her. " And then what! Come on, don't stop there!" He could only laugh at the purple pony. " And well" The words stung him. " He turned me to stone. The next thing i know im awake looking like this, ancient." Twilight stood there dumbstruck. "HE TURNED YOU TO STONE!? I knew Discord was bad, but turning his own son into stone!" He raised his hoof in defense. " No no my dear you misunderstand his intentions. What he did to me was an act of kindness. And if what your saying is true, that my father is currently encased in stone hidden away somewhere. That means he saved me from her." That last word, the way it was spoken got agitated Twilight. " You keep talking about Celestia like she was a villain, the bad guy! What did YOU do to make her go after you?!" He glared at her with a stare that would put a cockatrice to shame. " What did I do!? I was born! From the moment of my birth SHE has been hunting me and my father. SHE claimed to have discovered some link between her dying race and me. so SHE made the decision that all FOUR of the remaining alicorns had more of a right to a future than her new born son." Some of the seriousness drained from his face. " My father made sure to cut that number down to size." They stood there glaring at each other. Twilight's one of disgust and his one of rage. His glare faded away as he looked to other mare in the room. " Mrs. Rainbow i believe you said she was the one who could help me get to Celestia? Is this true?" Rainbow moved nervously in her seat. " Well she could. If you know...Twi?" Rainbow raised an eyebrow staring at her friend. " Why would i want to help him? Im sure all he has on his mind is revenge! And lets say he frees his father? What then?! He'll just rampage like he did before, but this time he'll know what to expect!" She looked over at him eyes still burning with aggravation. he slowly rose from the couch he was resting on. " I see we will not be receiving any help from this one, Mrs. Rainbow if you'd still like to accompany me the offers still open." She nodded and began to follow him out the door. Twilight stopped them on the way out. " Rainbow Dash you cant really be considering helping him can you?" She didn't answer. She tilted her head to the side and continued on her way out. " *BELCH* ". The noise caught all of their attentions, Spike had received a letter. He read it to himself and then out loud. " I'll be there shortly. Keep him there. " Twilight shook where she stood, but a massive grin stretched across his face. " Well things are about to get interesting."