• Published 9th Feb 2012
  • 747 Views, 3 Comments

The Wayward Traveler - Shadowrunner



The Wayward Horizon is a place for nopony, What happens when Fluttershy shows up there...

  • ...
 3
 747

Prologue+Chapter 1

A/N: First Fanfic Warning! Attention! First Fanfic Warning! (This is also a bit of an experiment on perspective as well, R&R so I can become a better writer, PLEASE.
Prologue:
The Wayward Horizon, a place that time forgot. Inside it, a series of trials, these trials are to test and to break ones sense of self. These 6 Trials are known as The Trail of Tears. People come here for many reasons, power, control, greed… each person coming up with one or all the same reasons to try The Path. At the end of it, you get your one request. Only one person has ever survived it with their mind intact. That person is me, and because I was the one to survive, I had to guide others through this place for a short while. And each time a person comes through, they go mad within a day. I am bound by rules to not help anyone, unless I truly feel they are worth the time and that once I do, this place will collapse, and I am to die with it.
Never did I think a time like this would come, I used to only hold 2 reasons on why you should ever come here. One is to become Lost, to never be found if you fear for your life or you have created something so powerful/evil it should never be used by anyone. The other is for Knowledge, for knowledge is more powerful than anything else in the world, for ideas transcend time and space.
However, sitting now on the path with this shaky and surely terrified pegasus has made me rethink those priorities. Even if we get to the end of this wicked trail or not this place will disappear, me possibly along with it. However, if it means I can get Fluttershy safely home and away from this demented and timeless place, so be it.
A/N: This place is separate from all other universes, you actually have to find the portal in your universe.

Chapter I: Candle in the Dark
A/N: Before anypony/person asks, Shadowrunner is my character/OC for Equestria and the Wayward Horizon.)
10 hours ago-
AHHHHHHHHH!!!!!
With a jolt I wake up, wondering why someone would be screaming this late in the night. Has somebody entered the Horizon or was it just me? Getting some light field armor on, I go outside to investigate. A couple of the Lost have fashioned pipes and rocks for makeshift axes and are bearing down on a quivering mass. Bashing them out of the way with the Nightbringer, I notice that the mass is actually a pegasus. It is bleeding profusely and has already fainted so I lug it back into the outpost and get it into my quarters. After hours of trying to and successfully stop the bleeding do I notice a symbol on its right flank. Its three butterflies colored pink and blue. At first, I couldn’t quite believe my eyes; in fact I kept pinching myself to make sure I was awake. We don’t get many communications from other universes, exuding one. The guy in charge is known as RA-Darkstar, good guy but can be really forceful. Anyways, to create a safe passage between us and another universe, he gave me all of their media. (We don’t get many visitors after all.)I had recently started on watching the show MLP:FIM, and got into it. (Dark did say I would probably enjoy it.) I decided to check the episode Dragonshy to confirm/deny what I saw, sure enough, the same symbols showed up on the lightly colored pegasus as the one resting in front of me.
I dare not awaken the timid pegasus at this moment, but as I softly shut the door, I can’t help but to wonder: Why is she here???....
A/N: Going to try to write this next chapter from FS’s prospective.