• Published 29th Apr 2013
  • 416 Views, 4 Comments

The Crescent Nightmare - ChaosKing



There was never just one student of the Princess's, and now Twilight and Luna both have a great power to try and stop before Celestia meets her fate at this young woman's hands

  • ...
6
 4
 416

Chapter 2

Twilight’s POV
I let out a whoop of joy as I flew through the air. I could be up here for a thousand years and I wouldn’t lose the excitement of flight.
I heard Rainbow Dash praise me for the more advanced maneuvers I had just preformed, and knew that soon she would want to race. I couldn’t help but get excited at the prospect.
I was just about to do a U-turn to get back to her when suddenly I felt a change in the atmosphere. I was about to warn Rainbow when a bolt of lightning struck me in the side, causing me to crash into the ground.
I looked up to see a clear blue sky and wondered just what the hay had hit me. I looked around for the source and felt a dark presence in the vicinity.
“You Canterlot crowd! Never able to see what’s coming even when its right in front of you!”
I turned to see a young mare with a coat as black as night, and two emerald green braids coming together to make a loop on her back. I could see smoke coming from her horn, and saw a cutie mark on her flank showing a crescent moon in a flame of dark fire.
“Who are you?!” I cried.
She looked at me with a smile before replying in a voice that sent chills down my spine, “Your worst nightmare.” With that she sent a blast of energy and power out to knock me off the balcony I had been using for a landing pad during practice.
“Let’s see who the truly better student is Twilight!” I heard her cry.
I righted myself easily, but I felt rage building up. Just who did this mare think she was? I was going to go back up there and teach her a lesson.
Before I could get even halfway up the tower I felt a sudden wind spike. I was launched halfway to Ponyville and had my trip stopped by a tower. Ow.
I looked around from the impact zone and saw half a dozen tornadoes devastating the higher regions of Canterlot. I felt my jaw drop at the site. Disaster spells had been outlawed and all text destroyed centuries ago, and to even do one required a lot of magic.
I might just be in over my head.

Crescent’s POV
This was too much fun! I watched as Twilight began to use her magic to try and calm the twisters I had conjured up, and felt delight when she was repeatedly thrown against one tower or another.
I felt a spike in magical energy before seeing a pink form appear and begin to help Sparkle. I almost felt flattered that Cadence had to be called out to stop my fun.
I heard two sets of hooves coming up the stairs and felt a tightening in my chest. I was about to face her.
Would she recognize me? Would she run out to cover me in her wings like she used to so long ago? Would she even care that I had spent the last millennium trying to make her proud?
I would have to save those questions for another day. I had a plan, and this was simply the preview of it.
Celestia and Luna stormed in the room (stormed in… get it? Because there are storms right out- you know what? Just forget it.) and stopped dead at the sight of me.
Luna looked at me and ran her eyes over my form. I could feel her magic checking my own personal magic signature to know for sure it was me.
She took a step forward with a look of one who had just awoken from a dream more like life than they could recall, “…Crescent?” she whispered.
I looked at her for a moment before responding, “Not quite.”
“But I thought you died almost a millennia ago! How have you survived so long?!”
I ignored her question and spoke the lines just as I had rehearsed them, “I’m here for what’s mine mother. And if you’re smart you’ll help me. I’ve waited for this time for 1000 years. I can wait a few weeks more.”
And with that I jumped off the balcony.
And then the princesses realized I lacked wings.

Author's Note:

To whom it may concern... the reason I have both Twilight and Twilicorn on this story is because I have no idea what separates them as a character. All I see is one has wings and one doesn't. If there is supposed to be a major difference then please inform me.