• Published 29th Apr 2013
  • 1,087 Views, 14 Comments

The Left Behind. - Prince_Nebula



The civil war between The Solar Empire and The New Lunar Republic erupts, taking fathers, mothers, sons, daughters, solders, and civilians alike. But Spike never thought he would be left behind by the one he cared for most... Twilight.

  • ...
6
 14
 1,087

Not So Alone

Spike slows down and catches his breath after losing sight of the hospital, then looks at his surroundings.

"Whe... Where am I?" He says between breaths and after a few seconds silence is all that is around him, then he's pulled into a nearby trench.

"What the hell are you doing solder!?" A hushed yell comes from a rather large man holding him down. "Do you wanna get yourself killed?" He looked at him, a stern look on his face. "What's your squad Private!?"

Spike looks at him a bit frightened from the sudden action. "M-My Squad?... U-Uh... O-Om-mega M-My squad is Omega...."

.The man sighs. "Damn rookie..." He stands slightly staying low and motions for him to follow. "Follow me Shiny." He makes his way through the trench. "The name's Broad Stroke. General Broad Stroke." They approach a bunker where the sound of jazz music spilled out. As they entered there were three soldiers in it, two playing cards and the third laying in a nook, helmet over his eyes, and tapping his foot in the air to the tempo of the song.

"What the hell do you think you privates think you're doing!" The mans voice boomed within the small room causing the boys to jump into attention though the two playing cards got up easily, the boy in the nook fumbled out and landed straight on his face. "PRIVATE PIPSQUEEK! STAND AT ATTENTION!"

"S-Sir yes sir!' He stood up quickly fixing his helmet then standing in as salute.

"What in the fuck were you shit heads doing! Lounging around during a fucking war! If you wanted to lounge you should've signed up for the N.L.R.!" He glared at the three boys. "This is the new member of our platoon! Private..." He looks to Spike realizing his tag was gone. "Where's you're tag Private?!"

Spike looked up at the general, then to his shirt. "Oh!... S-Sorry sir... It must have gotten lost on the way here..."

Broad Stroke stared at him. "Stand at attention when you're talking to a higher ranked officer! Now, what's you're name Private?"

"S-Spike sir! M-My name is Spike." He stood at attention like the others to address him correctly.

He nodded and turned to the others. "Well, there you have it. Now I'd like for you little fuckers to show Spike here the ropes. And if I see you screwing off again! I'm gonna take that radio, break it, and shove the pieces up you're asses! Do I make myself clean maggots!"

"Sir yes sir!" The three responded in unison still standing at attention.

"Good." He began to leave the room. "At ease ladies." He opened the door and stopped. "Supper's in 0200 hours. Cya then." He left the room, leaving the boys to themselves.

As soon as he left the two boys sat down, and Pipsqueek immediately ran up to Spike and grabed him by the shoulders. "Spike what are you doing here? Shouldn't you be at the hospital?"

Spike stepped back a bit. "No. I left that place behind, and I'm never going back..."

Pipsqueek opened his eyes slightly and looked at the other two then back to Spike. "Well.... Why are you here.... It's a lot safer there." He chuckles nervously. "I mean... Here... We don't always have a warm bed, or a fresh meal or eve-" He's stopped by a hand in front of his face.

"I'm not gonna be here for long. I'm going to Sweet Apple Acres to see it I can't get a quick transport up to Canterlot..." He sets his things down and looks at the other two. "Hey Featherweight. Hey Chip."

"Hey Spike..." Featherweight said as he pushed his cards to Chip and began tinkering with his camera as Chips smiled and nodded.

"Good to see you Spike." He picked up the cards and put them away, then turned off the radio.

"Are you nuts?!" Pipsqueek said standing in front of Spike again. "We're at war, and you wanna waltz down to Sweet Apple Acres, and ask Applejack, or Apple Bloom, or Big Mac to get a ride up to Canterlot?" He looked at him like he was crazy.

. Spike nods. "Yup." He looks into Pipsqueeks eyes. "That's the plan."

He shakes his head. "Okay... One. Applejack is one of the people who objected to the idea of the war, and would completely disagree with you going up to Canterlot, because it's a major WAR ZONE! Two! Apple Bloom won't do it because she's not old enough to even LOOK at the machinery, and Lastly, BIG MAC HATES THE SOLAR EMPIRE!" He shook Spike. "There is no way you're getting up there with a transport!"

Spike stared down the boy. "I'm still going."

Pipsqueek chuckled slightly. "Good." He picked up his things and handed Spike his. "I thought you would wimp out."

Spike looked a bit surprised at the boy. "W-Wait... What?" He raised a brow in confusion.

"Well... Yeah, I was just wondering if you were serious about it." He chuckles again. "And now that I know you are, I finally have someone I can leave with." He smiles.

"You really want to leave?" Spike still seemed a bit confused at the new information.

He nodded. "These jerks won't leave with me. And I've been dieing to get out of here and see some real action."

"Well.... Alright then." He snickered. "Think you can keep up?" Issuing a challenge.

"You're talking to the fastest running back on the Ponyville Titans here, I think I should be asking you that question." He chuckled opening the door to the bunker.

He chuckles and follows behind, feeling the nips of the cold and damp night air. "Lead the way."

They begin to leave, hiding in certain places so they don't get caught and remaining low and quiet. "Alright. Now, the best way to get to Sweet Apple Acres from here would be through the Everfree." Pipsqueek said sliding behind a rock.

"You up for a little hike?" Spike snickered.

"You betcha." A voice came from behind them, as they turned they saw Featherweight and Chip Mint crouched behind them.

"I thought you guys didn't wanna leave?" Pipsqueek seemed surprised.

"We wouldn't make it anywhere if we didn't have anywhere to go." Chip chuckled slightly nudging Spike slightly. "Well let's go before the general catches us."

They nod and move into the Everfree forest, going one at a time so that they didn't attract attention then moved through keeping an ear open to hear any natural threats within.