• Published 28th Apr 2013
  • 761 Views, 9 Comments

Forever Young - MushroomCookieBear



After Applejack's death,Twilight Sparkles daughter Lunar Sparkle brings her back to life with an immortality spell. But is it really the best decision?

  • ...
1
 9
 761

Celestia's Spell

--May 8, 2113--

Applejack entered the graveyard wearing a grey and olive scarf,walking slowly and hanging her head. As she walked past the gravestones she read many of her friends' names in her mind; "Twilight Sparkle","Rarity","Pinkie Pie","Fluttershy",and "Rainbow Dash". She stopped at a cracked grave. The words were printed as clearly as the day they were written.

Here lies Applebloom
Loving daughter,sister,and mother.

May 8, 2003 - April 16, 2063

Applejack sighed. "Well,Sis'." she began. "Happy birthday. Ah brought ya a present." Applejack sat on the ground and dug through her saddlebag. She pulled out a clear,printed picture of Applejack and Applebloom,taken on Applebloom's 5th birthday.
"Ah saved it after all these years." She planted the picture on the front of the gravestone. Applejack's smile faded the more she stared at the sight. A tear shed from her eye.
"Ah'm sorry that this had to be so unfair." her voice broke."Ah wish ah would've gotten to say goodbye." She hung her head and sobbed quietly.

Princess Celestia approached behind her and lay a hoof on the orange mare's shoulder. "You miss her,don't you?" Celestia inquired. Applejack wiped a tear from her eye and sniffed. "Y-yeah. she muttered.

"I'm sorry life has to be so disappointing. I've been there,too. Same with Luna. We've lost so many friends and family during our lives. But,you know what? We kept our hopes up and took it with dignity. It'll get better,soon."

"It will?"

"Certainly."

"Well that's hogwash! Ah've lost a bunch of my relatives over the years,you expect me to be happy?! Mah life hasn' been the same since Applebloom passed away. Ah jus' wish Ah could see 'er again."

Celestia glared in annoyance. "Would you rather I take you back in time to the day you died?"
"That's fahn. Maybe it'll boost mah memory."
"Alright,then."

Celestia's horn glowed a very bright yellow and a beam of light shot at Applejack. Electricity crackled around the ball of light that surrounded the orange mare.

Within a second,Applejack was gone.

Author's Note:

This is my first MLP:FiM fanfic. I'm sorry if doesn't make sense or something. Also,I'm a sucker for putting in too much detail.