Give Blueblood Some Character! 593 members · 437 stories
Comments ( 12 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 12

Neither among family or our victim of shipping-teases, discuss your belief of how your visions of this not-so-noble Noble would interact with and react to the snobbery and commonwealth.

For example, take Jet Set and Upper Crust and run with that, or run with the version of them from a nice fanfic, "A Mother's 'Love'", that inspired this very thread.

For example, I imagine Vladimir (or Prince, literally same name) Blueblood face-hoofing in exasperation at the idea of two grown ponies wanted petty vengeance on children for daring to point out their hypocrisy and telling them to buzz off. Instead of treating the situation like adults and moving on with shrugs, they conspire to... demean foals...

"... And now, I temporarily ruin my beautiful face with the act of... the face-hoof."

4987878 "We are the aristocracy. We are above the common folk. Our city, our stature, the very look in our eyes declares this. We are the great, they are the small. I have said these things myself over many a glass of imported wine, echoed these sentiments in countless ballrooms."

Blueblood stares into his glass of wine, as if he sees something in the rippling liquid.

"I have never made any secret of my feelings of superiority. I am the Nephew, the closest mortal blood relative to the princesses. I have treated the ponies beyond Canterlot's walls with contempt and disinterest, and this fate has often befallen those with whom I share this city. I do not regret these feelings. On many an occasion, I have reveled in them."

Then he turns a scathing glare on Upper Crust.

"But I have limits. There are certain... sentiments that even I know better than to express. Sentiments, I hear, that have recently been championed by you. You have crossed a line that bars even demigods from entry."

He sets his glass down, and a hairline crack spreading across it subtly indicates his rage.

"Do you think there will not be consequences?"

How he would react to anything depends on how he's characterized, doesn't it? :rainbowhuh:

You might write him as a relatively normal pony that looks down on anything that might hurt a foal, even if not physically, and you might write him as an honest, well-meaning sort that really doesn't like children, so he laughs all the way as long as it's less than grimdark territory. And if we're going for a genuinely evil version (which I'll never write myself, but I understand some are less fettered), he may stuff them into the cragadile's mouth himself. With a long stick, that is, wouldn't want to get that peasant-spawn stench in his fur, eh wot?

I'm a particular fan of varied interpretations, so other than that, I might not have a ton to add here. :twilightsheepish:

4987929 Eh, the one we usually do. Close to princesses on some level, therefore still a bit of a ponce, but not a jackass. :D Even like Moriarty's writing just above.

Celestias Paladin
Group Contributor

He has been watching them for time, Jet Set and Upper Crust, and from the first moment he saw them Oz found them to arrogant and condensing. Of course Oz would be the first to admit that he was that too, he is after all the honored nephew of the Princesses and scion of the Royal House of Blueblood. But still they way they talking about the common pony, laughing about how they raised the rents on the homes in the poorer Wards of Canterlot.

He frowned, Upper Crust at least was from those Wards and once lived under the name Penny Pincer. The two seemed to forget their roots as the self made pony. He hadn't, the Royal House of Blueblood can trace it's lineage back 3000 years and not once been broken, and they never forget their roots. Founded by at the time an unlanded knight, a bastard foal, who climbed their way to prominence during the War of the Five Crowns.

He may be an arrogant ass but he never treated others that way, he is a Noble in title and actions. Perhaps a word to the Treasury and an audit.

4988030 Forgot his first name is Osmium in yours. XD My bad.

Celestias Paladin
Group Contributor

Yep, Oz to his friends, Osmium to his coworkers, Your Highness to everyone else, and my precious little nib to his mother

4987878 I much rather see his reaction to the brony hatedom of him. like in work where he gets faiths worse that death.

4989348 Some part of me thinks he'd just give them a dose of his aunty's patented inquisitive eye-brow raise, or Luna's "the things I put up with" face.

4989359 strangely more satisfying that what I had in mind, be the bigger my I suppose

Now that's something I've wondered as well. If you ask me, I could see him breaking down and cry from knowing so many people hate his guts to such an extent for what amounts to a bad date.

And how they are characterised. If you get down to it, they did even less to deserve such sheer hatred. Yes they're shallow and fake, but that's it.

In another series, they would've invited Rarity to their party to publicly humiliate her; shame her so her Canterlot acquaintances turn her back on her. But they didn't even do that. They just invited somepony important to make nice. They're kinda in the same boat as Gilda was a few years ago.

4990263 sad part is you know most people will love that.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 12