Give Blueblood Some Character! 593 members · 437 stories
Comments ( 390 )
  • Viewing 301 - 350 of 390

4029277 thanks I worked hard on it Also thanks to this for the Idea:twilightsmile:

Blueblood is a useless fop.

Everypony knows it. Well, almost everypony; some of the less informed podunk towns have yet to get a clue as to His Highness, but it trickles through even there by now. Prince Vladimir Blueblood of Equestria is a coward and a ponce who can hardly put on his own horseshoes in the morning.

Which is surprising to anypony who knew him back in school.
He was one of the better students there. Arrogant, yes, but smart enough to back a lot of it up. And he loved to read. He loved exploring, and he loved reading about exploring even more. "What happened?!" cry the teachers. "Why did he let himself go like this?!" Most have given up on him.

They don't know what he knows. There's a little secret only Equestria's Royal Family is privy to: Every single member is cursed and will, at some point, go insane.
Luna lost her mind and turned into Nightmare Moon. What Celestia did is lost to history. Cadance threw herself into a relationship with Equestria's greatest barrier mage in the hopes that he could contain her once it's her time. And Blueblood... Blueblood wastes his life away.
What danger can somepony be if they never learned to do anything..?

"Don't you want to do something, Blueblood? Make your mark on history before the curse takes hold, and be remembered for more than frippery and laughing at inappropriate times?"

Blueblood gazed coolly up at Celestia. "Grandpa Wainwright only wanted to make a better axle for carts. He ended up creating an army of tanks and calling himself TWAINwright the Sunderer. Great-great-grandma Bubble Breeze figured nothing could go wrong with a hot air balloon hobby... until she started using ponies as target practice for her 'mega-darts'. Great-great-great-great-great-great-great-grandma Puffy Top liked to bake, and you still won't let anyone in Canterlot make a souffle!" The Prince shook his head. "I'm sorry, auntie, but this is the safest way."

Blueblood gazed coolly up at Celestia. "Grandpa Wainwright only wanted to make a better axle for carts. He ended up creating an army of tanks and calling himself TWAINwright the Sunderer.

O_O
It all makes sense now!

Considering his Auntie Celestia's penchant for meddling in other ponies' lives for their own benefit, I wonder if she has anything set up to shake Blueblood from this part of mental suicide by vapidness. I mean, she's witnessed literally generations of her descendants lose their minds at some point, and yet Equestria still stands. She must be doing something right. Or maybe the curse doesn't really hit everypony...
Wait—maybe Blueblood's stubborn and petulant refusal to be helped is actually a sign of his arrogance. Like, he thinks he's got it all figured out and doesn't need any help, since he's so smart (or so he thinks). Unfortunately, that's not how it works, and Celestia knows it.

4054611 Simple: Celestia's insanity manifests in putting her faithful student through dangerous tests. :D

How about Prince Blueblood's insanity is manifesting as apathy. His desire to avoid the curse will not stop it because it never manifests the exact same way. Blueblood is merely manifesting the another form of the curse, the uncommon one. His curse isn't going to make him go out of his way to hurt others or kill many ponies, its going to destroy him directly. Princess Celestia realises this early on in the manifestation but tries to hide it all from Luna. She's secretly afraid that Luna will relapse harshly if her favourite grandson dies of anything but old age.

Firstly, He'll be kinda glum and unhappy but then slowly things will change. Maybe he smiles less or stops responding as strongly to teasing. Then he stops visiting any of the few friends he has. Perhaps he loses interest in his favourite bands. Perhaps food will start to be bland and tasteless for him. He then stops visiting his family. That trip to the crystal empire he's been planning for months? cancelled. The planned Birthday Gala? doubly so.

Then He starts turning away food even as His Aunt tries to cajole/guilt him into eating. The lack of food takes its toll, Celestia can only watch in mounting horror as Apathy manifests slowly from the form of the emaciated stallion. Cosmetically, Blueblood's colours dampen, his cutie mark becomes just an outline and his eyes become unfocused. Blueblood may have been a useless fop but Apathy seems barely alive and has no real desires at all. Apathy has to be magically forced to move, drink, maybe even breathe. Eventually, Celestia has to set him up in a hospital just to keep him alive because she cannot sustain him and run Equestria simultaneously.

The cruelest part? Apathy is not considered a threat by the Elements of Harmony. Prince Blueblood cannot just be zapped better.
Another solution will have to be found before its too late.

Desperate times, desperate measures... in nopony can help him...

Celestia picked up her phone and dialed. "... Get me... The Changelings."

DUN DUN DUN!!

I dunno, giving someone with depression and a family history of mental illness over to a group that survives on abusive codependent relationships seems like... well, not the best course of treatment. :derpytongue2:

I say send him off to the zebras for some potions that'll inhibit the curse, and some philosophical teachings to help get a sense of balance between unchecked, violent ambition and self-destructive but otherwise harmless lethargy.

4083074 It might be!

Celestia thus said to Chrysalis, "Think of it as a... playful challenge."

At this point, the minotaurs sound like a better suggestion! Motivational speaker + burly enough to take Blueblood down if he starts getting "sparky".

4083597 Changelings!! :D Besides, don't assume all have the same profession just because of one of the people.

Okay, Changelings require a different approach. An OC approach, methinks.

What if Queen Chrysalisalisalis has a younger sister? One who idolises her big sis, but herself just isn't... bad. She tries really really hard, but she's too bubbly and pleasant and all around nice to pull 'Evil Changeling Queen' off like she wants to. A bit like Pinkie or a grown-up Sweetie Belle. Anyhow, she desperately wants to impress her big sister and hatches a new plan to invade Canterlot.

What a fortunate coincidence that Princess Cadance happens to have a younger brother!

"Princess Pupa", perhaps?

Hmm... She latches on to the idea of imitating her sister and marrying a prince and is forced to help rehabilitate him so that he has enough energy to even be seduced in the first place? Sort of a romance/con-job thing, where the con-artist falls for the mark.

Definitely a rogue operator, though. Not sanctioned by either government. :p

Unless it's written extremely well, I'm not a big fan of OCs messing with canons.

4083074 how as everyone else face struggle to bring him back prince blueblood too faces mental struggle like his fears, self loathing , and an complex
or maybe a villain oc or canon try to take over his body and he fight back be it in search of a way to get rid od his control or a on going dialogue and chess game between the two

I'm not really sure how such an internal struggle will work unless the curse has a will of its own and becomes an entity or somehow splinters Bluebloods mind. As for changelings and OCs? I'm not too sure personally, I find that many OCs tend to blur towards what is essentially the same character; a badass (but in reality just an ass ). I also agree that changelings may not be an adequate solution.

Additionally, I figure there will not be alot of magical cures.
For instance, Discord could arguably 'cure' him with a snap of his talons. Similarly, Cadance could use a willing mare along with love poison and just strengthen the bond to snap him out of it. In both of these cases the pony that returns will not be Blueblood anymore. Its also kinda my headcanon that Cadance considers love poison and love potions in general to be anathema to her purpose.

However, I also imagine that Cadance or even Celestia might sink to those levels eventually.
Twilight would probably be researching everything she could to find a cure. Perhaps because Celestia is hurting, perhaps an old debt or even perhaps she feels something more for Blueblood?

I feel that you could write this as a sort of sad and dark piece without it becoming a tragedy. Maybe it ends with true love breaking the curse, maybe it ends with (providing an inner battle takes place) Blueblood gaining the courage to face the world and the unknown thus overcoming the curse by sheer force of will.

So what I'm seeing is nearly all the princesses slowly run themselves to exhaustion trying to find a cure.
The situation while dire is stable until Luna finds out.....

Princess Luna strode in to the door beyond the guards, shutting and locking it with a soft click. She stood in the hospital room looking at the still form in the bed. The private ward was loud, the bleep of the heart-rate monitor, the sucking of the iron lung and the whistles, whirls and chirps of a dozen other machines she could not fathom the purpose of. The walls were an unpleasant shade of white in her opinion, her grandson would not like it at all. At least the room had an excellent view of Canterlot on a fine sunny morning.

As she approached closer to the figure lying there, horror mounted in her. Her sister had finally relented and told her the condition of the prince but nothing could prepare her for this. Prince Blueblood looked like a skeleton with a skin stretched over it. His eyes were open staring at the ceiling unblinking. There were tubes.... in him. Luna felt like vomiting. She wanted to hug her grandson. To lift him in an embrace and tell him everything will be alright. She did not dare to jostle the tubes that kept him alive.

'There had to be something,' She thought. 'Twilight Sparkle could not have tried every option.' It was then she recalled a legend that was older than she was. It told of Panacea, a legendary cureall located deep in the Dragonlands guarded fiercely by a mighty dragon brood.
'Its only a legend,' She mused sadly.
'A few years ago, so was the mare in the moon,' came the reply.
'These dragons are holding the cure for our grandson,' came a snarl. Luna shut her eyes tightly and grit her teeth. She felt angry.
'Celestia would have Us sit and do NOTHING!' Came a voice filled with malice. Luna felt wrathful.
'We must cure him,' Luna's eyes snapped open, slitted with rage glaring at Blueblood. The mare's gaze quickly softened into affection.

"Quickly!" Shouted a voice from the hall outside. "The guards around the Royal ward have been knocked out."
It was then that the ebony mare moved. With wings spread wide, she smashed through the windows and into the sky.
She wheeled into the direction of the Dragonlands, her magic cutting a swathe of dark night through the morning sky.
As the princess of the night sped off on her course, she had but one thought on her mind.
'Either the dragons would give the cure or Nightmare Moon would take it from them.'

Does the Panacea exist? I'd leave that to the writer's discretion.

4107938 Nightmare Moon/Princess Luna: Most Doting Granny Ever.

I reckon she would be. Especially if he greets her return with that big hug I saw as a snip once. Affection is super effective on the lonely (particularly princesses that go mad because they feel unloved).

4111666 Lol. Did I type that?

Nightmare Moon: WE SHALL HAVE HUGS FROM OUR GRANDSON, OR THE NIGHT WILL LAST FOREVER!!

Probably, It was good.
"COME HERE AND HUG ME, GRANDSON"
"Grandma please others are watching"

Not to tangent but I gotta....
Holy crap... Alternative 'best night ever'

Luna is present at the gala and is big on Mare to Stallion chivalry, something that Blueblood was trained in from birth. The problem is that these ideals are horribly out of date with the modernisation of Equestria. When Rarity is approached by Blueblood, Luna follows to keep an eye on them and is quickly offended by the treatment of her favorite by an element of harmony no less. When Rarity chews out Blueblood, Luna steps in and proceeds to play an overprotective matriarch from 1000 years ago mentioning expectations from mares and stallions. Keep in mind that back then Stallions were not even allowed into the armed forces or even to run businesses. A mare was expected to do things like open doors, offer flowers and protect their stallion from flying cakes. As for Blueblood, princes are the most delicate Stallions of all; demure and pure.

I just think it would be mortifying for Rarity to be chewed out in high society by a princess at full RCV volume. The aftermath would be hilarious also with Celestia trying to assure ponies and educate Luna on modern manners. At the same time, the majority of Equestria is going socially backwards about a thousand years because they are convinced that this is what the princesses want.

The Long Tired Road

The path to Alicornhood is one followed by every royal. It is a long one as its walker must embody every element up to the sixth. Once the walker treads this path there is no turning back and to err is to die.
Essentially this story assumes that no Alicorn is born they are made. Alicorns are more than just rulers they are physical embodiments of all the qualities of harmony. Luna's decendants have spent generations trying to achieve what their ancestor did. Many have come close but as time when on knowledge such the identity of the sixth element was lost. But that was then and this is now. With the discovery of the lost element of Magic by Twilight Sparkle, spoiled and snobby Prince Blueblood has the best chance in generations to become an alicorn. He sets forth striding proudly towards the trials, failure is unacceptable.
Loyalty? He would never betray his Auntie, Caddy, Equestria, or even his recently returned granny. Honesty? .... Generosity? Kindness? Laughter? Oh dear..... Magic? He barely has any.
Starswirls spell and Twilight's asension fit in too. Being an element of harmony puts you on the fast track as you literally embody one element and the others will rub off on you by proximity. The spell never worked for Starswirl because he was not an element but its purpose was to truncate the trials into a single test at the time of casting. A funny scene could be written for Twilight in which she realises that metaphorically speaking She walked into a closed book exam with a cheatsheet, answered one question and passed. Cue panicked 'I cheated so Celestia's gonna be so disappointed in me' Twilight.
As for the pass or die thing, the trials are not murderous but challenging emotionally, physically, socially or any mix of the three. The death part refers to the potential of alicornhood. You only get one shot and have to pass all parts, there is no extra credit.
The trials would be a set of six magical challenges that a prospective alicorn must overcome. They never strike in tandem but otherwise may strike at anytime. What exactly they would be I could not say. I had the idea that proving you had honesty meant being honest to yourself and others. For instance, having your cutiemark changed to someone else's and effectively having to tell yourself 'this is not who i am', a self induced cutiemark failure, like Blueblood at the Equestrian games.
Or Perhaps the trial of Kindness showing up in the form of an uncontrollable exaggeration of many of his worst qualities at the Gala? I reckon he passes because he was no where near as bad as he could have been, aside from some bruised egos on both sides no one was actually hurt.

Lol. I like these both.

That's actually a really neat idea! Double points for tragicomedy if it turns out that Luna used to be the more progressive sister. After all, she instituted that her male descendants should have the right to inherit, hers is the more changing of the skies, and (let's not forget) she was the first who wanted to turn Equestria into a Monarchy instead of a Diarchy. Progressive doesn't necessarily mean good and/or smart.

Also, this picture:

... Yes, Be-Be. I'm sure she will. One day.

Progressive Luna may be but she's also somewhat stuck in her ways. Her Grandson is unattached at what age? This will not do. Stallions should have taken at least their first wife by then. But who will be a good one? Twilight Sparkle would make a decent match perhaps she should start there...

Essentially another running gag/plot would be Luna attempting to arrange an engagement for old BB. Perhaps even forcing those she chooses to go on absurd quests, many of the poor mares would probably obey out of fear.

Cadence would be going nuts. Luna would down play her concerns by stating that she is the matriarch of this lineage and what she says goes.
I don't even think it needs to involve any actual romance between BB and another, just Luna being active.

This story has be bury under other ideas of blueblood's relationship thread of this group and quite frankly it would be fun to see
The elements of marriage
this story start is like the thread suggest Luna tries to marry off the mane 6 to blueblood of course there are to way to go though with this
one to keep it short BB try to find a way to stop this force marriage with the mane six acting differently to the idea of being all married to the same stallion
to make it longer have the weeding go though and Blueblood and the element of harmony must learn to live with it

How about some of the mane six are quite into it. Pinkie being excited because she can now do a bunch of marriage related parties and finds Bluey funny. Fluttershy might like a strong personality.
Others would be on the fence. Applejack having to marry a 'snooty' pony. Twilight not wanting to disappoint Luna or Celestia. Rainbow Dash unsure if this is awesome or not.
Rarity would of course be against it at least in private.

As for Blueblood, I think it would be more interesting if he was mostly going along with it to make his Aunt and Granny happy. Honestly it has struck me that fics where he is the sworn enemy of Rarity/Applejack/everypony make no sense. He probably deals with a hundred ponies a day at least, most of which are probably sychophants and bitdiggers. He has probably been chewed out before so why would any of them (except Twilight) ever be of importance. The Gala was ruined yes but why would say the mare who chewed him out or that mare with the food stick in his mind?
Heck the only reason Twilight gets an exception is because I am of the headcanon that Blueblood has lived in the castle his entire life and would have naturally met her. He probably treated her with respect because being Celestia's Protege gives her some political weight (even if its entirely in other ponies heads).

What I'm trying to say is that I think he introduces himself and is (regardless of their reactions) blissfully unaware of their already formed opinions.

Ok I now have another idea....

Cadence and Blueblood are siblings but we never meet their parents? Well...

Dear old dad worked himself to death to serve Equestria but mother is still alive and is currently in the care of Canterlot Asylum. You see mother couldn't take the strain of dads loss on top of her miscarried colt. It was the straw that broke the back of a delirious camel. Heck some would even argue that way back in the day when that miscarriage occurred and she stumbled across a large egg in an alley was when it started. Old dad had sent Cadence of to stay with Celestia shortly after she gained her princesshood and he just sadly watched his crazed wife caress this egg and call it her baby.

It was a shock for him when it hatched into a small insectile pony with the bluest eyes he had ever seen. It had cosied up to his wife and even taken her colouration. Why it looked just like a Unicorn colt! His wife insists on adoption.

Prince Blueblood: Changeling Queen

Essentially this would be the story of a young changeling ruler being raised as a unicorn prince while dealing with all the issues of being a changeling queen. It'd have to knick a few bits and pieces from here and there. For instance, For the hive's love induced laying. Bluey panicking because his loving sister induces his first laying, his immense gender confusion coupled with the fact that he is not only a love sponge but produces 'sex goddess'-tier pheremones that attract both mares and stallions when hes even slightly aroused. The Queen lays eggs like a bee does (to an extent) producing drones without a mate.

His hive would start in Canterlot and would slowly transform into a changeling presence in every city and every layer of government. I mean why even kidnap ponies when you just use the drones in place at the ministry of immigration and citizenship just make you identities? Trying to lie? Changelings are empaths. Blueblood quickly determines that his mission is to maximise the love and happiness in Equestria so his hive can live with ease amongst ponies. Sick ponies? Drones go to medical school. Unhappy Orphans? improve orphanages. Ponies need a spokespony that will represent them in a legal setting? Hmm.. the drone named Gavel Strike is an excellent lawyer. Blueblood becomes known for solving problems and starting companies/charities all over Equestria.

Ultimately, Blueblood becomes a very powerful and well liked political figure because it appears that he can get just about anything done. Blueblood is elevated to Princehood (he was not recognised as a prince) and given the dukeship of Canterlot for his deeds. It was a great deception that only came crashing down at the Equestrian games when the poor Prince forgot to switch back his cutiemark....

Also on the subject of the gala:
"I demand an apology" Rarity growled, looking at the large grinning changeling before her. "Even a queen should not ever treat a lady with anything less than respect." She felt much braver with the Princesses and her friends around facing this insectile beast. Said beast was currently mixing some honey into its tea from a large honeypot.

The Blue eyed Changeling's smile just increased in size. "Why miss Rarity..." The changeling shifted slightly on his cushion, seeming to mull over his words. "Do you know what love is to changelings?" Blueblood could smell her disgust and fear.

"Its your food isn't it?" Rarity responded in what seemed to be a snarky tone. Those teeth she thought as she suppressed a shudder.

"It is our primary food source. It also has a powerful smell." Blueblood replied. "You were stinking up the Gala. Admittedly, Had I known I was the subject of your affections i would not have approached you at all."

"Are you saying that I smelt.." was all Rarity could get out before she was gripped in a powerful telekinetic grip and gently pull towards the changeling. In an instant the elements of harmony were on their hooves.

"Stop that!" Blueblood said calmly. "I merely want dear miss Rarity to experience my side of the gala." He then floated the honeypot over to his side and gently leaned close to the captured mare. Swiftly Rarity found sweet nothings being whispered in her ear with the precision to flatter. As the blush spread across her face, she found her mouth forced open and honey began to flow down her throat. at first it was pleasant but quickly she found she couldn't breath, Her nose was blocked and she began to struggle. Suddenly it stopped.

"That was my night with you at the gala miss Rarity."

4160707 yeah I mean to say each of the mane 6 six have different reactions to being married to blueblood like that but I wrote that really quick just to get that idea out. funny I also think pinkie would be on board with it and the others reaction to it seem appropriate for the most part
however by the look of it you seem to be suggesting this happens earlier on in the mlp verse as in before the mane 6 become notable for being hero of equestria ( even though most pony don't seem to care. as for Blueblood it does make sense he won't remember any of them expect for twilight seeing how doesn't share a scene with pinkie, fluttershy, or rainbow, so it would be interesting to see him use his gentle colt charm on one of them but when you said

What I'm trying to say is that I think he introduces himself and is (regardless of their reactions) blissfully unaware of their already formed opinions.

I thought you meant they learn of the marriage before him and react accordingly and BB unaware why they are acting weird then Princess Celestia tries to explain to him so he won't get shock only to be be glomp by pinkie saying how she can't wait for the wedding and proceed to list off all the thing she need to do before hoof
It make sense that he going threw with it for his auntie and granny because even he had feeling for twilight before he still would not marry the rest of the mane 6 though I can picture him slowly loving them all though out the story it most likely structure like a journal story or like rune factory , harvest moon each day they would hang out either all together or BB and one of mane six a day
ps Here a better name for it Elements of matrimony

my headcannon for the fame of the elements of harmony is that while the elements are collectively known by most equestrians, Celestia had their actual identities suppressed to protect their daily lives. It would only be 4th season that their identity suppression was stripped.

So... spin-off?

Queen's Knight

From Pawn to Knight, up the board he goes...

Simply by some acknowledgement from the Queen of an opposing force to his home country -and his big sister in particular- Blueblood has wormed his way -even if not completely meaning it- into the green-blooded heart of the Changeling Queen herself...

What tasks would await him, given permission to call her name, now?

Nah.

I reckon the 'Princess Pupa/ Queen Chrysalis' Stuff could be the main plot. in the background, Luna being a busy body and trying for an Elements of Matrimony ending. I think that you could definitely get some laughs out of repeated attempts by the Elements to woo old Bluey under orders from Luna. These could fail for numerous reasons; Rarity being unable to stand him, Rainbow Dash's competitive streak winning out over sense, Twilight trying for the "Perfect Date". One hundred ways to be the perfect date.

Blueblood slowly falls for an individual he quickly discovers to be a changeling, said changeling falls for him in turn. Cadance keeps running interference and supporting Blueblood's decisions but is unaware of her little brothers love's true nature.

Or is this a continuation of A Queen and Her Pawn?
Ahh... I get it now.
That could also work well.

4241863 Yeah, little sequel ideas to a Queen and her Pawn.

4241863 Another part of expansion is when Celestia -because in the story he's not that close to "Granny Lulu"- finally realizes her nephew has been been vanishing out of Canterlot for... days, sometimes WEEKS at a time for the past half-a-year, and has an investigation or confronts him about it, in particular because he IS family, and she only noticed this MONTHS after the fact.

It's not that she doesn't trust him... it's wondering if he's okay after her negligence.

KEEP IN MIND, these are brainstorms for a potential sequel... Eyeswirl doesn't have to write a thing,

Hmmm....

Praetorian

If there's one thing that Prince Blueblood is good at its being invisible in plain sight. Ponies don't pay much attention to what he does and while he might bungle sometimes, he never gets caught.

His latest mission from his queen... No... Chrysalis has been odd to say the least. Being her personal guard and taking her to fairs, parties and the movies. Chrysalis calls it gathering information on her prey and Blueblood has no reason to expect any ulterior motives. Being a prince has its benefits after all and if Chrysalis wishes to pretend to be some form of forelegcandy in order to complete their mission then so be it.

... Pfft. Silly queen.

Bonus points if Celestia's investigation leads her to the wrong conclusions.

For the Alicorn Amulet, clearly Prince Blueblood was looking to secure it for the safety of Equestria and the poor colt probably thought it was a fake and thus returned it.
The Gala? Clearly the Prince was under massive stress.
Celestia is also proud her nephew was on his way to protect the Crystal Heart at the Equestria games.
And whats this? Her nephew has been seen in the company of a beautiful mare on multiple occasions? Love must finally be in the air for him.

Also, I Figured. Ya cannae farse wun ta rite!

And then the reveal... DUN DUN DUN!! XD

And Blueblood's 'fuck you, I LOVE HER!' moment, assuming he actually gets so far into the mission.

Or....

Blueblood's love for Chrysalis is enough to feed the whole hive, a peace treaty is formed.
I always kinda headcanoned that a changeling takes love but loses a considerable amount of energy and potency because it is not for them just their guise.
However, Blueblood's love is directed at Chrysalis the changeling, therefore maximum love absorption.
This love can then be utilised by the hive.

And the first time, they all accidentally over-eat and are rolling bellies threatening to burst from their carapaces. XD

And then the only disguise they can use at that time is fluffy ponies.
It writes itself.

BLUEBLOOD SQUISH HUG!!

Oh man...

The scene, A serious peace treaty signing. Celestia, Luna, Cadance, Twilight and Chrysalis all being megapolitical and serious.
Then Blueblood enters the room, in the middle of a super affectionate pile of squishy changeling drones.
Chrysalis probably blushes immediately, the drones seem to be simultaneously adorable (they look like chubbies) and incredibly terrifying to any who try to get near the prince.
Negotiations are called to a haitus so the hive can digest, Chrysalis wants some cuddle time, Twilight is jealous, news at six.

4242362 lulz, oh so much.

4242409 Twilight gets jealous?
I like where this is going
hump Bluey should be cuddling with me!
also in be funny if Candance was their but is frozen with a agape mouth and wide eyes like a statue after learning her little brother in love with the queen the queen

Cadance sat still stock still, eyes wide mouth open. Celestia looked between her semi-comatose niece and fuming faithful student, part of her wanted to speak to her niece and the rest wanted to giggle and whip out one of her favourite books. She caved, drawing out a small black book embossed with Blueblood's cutiemark, she flipped through the names, talents and numbers to the nearest blank space.
Lets see, She giggled. Princess Twilight Sparkle, Magic, 2975. Keeping track of mares with crushes on my oblivious nephew is more fun than I thought. Heck thats the third today.

Luna simply watched on as her grandson was snuggled by a foreign queen surrounded by what had to be an entire hive of shapeshifting emotioneaters.
Wait a moment... She thought. She scanned the treaty again. There!
Among the legalese, buried under some of the most poetic wordplay she had ever seen was a marriage agreement for the hoof of the young prince.
Infact, if she was reading this correctly the treaty both states that peace requires the marriage and that attempting to renegotiate this will be considered a declaration of war. She glanced over at Cadance and then her eyes met Celestia's.
Don't the new princesses read the documents they're given? She conveyed. Celestia's response was negative.
She turned back to her nephew and his special somepony. Then it hit her like a surge of energy as her face split with a smile.
GRANDBABIES!

4253967 of course Granny Lulu would think of grand-foals
And Auntie Tia seem to be looking forward to having a couple more nieces and nephew
but they better the arranged marriage a secret. True Chrysalis know about in and Blueblood wouldn't mind One bit
but if Twilight learns of this she'll evolve into a rapidash
WHAT!?!?! NOPONY IS GONNA TAKE BLUEY AWAY
and poor Cadance if loving of Blues love for Chrysalis frozen her face learning of they're marriage will petrified Her the servants will have to wheel her out

Have you seen Chrysalis? The Changeling Queen would not do it in secret at all. Her plan was massive and ostentatious.
Her wedding will be a spectacle for all to see, think of the Canterlot wedding but Chrysalis undisguised and not a bitch.
Cadance will likely be propped up in the corner, somepony get a lifting dolly to wheel her out there probably poor Shiney.
Twilight will just have to deal or face banishment to the moon. The tides will float this ship...

I imagine that Celestia's little book has a few names crossed out like Rarity's.....

Nah, Chrysalis would still be a bitch, but this time it'd be because she's honestly freaking out about the details of the wedding. :rainbowlaugh:

And now, for something completely different!

You all knew this was coming.
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

A lone figure sat in a formerly abandoned cave. A fire kept her the worst of the cold away, but still her form shivered from time to time.

Anger.

Those six... they barged into her town. Messed up her life. Just because they couldn't accept true harmony. Just because they thought they were better than her! Nopony was better than her! Nopony was better than anypony else!

"What's this then? A commoner, speaking to a prince?"

No. She wouldn't think about that. He wasn't important.

"Your special talent is 'magic'? How quaint!"

She grit her teeth.
It had been years since she left Canterlot behind. There was nothing that kept her there.

A flashing smile. "I'm Prince Blueblood."

The Princess was too removed from the lives of regular ponies to understand their problems.

"Do you like my mark? It shows that I always find my way!"

She'd left the Big City and made her own way. She founded Equality Village; she helped her little ponies achieve true harmony. She helped them have big smiles, and straight manes, and clean coats.

"Starlight, you silly fool. A prince, with a commoner?"

She helped them come together as one. She showed them nopony was superior to anypony else. Everypony was equal.

"We can never be equal, you and I."

Equality for everypony.

4258397 Eh... I'm not a fan of Starlight Glimmer with Blueblood, honestly...

• Viewing 301 - 350 of 390