Give Blueblood Some Character! 593 members · 437 stories
Comments ( 390 )
  • Viewing 251 - 300 of 390

3666535 Hm... Interesting. Very interesting., seeing him interact with the common pony for the first time... That would be quite an experience, him asking of the obvious and the ponies look at him like he's grown a second head.

... On a different note... Blueblood as a Creature of the Night. Not a Bat-Pony, be it variant of armor enchantment or an actual branch of pegasus, but an actual bloodsucker, therianthrope, or the like. One of, no hybrid. It's a mark of his family that their line's... conception... occurred while Luna was under the influence of the Nightmare. Since Luna's return, lately the Prince of Canterlot has felt himself becoming more... ravenous. His usual diet just doesn't cut it anymore...

3667010 Orrr...

BAT-PONY!

Blueblood is in fact a Batman styled superhero! He puts on the act of the snobbish prince as a way of deflecting the possible idea he could be the well trained, well funded Batpony!

3668783 It's been done. Bleh.

Through an act of pure willpower, Prince Blueblood kept himself from starting when the door to his office suddenly crashed open, interrupting the blissful din of his favourite song.

Rainbow Dash, newest Captain of the Wonderbolts—their youngest in recorded history, in fact—stomped up to his desk with heavy steps.
"Fly me to the moon. Let me play... among the sta~"
Click.

Rainbow Dash retracted her hoof.

"Why?" she pressed forth. Her voice was strained with anger, making her (in his honest opinion) adorable scratching tone even more noticable.

Blueblood regarded her cooly.
"Any number of reasons," he said. "Most prominently incompetence. I can give you a complete gathering in writing if you like."

Rainbow didn't answer. For several long moments they looked each other in the eye, until Rainbow pulled forth an object from a pouch in her flight suit—a cassette. Without breaking eye contact, she put it in the recorder and pressed 'play'.
"Change my pitch up... Smack my bitch up..."

Blueblood felt a drop of sweat run down his brow.

3671970 I don't get the lyrics. XD But pain and humor inbound!

Nonverbally threatening him with physical violence by using "Smack my Bitch Up" by The Prodigy :raritywink: The lyrics are just those two sentences.

"... Miss Rainbow Dash, it was for the best.. Besides, was it not your dream to be a proper Wonderbolt?"

Here's an idea I've had way, way back after season 1. You can see that it precedes "Magic Duel" by looking at the characterisation^^
"As you can see, Trrrrrrrrixie is the greatest, the magicest, the most powerfullest of all equinity!"
Fireworks accompanied the shouted declaration. For once, Trixie (the Great and Poweful) had a good night.

One might think Canterlot ponies, with the vast arrange of festivities their city hosted, were a more jaded bunch, but it was exactly the opposite. They loved every show, and they loved hers.
All except one.
"This... petty prestidigitation is supposed to impress us? Fie. Fie, I say." the burly blond Unicorn in the first row stage-whispered. Trixie ground her teeth, before giving him a dazzling smile and beckoning him on stage.

"You! Yes, you! Join Trixie on stage, so that she can show what she's truly made of!"
Prince Blueblood winced as he suddenly felt all eyes turn to him, but with everypony looking, he had no way out. At least no way while saving face. He set his shoulder.
"Fine!"

When he'd reached Trixie, the magician produced a star- and moon-stitched blanket from... somewhere. Blueblood, now blind to the world, felt an onset of worry; the mare at his side grinned wickedly and bowed to the excited audience.
"So, for Trixie's grand finally, she shall make her new assistant... disappear!" A rather large and heavy looking wand floated next to the prince.

"Wait, what's this about making me disap—"
Whack!
The blanketed figure crumpled.

Trixie tore the blanket away to reveal that the space where Blueblood had been just seconds ago was empty now. Thundering applause was her reward, and she basked in the attention.
"Thank you! Thank you very much! Now, Trixie has to leave, but she shall be with you in memory! Farewell!"
<><><><><>
Trixie sat before the mirror in her cart with a triumphant smirk.
"Oh Trixie, you sly devil, you did it again. What a show! And finally a chance to put one of these... annoying hecklers in his place!" She snorted. "Bad enough I had to deal with this in a backwater hick town like Ponyville."

About a ponylength away from her lay an unconscious Blueblood in one of Trixie's trunks, sporting a rather large bump on his now-disheveled mane.

And then (incoming run-on!) she goes to grab a meal, packs up the wagon, heads to another town, and goes to sleep, wakened by the rumbling sounds she first thinks to be a ghost of a jealous unicorn come to haunt her, hesitantly opens her trunk while brandishing the whacking wand again, and smashes it down on the star-and-moon stitched blanket, remembers something, and finds herself smiling sheepishly at the pony she's accidentally foalnapped and knocked out (twice!) a few hours later?

I think there was a movie about someone not quite meaning to abduct someone else, doing it anyway, and spending most of the run time just trying to keep them from calling the police until they bonded. Thinking this might go something like that. :rainbowkiss:

Haha, yes! That's one direction that could be explored!^^

I left the exact reason why he ended up in her wagon purposefully open, as there are several possible angles.

The original idea had her abduct him deliberately. It still would've been a crime born of anger and especially desperation. Of course Trixie would've been in over her head, with things spiralling more and more out of control. It wasn't a happy story by any means.

Then I wondered if coltnapping a prince in broad daylight, in front of a huge audience, wouldn't be just a tad too foalish even for a narcissist like Trixie. Unless she has some way to hide her wagon, the Pegasus guards are very likely to find her in a very short time, her not being the size of a pet phoenix :rainbowlaugh:

The comedic path you explained is probably a better approach! Come to think of it, it actually works much better after "Magic Duel". Trixie would have a good reason to be afraid of going to the authorities after the whole amulet business. Plus, I doubt Blueblood wouldn't at first threaten her with royal retribution as best as he can. She'd need to make sure he won't throw her in a dungeon for what was essentially an honest mistake... apart from the whole whacking him over the head thing. That was deliberate^^

They stared at one another in silence on opposite ends of the campfire, Blueblood tied up on one end, Trixie thoroughly regretting the choice of her last trick on the other as she forced the widest, most Great and Apologetic smile she could manage. "So, yea, easy mistake! We can't be more than a few miles away from Canterlot, maybe we could pretend this whole thing never hap-"

His horn began to glow. Trixie reacted on instinct.

Whack!
---
It was morning when he woke again. Trixie was looking a little more contrite every time he saw her, (unless it was just the concussion) all of the fur in her face damp with sweat. "Haha, wow, really getting off on the wrong hoof here, aren't we? I swear I don't mean these things to keep happening, it's, I just..." She sighed, not sure if putting an inhibitor on him would help her case at this point, if she even had one. "Bad luck, maybe? That you were in the front row at the time, forgetting you were in that trunk, not being able to find any decent work, winding up in a town with foals stupid enough to disturb an Ursa Minor, the thing with the alicorn amulet, the-"

He spoke. "Alicorn amulet? That was you?"

Her pupils shrunk to pinpricks as her face turned carefully neutral, looking him dead in the eye. Realizing what this look most likely meant, he braced himself as best he could, shutting his eyes. "No, p-please, wait!"

Silence. He dared open a single eye to see her trembling as she stood over him with the bludgeoning tool raised over her head in both forehooves. The 'he knows too much' look was still there, but blended with fear, perhaps at getting thrown in a dungeon for life, perhaps for what she was about to do again. "Please," he uttered, "I'll play along, I'll cooperate, just don't hit me again!"

She slooowly lowered the +3 (it looked like it was about to be +4) Wand of Whacking to the ground, some amount of tension visibly leaving her body as she whispered. "Sorry." She smiled a little. "So, what's your name?"

He didn't return it, but at least managed an answer. "Prince Blueblood." For a split second, The Look returned, sending a chill down his spine. Now he forced a smile. "S-so, what was your name?"

She raised an eyebrow, looking more annoyed than psychotic for once. "Really? You didn't catch it once during the show?"

He rolled his eyes. "Oh, I'm sorry, maybe it was the multiple blows to the-" he remembered his predicament, cringing again. "I'MSORRY,I'MSORRY,PLEASEDON'THITMEAGAIN!!"

Not having realized she was holding the prop used for percussion on princes again, Trixie replicated her action of a moment ago. There was another abashed smile. "Sorry."
---

I can see an easy running gag between her steadily increasing nervousness and his saying/doing the wrong things at the wrong time to prompt another whack, but I'm not sure how long that could be kept up before it started leaning towards outright abuse instead of comedy. :applejackunsure:

:rainbowlaugh:

Love it! Especially the +3 whacking wand, that was a great joke!

And yeah, it's going to be difficult not to make it into outright abuse at some point. Not that most readers would object to that, mind you.

Blueblood is an Ass
Blueblood is, in fact, a total knob.

He demands impossible standards from those around him, and is willing to change the goalposts at any moment. He is perfectly aware of what proper decorum is in any situation and gleefully ignores it himself while gossiping about anypony else who steps out of line. He plays practical jokes on the servants and strangers, and makes endless busy work for those directly underneath him.

(First, I want you to transcribe and make 50 copies of this speech. Collated AND stapled! Then, I want you to deliver them to the secretary on the other side of the room from you. Yes, her only job is to remove staples and shred every document given to her... what's your point?)

Blueblood is a knob. However, most importantly, he is a harmless knob.

Aside from elevated blood pressure, Blueblood has never actually harmed anypony. He is frustrating and disappointing, but at the end of the day, he still performs what few duties he has and has never even fought back the few times he pushed a pony too far.

Maybe it's ennui and he's just acting out. Maybe he comes from a long line of utterly debauched royals, and Celestia is still working on breeding it out of the family line. Whatever the reason, he's an ass... but not a monster.

Yes! The Funny is strong with this one! :pinkiehappy:

"Alright, I'm going to make you 'guards' useful for once. You four, run around the castle in single-file making train noises. You two, stand at the front gate and repeatedly slap eachother across the face any time somepony gets close. You may take off your horseshoes first. Those of you with wings? Dance party on the roof, (don't worry, the snack table is already set up) you may stop when you collapse from exhaustion. What follows will be a slumber party on the roof. Any questions?"

"Um... Sir? How, in any way, will this protect Her Highness?"

He shrugged. "Intruders will be too weirded out to proceed with their plans, thus saving the day. You may all thank me starting now. Anything else? No? Good, now get to it!"

Everypony who's in the know knows that Princess Celestia has a nephew. Most don't care to ask where he came from; they just figure he's the latest and most obnoxious branch of her mortal family tree. Others think he or his forefathers were adopted by the princess at some point. But most don't care. Blueblood himself certainly didn't.

Until that letter. The one calling him the 'last prince of a lost empire'. It came together with a tome he couldn't open and a genealogy he couldn't believe. Didn't want to believe. It couldn't be true. They were nothing alike, there wasn't any hint of it being even remotely true. The story about the fearsome princesses sparing the foal of a Great Evil was too fantastic to be real.

Why would anypony play such a cruel joke on him?
Why would anypony try to make him think he was a direct descendant of King Sombra..?

Fifty Shades of Blue

Getting a bit mature here, but hear me out...

Blueblood has a powerplay fetish. The thing is though, he likes being the one dominated. In his daily life he's got wealth, connections and influence, charm, and is only answerable to the Princesses themselves or a large angry mob. The idea of being told what to do, that he's done something wrong... that he'll be punished for misbehaving... why, just the thought of it sends a tingle through his horn.

Normally he's very discreet about it, but after last year's Gala (six hours of small talk, the exact same same song played the entire night, and a total lack of champagne due to a shipping error) he felt that the risk of exposure would be worth even the slightest possibility of making the Gala tolerable. He made arrangements with a certain club he frequents to have a "date" for the evening... a mare of high standards, who would fit in at an event like the Gala, but also keep him in line. Due to his history with the club, he trusted them completely to make the choice and arranged to be surprised by who they picked over by the rose bushes once he arrived.

Keeping the rose, taking the last cushion, all of it was Blueblood trying to flirt with Rarity. He kept expecting her to put her hoof down and... well, not do something there in the middle of the Gala, but at least murmur threats and promises for later in the evening.

The morning after, when he got in touch with the club to find out what happened (She started off slow, and I know we were in public, but the way she tore into me at the end... by my sweet Aunt's fanny, I'd love to have a session with her again! How soon can I get on her calendar?) left him unspeakably mortified to find out that she was a total stranger.

(yeah, there's already about 15 other stories with variations on the title, but none of them are about Blueblood. it was too good to pass up)

That, too, is a good explanation of his behavior that night. Not quite kid-friendly, but certainly viable!
Maybe the reason Rarity didn't mind him being nearby in Sweet and Elite is that he managed to explain the misunderstanding (in terms that wouldn't draw too much attention, naturally) and patch things up? She might have even shouted at him again later that evening, as she apparently gets back to the room a little after dark, looking a little disheveled. (though not spattered with cake!)

Eyeswirl is right, it's a fairly good explanation. Not only for that, but also for the fact that Blueblood didn't have any bad press about him, or at least not enough for Rarity to be concerned. If he usually keeps this behaviour private, she couldn't have known something like this would happen.

It also explains why they couldn't work out in the end. Rarity's usual demeanour is that of a graceful, demure, 'traditional' lady. Doesn't change the fact that she can punch most stallions' faces in...

It's always been about politics, anyway

Blueblood actually is a decent pony. Charming, patient, loyal to the crown, dedicated to the good of the ponies above his own personal desires... so when Celestia informs him that Rarity must be given no reason to stay in Canterlot, and in fact given every reason to hasten back to Ponyville... how could he say no? This was the crown. This was his aunty. To keep the Elements of Harmony together, to keep Equestria safe... he would sacrifice his life. Why not his heart?

This assumes a subtle and Machiavellian Celestia, who is working to keep the mane 6 in one place.

Maybe Rainbow Dash would've gotten on the Wonderbolts ages ago, except Celestia keeps denying the applications.
Maybe Fluttershy is granted a generous stipend to support her work with animals, to keep her from having to look for a real job.
Maybe they're all kept in Ponyville, specifically, because it's small enough and close enough that Celestia can keep track of who comes to town and can manage or block anyone trying to negatively influence the Elements.

After all, who needs to be discorded if they all just drifted apart and got on with their lives?

If nothing else, this gives Blueblood a better reason for purposefully acting like a boob to drive Rarity off than "that's how he deals with gold-diggers." I've never understood that... why can't he just tell them "No thanks"?

I get the feeling something like Manipulestia keeping them all together might actually be canon on some level, as the only one she didn't have Twilight visit was Pinkie Pie. (though it's possible she'd heard about the filly that threw parties for pretty much everyone that visited the town, and would thus make the acquaintance herself)
Rainbow's bit would explain so much.

The only story in which I've seen the anti-golddigger explanation used said that he'd tried just asking them to leave him alone quite a few times, only for them not to take it at face value, thinking he was playing hard to get or something. It seems like he could have started each new encounter with "Sorry, not interested" and going Badblood if that didn't work, but maybe outright saying it and then being a boor pokes a hole in the act or something.
I'm a fan of the Under Orders explanations, myself, so long as it doesn't completely throw Celestia under a bus for the exact reason. :derpytongue2:

Elaborating on an idea from the relationship thread, keeping it TEEN, we have...

Blueblood's Big Adventure

It all started when he saw that gem, that lustrous topaz under such lock and key, on chain of silver. Oh, so what if the shopkeeper didn't want to sell it at first? He paid triple for it! ... Nothing was too good for his beloved! NOTHING!

... Then after she put it on, things go... scary. He.... he honestly didn't notice it, not at first, but as the days went on... it slowly sunk in. Gilda was getting bigger, and by the seventh day, towering as tall as his Aunt... and somehow, he just knew... she was going to get bigger, she knew this too and was enjoying it. But he couldn't take back that gift, it wasn't fair to her! Oh, bother and befuddle what to do?!

Something a bit silly, now...

Princes make Princesses

Normally, becoming an alicorn is an incredibly rare thing, only possible through adventures that tax a pony's mettle and cutie mark to the limit. However, there is... another way...

Marry a prince.

That's it. It's just that easy.

Normally though, this isn't an option since there hasn't been a legitimate claim to the royal bloodline in centuries, and with the princesses right there, who would have the arrogance, the unbridled ambition to name their kid "Prince"?

... Blueblood's parents, that's who.

The moment Celestia heard that some family had named, not nicknamed, not pet-named, but named their colt Prince, she swept in and "adopted" him. She began molding him immediately -- she couldn't bring herself to deny him the possibility of love and happiness, but she couldn't let him marry just anyone, right? Some random mare off the street, suddenly thrust into alicorn-hood and a position of international power? Madness.

For all his charm and natural good looks, he had to have exacting standards... with his hoof being the gateway to godhood, nothing less than perfection would do!

So, now what?
With a set up like that, there's only one thing to do... get him married!

Comedy, from the morning after the wedding when the newlyweds discover the change!
or
Maybe a series of shorts, exploring different combinations of spouses!
or
After the silliness of the intro, start taking it seriously and explore the ramifications of what was supposed to be an elopement and a life of blissful obscurity turning into a huge political morass, and the horror that only one of them will be growing old together.

3891665 My idea can't be silly?

This is obvious silliness, but why can't a super-sized Gilda going on a power-trip while her demure coltfriend is trying to reign her in be funny?

Ack! I didn't mean to seem disparaging to your idea, I just meant in regards to my own ideas. I mean, the last couple were fetish-Blueblood and total control-Celestia... kind of heavy stuff, you know?

That being cleared up (I hope), it would be pretty funny for your idea if there was a parody of Mothra where Gilda was rampaging and the only thing that calmed her down was a very embarrassed Blueblood singing to her.

3892637 could be fun, and fit with the musical motif of the series. XD. Any further ideas into it?

Just Can't Catch a Break

So, in the mirror-verse from the IDW comics, King Sombra is good, Celestia went crazy, and the mane 6 are wanted criminals... so what's that mean for our favorite Prince?

If we stick with the popular sentiment that Blueblood really is a pompous ass with a good reputation, I figure it means that in the other world, he's a really nice pony who keeps getting caught in situations he can't explain.

Nobly pushing someone out of the way of a flying cake!
... only for a random parasprite to buzz by and swallow it before anyone sees it.
Helping fix the wheel on a carriage that's broken down!
... and is the get-away vehicle for some bank robbers.
Launching a campaign in support of Prop 37, which would raise wages for teachers!
... only to get it confused with Prop 73, which would shut down a bunch of orphanages and animal shelters.

He's really nice and he tries so hard... but he just can't catch a break. :raritydespair:

The Royal Unicorn's Obsession

Twilight Sparkle was always so busy with her studies... and Spike still needed a playmate... Hm, her little nephew could use some socializing.

So mote it be, Celestia decided to have little Blueblood become playmate to the newly-hatched dragon, and from him there was much rejoicing. Blueblood just... grew up adoring and caring for Spike. So when he had to go with Twilight to Ponyville, Blueblood knew he had to form a plan, to see his best friend again...

He didn't want to feel alone again.

I dunno, that sounds a lot like the "Blueblood Kidnaps Spike" idea from the first page. It needs a hook, a twist, something to take it in a different direction.

3900262 It is, pretty much. I figured he would move to Ponyville, rather than kidnap, and the comical issue pops up from all the paperwork neglected in his absence, as well as Blue and Spike bonding without any actual romance.

... I wonder if Spike in this would view Blueblood as a 'possession' like he did with Rarity in Greed mode?

A sort of "Bromance for the Ages", with a "Blueblood, Red Tape" subplot?

But why would... aha! The backlog of work could stem from a single misplaced change-of-address card.

Let me know what you think of this scenario:

Blueblood moves to Ponyville, and fully intends to work from there. However, none of his work gets forwarded to him because the CoA gets lost or something.

He tries to reconnect with Spike, but it's been a few years and they're not the young kids they used to be. Their tastes have changed, they have different friends, there's the whole Rarity issue... (I imagine a few scenes like "Look what I got you!" / "Uh, thanks..?" / "You used to love these." / "Yeah, when I was four.")

Meanwhile, at the end of each chapter, there's a short scene showing how the Canterlot bureaucracy is increasingly breaking down without Blueblood's guidance. (maybe in the normal story have a line or two about how much free time Blueblood has to hang out with Spike, and how odd that is -- "Shouldn't you be working, Blueblood?" / "Normally, yes, but ever since moving to Ponyville, I seem to finish my work much faster. Must be that healthy country air.")

Eventually, there's the moment when Blueblood and Spike worry that they're just too different these days and have nothing in common... which is when the Red Tape Beast is revealed. Everyone's panicking, Twilight is useless (she wants to read the entire legal code before signing anything), the Parliament is just a mob of shouting...

Blueblood straightens his tie, looks to Spike and says with a grin, "If you don't mind, I think I could use an assistant."

What follows would be an epic scene of efficiency and coordination, with Blueblood stamping, signing and vetoing, Spike collating reports and getting memos delivered and keeping Blueblood swimming in ink. Everything's running smoothly by lunchtime, and the two office warriors share a hoof/fist-bump.

Blueblood may like polo and Spike likes hoofball, but they found common ground on a professional level.

... and then in the epilogue, they can hit a bar and gossip about Twilight and Celestia. :pinkiehappy:

3900351 Lol. Nice. I still want to see Blueblood giving affectionate bro-nuzzles to Greedy!Spike, like... while Rarity is panicked and peeves, Blueblood is just quietly content.

Thus prompting a jealous giga-Gilda to tackle Spike.

Admit it, you just want to a giant Spike fight a giant Gilda while Blueblood swoons in the background. :rainbowkiss:

3900450 ... Yes.

King Spike-orah vs Gild-jira. ... But I wouldn't know how to even type it.

3900450 Would YOU know how to type it? XD

3900450 Hello?

----

It was with a mighty screech that with a flash of golden light and a blur of brown... an absolutely titanic griffin was upon the towering violet dragon, claws around his neck.

*shrugs* Got caught up in prep for the holidays, trying to help edit someone else's fic, reviewing a reading someone wanted to do of my own fic and just enjoying some offline reading. I've just been swamped.

3903881 Ah. Understandable.

This is mostly just a spin-off of Snow123's giga-Gilda ideas, but it might be good for some silly scenes.

Blueblood is Tiny

Blueblood either gets hit with some poison joke, or ticks off a Discord or some other powerful spell caster, or is just caught in the blast radius of a shrinking spell... at any rate, he's about the size of Applejack from Bridle Gossip (y'know, Appletini!)

Still a snob, still imperious... just very, very small.

Blueblood sat on his desk and stared at the paper before him. He was so focused on his work that he hadn't even looked up when the guard cracked the door open to check on him.

Closing the door as quietly as possible, the guard turned to the visitor. "I'm sorry, your Highness, but he's still engaged in his work, and left instructions that he's not to be disturbed. If you'd like to leave a note for him, though..?"

"Nonsense! He's my cousin, and I'm going to be here for him in his time of difficulty. I'm going to comfort him, whether he likes it or not." Princess Cadance swept past the guard, an unstoppable force of familial devotion. The guard looked helplessly from the alicorn to her husband, who just shook his head and told him to stand down.

Cadance threw open the door and cried, "I heard the news, cousin and rushed over at once! Rest assured, we'll have the whole Crystal Empire looking for a cure... after a few pictures, of course." With a mischievous grin, she pulled a camera out of saddlebag.

Blueblood didn't move, still completely focused on the paper in front of him.

Cadance pouted. "You could at least say hi, you know..."

Blueblood said nothing.

"Oh, don't be like that, Blue. I know this is hard for you, but I meant what I said. Anything I can do for you, I will... I won't even take pictures, if it upsets you so much."

Blueblood didn't even look at her.

"Come on, we're family! Please, say-- hang on." Cadance stepped closer and peered at the pony on the desk. After a moment, she gave it a nudge and tipped it over. "... this is a doll."

Meanwhile, down in the wine cellar, Blueblood laughed and hiccuped, not bothering to worry about how he was going to get out of the bottle. One thing at a time, and the bottle was still half full...

3966332 LOL!!

Extra points for Gilda-shenanigans, if the shrink spell/spin-off idea.

Blueblood was in the middle of thanking Rarity for accompanying him to the garden party (and allowing him the chance to redeem himself) when it happened again. Out of nowhere, a confection bigger than his whole body came flying through the air and was hurtling right towards him. Acting purely on adrenaline and reflex, Blueblood yelped and managed to drag Rarity in front of him to intercept the sugary missile.

Rarity felt her hoof tugged to one side and heard a quiet splut. Looking down, she saw that a cupcake had fallen off a tray and right onto her new shoe.

A blushing Blueblood peered out from under her raised hoof and squeaked out a sheepish, "Sorry?"

3969730 And then Gilda snatched her mini-stallion toy away, because Gilda is rude.

Running gag: Blueblood leaves toy-decoys everywhere.

Additional running gag: Gilda keeps snatching them, trying to get her claws on him.

Bonus gag: he got them all from Gilda's collection.

One-off gag: she grabs him, but it looks like it's another doll. She grumbles, makes sure no one is watching and gives it a quick nuzzle and says something about wishing she could catch up to the little dweeb. Once she puts it down though, it turns out it really was Blueblood and he sneaks off, blushing.

3970150 YEEEEEEEEESH!!!!

And later, he's sleeping on -to him- Mt. Gilda.

The Prince

"You sir, are the most uncharming prince I have ever met!"

That was what she'd shouted at him. What had he done wrong? He'd only acted in accordance with how he'd been raised, the same as anypony else. Was he supposed to be different? That strange, cake-coated mare had made the point that the only thing 'royal' about him was that he was a 'royal pain'. Was it his title? Was he not a proper prince?

Well, this had to be rectified post-haste! Luckily, there was a book in the castle library perfectly suited to his needs; The Prince.

It proves to be an interesting tome, who wrote it? Marechiavelli? Eh, well, probably not important. With this, he would act exactly as one of his station should!

---

What follows is BB following the ancient guidelines to the letter, turning him into the most cunning, most ruthless, most fox-and-lion-like prince in centuries, eventually getting a point that worries even Celestia a little. Meanwhile, there is at least one pony who's seen the newest royal reading material before and finds herself just as involved with Equestrian politics; Princess Twilight.

From there, I'm not sure if it would be a web-of-intrigue type thing as she tries to stop whatever he's planning without becoming just as underhanded and manipulative as he is, romantic comedy as she welcomes the presence of another intelligent (if questionably sane, having done all this because one pony yelled at him) royal and they work on managing the country together while the other princesses sit back eating popcorn, or anywhere else. Hence this post. :pinkiesmile:

Well well well... that does look interesting. I wonder if Celestia is going to use the 'Celestia-Effect'* to smooth his introduction over.

*Said effect meaning ponies following along with what Celestia says like hypnotised lemmings

Comment posted by Kindabrony deleted Jan 31st, 2015
  • Viewing 251 - 300 of 390