Looking for Editors 5,417 members · 3,383 stories
Comments ( 2 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 2

Yo, Fan Without a Face here. I'm an experienced editor whose been helping edit stories on this site for several years now and have worked on all manner of stories. As it stands I've worked on I believe around 50 to 100 different stories all ranging in length, with some being well over 200,000 words.

Generally, how I edit is the requesting party adds the chapter to a Google Docx file with editing access, to which I will make Editing Suggestions for them to look over and approve or reject. I find it's important that the client see what exactly I'm changing and decide for themselves if they agree with the changes.

Typically, my edits vary from simply correcting spelling errors, grammar errors, punctuation, to more detailed work like polishing up dialogue, editing scenes or actually adding content to make the story more cohesive. I've had to add entire pages to stories in the past, but again I make sure to leave the decision to include said edits to the writer as it is ultimately their story.

I have a list of the many stories I've worked on over the years on my Fimfiction Profile page which you can check out for proof of my qualifications. Recently I just finished working on two separate over 100,000 word stories, one of which was The Boy and the Bug by Mr B (The Boy and the Bug - Fimfiction) and the other is a story that still hasn't been published yet, so I won't spoil it. Regardless I've worked on stories of varying lengths of simple one shots that go over maybe 1000 words, to full blown novel length stories over 100K words or 200 + pages. As such length is not an issue when it comes to what I'm willing to edit.

Also my profile includes my editing prices, which is important as I charge for edits as often editing is a long and time-consuming process, often taking several hours since I try to give each customer my best editing work. I typically accept payment through Paypal, which I will let you know my paypal address once payment is issued.

Obviously some are hesitant with the charging thing, but I do try to accommodate a person's budget if needed. I am happy to negotiate within my PMs. Please let me know if there are any questions you have.

Look forward to hearing back from you.

Comment posted by discordjediknight deleted April 7th
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 2