DbzOrDie
Group Admin

I'm Dutch :rainbowkiss:
(or well, Belgian, but we speak Dutch)
(Apart from those damn French people)
(And German)

Yeah?
I used to live in belgium too...

I haven't leave México... ever. maybe someday!

SHL

Wiat, are we gonna have two different TwilightUCrazy Foals' Universe??? :pinkiegasp:

DbzOrDie
Group Admin

So, seether has just written a short AppleDash story, with the question if it could be added to the AppleDash collab fic. Although it doesn't follow the normal rules, I have no problem adding a story that's not based on a word.

What are your thoughts?

Tchernobog
Group Admin

A link would be nice!

DbzOrDie
Group Admin

The quality shouldn't have a say in whether we bend the rules or not. :ajsmug:

It's as short as a prompt, just not based on a single word

Tchernobog
Group Admin

I'd still like to see it before being able to tell. "HEY STORY!" doesn't sell me on anything at all. Heck, even just posted a link on the forums would be nice.:ajbemused:

Tchernobog
Group Admin

Looks fine to me. Wasn't there a rule of being able to choose a new prompt word if the previous one hadn't been picked in a long time?

DbzOrDie
Group Admin

I thought the original prompt giver had to pick a different word if it didn't get taken for a long time.

Tchernobog
Group Admin

3203653 Ah, that was it. Though at this point we could probably bend the rule a little bit more to get things started again, no? :pinkiehappy:

Posted
Group Contributor

In honor of :ajbemused:, whenever a prompt isn't fulfilled, it should default to 'Apples'.

:ajbemused:

Tchernobog
Group Admin

I am 100% behind this idea.

DbzOrDie
Group Admin

So, as what are we gonna upload it? Side story? Little thing to pass time?

Well if nobody wants Central, try Discovery instead.

Lazy schleps! I'm pullin' all the weight in this endeavor! :raritycry:

bahatumay
Group Contributor

In my defense, it's finals week for me.

Discovery

Rainbow had found her courage years ago at the Ponyville Social. Extending her hoof to Applejack, she had looked to the ceiling and asked as casually as she could, “So, you wanna dance?”

Applejack’s hoof met hers and the world drifted away. Twirling and spinning in the light of firefly lanterns, they danced with energy and vigor only two young ponies drunk on one another could. By the end of the dance, Rainbow found her eyes locked with Applejack’s and she realized just how much she loved those beautiful, honest, green eyes.

The days slipped by, dull days, exciting days, and one particularly anxious day. Stammering and shuffling on her hooves, Rainbow presented a silver-felted box to Applejack, the contents of which had cost her the entirety of her first Wonderbolt’s paycheck. The memory was clear as day, and her chest thumped just thinking about it. They rolled together into the fresh spring grass and Rainbow found herself lost again in the eyes she had come to love so much.

Then came the tense days. Rainbow sat next to Applejack, her hooves gripped tightly around Applejack’s. Their silver hoof-bands clinking against one another with each issued gasp of pain. The blonde hair plastered across Applejack’s forehead matted by a layer of perspiration made Rainbow’s heart ache. But, the pain couldn’t hide the joy she could see in Applejack’s eyes, and when the pain finally passed Rainbow’s heart found room for another in her life. Together, they shared their love.

Each passing day brought a new surprise, a new experience, and something new to learn. Rainbow lived a life filled with trials, tribulations, and triumphs. The door squeaked behind her, and she didn’t even need to turn her head to see who it was. Wordlessly, she extended her wing and Applejack cuddled up to her side under the warm downy expanse.

Perhaps her muscles ached a little from all the years which had passed. And just maybe, Applejack wasn’t nearly as spry and energetic as she was those days after their first dance. But, when Rainbow gazed into Applejack’s eyes, she could see the same tender, honest, eyes gazing back at her. Sighing wistfully, she drew Applejack closer with her wing.

“You know, I just realized something...” Rainbow began slowly, her eyes drifting down to the pony cuddled up to her side.

“What’s that sugarcube?” Applejack responded, her eyes drifting upward until they met with Rainbow’s.

“Fall in love with their eyes, they’ll never change.”

They drew together for a gentle kiss, knowing their love would never change.
--
Prompt: Apples Forever

Considering taking this prompt.

DbzOrDie
Group Admin

Do it filly

Prompt: Forever

I will love you forever, and even further beyond
You're the sun in my day and the heart of my song

You're a cool summer breeze, and a mid-winter's sleep
Hooves cradling my heart, my affections you keep

You've brought me great warmth, when times feel so cold
You've given me adventure, with your strides great and bold

When you soar up above, and I look to the sky
I feel my chest swell, and my soul longs to fly

And however it is that you came into my life
I'm grateful to you for taking me as your wife

Oh yes, we may bicker, and yes we may fight
But we're each other's everything, come day or come night

You're my greatest of joys, so very precious to me
You gave me smiles again, and my spirit you made free

I'll love you forever, and way beyond that
You're the wind under my wings and something something fat?

Yeah, sorry AJ. I'm no good at the poem thing. But I love you more than anything! And nothing will ever change that!

-Your awesome wife, RD

Applejack smiled, and looked up from her wedding vows, and the little slip of paper Rainbow had haphazardly taped to the plastic sleeve over them with her little addition. Sometimes, that pegasus could be a real pain, and even an idiot... but beneath it all, she was sweeter than the sweetest of apples.

Her eyes traveled over her withers to her wife resting across the top of her in that ten gallon hat of hers. (She always had to try and one-up her somehow.) With a kiss to her cheek, she closed the album, and lay with her beneath their favorite tree for a nap.

Next prompt: Freedom

So, um how do ya'll do things around here?

At the bottom of each post is a bolded word. You have to come up with a post (preferably under 1k words) that has to do with that word, and it has to be related to AppleDash in some way.

3310306 Sorry, I meant do ya'll just do them one at a time? or are multiple prompts live at once? I need to work on being specific

3310503 Cool, I'll keep an eye out for any that strike my fancy then

Tchernobog
Group Admin

Just one at the time, yes. You have to work with the keyword/prompt word suggested in the previous post. Once you've written that 500-1k word entry, you can put your own prompt suggestion too. :pinkiehappy:

Tchernobog
Group Admin

Freedom still stands as the prompt, y'know...

Tchernobog
Group Admin

I have no ideas for it! Also kinda writing something else too. :ajsmug:

You could do some sort of dash-is-held-captive-and-aj-has-to-save-her thing in 500 words

Tchernobog
Group Admin

3311615 All I can picture is Dash as William Wallace. :rainbowhuh:

3311641 I didn't know I needed this in my life until just now

DbzOrDie
Group Admin

I was thinking the exact same thing :p

Draw a comparison between how flying nowhere is Dash's prison, and being on the ground with Applejack is freedom.

There. Now write it.

3311641 Call me ignorant but, who is william wallece?:rainbowhuh:

3315251 William Wallace. Mel Gibson played an extremely fictional version of him in Braveheart

3317987 Anytime, just remember History is your friend.

bahatumay
Group Contributor

Freedom

Applejack stood at the edge of the field. The grasses blew in the slight breeze, and she pawed at the ground. She reached up and removed her hat, setting it gently on the ground. Then she shook her head, loosening her mane tie and letting it drop to the ground.
Then she ran.
She ran quickly across the field. She closed her eyes, enjoying the rush of wind through her mane and the feel of the thunderous pounding of her hooves against the hard ground. She felt free.
“Living life in the slow lane, eh?”
Applejack skidded to a stop, and her mane rolled over her face. She lifted a hoof and pushed the golden strands out of her face, and found herself eye to eye with Rainbow Dash, who was hovering in the air.
“Ah beg your pardon?”
“Well, I couldn't help but notice that you were running.”
“Ah like running,” Applejack defended herself. “It feels good, like freedom.” She paused as she realized that Rainbow's first sentence and second sentence didn't seem to mesh.
“Well, yeah; but you're only on the ground,” Rainbow said. “True freedom comes in three dimensions.”
“Rainbow?”
“Yeah?”
“Life is in three dimensions, Rainbow.”
“It is?” Rainbow paused to think about this. “Then true freedom is in four dimensions!”
“Ah'm pretty sure that doesn't mean what you think it means,” Applejack said with a barely-suppressed smile.
Rainbow threw her hooves up in defeat. “What I mean is, true freedom isn't here on the ground; it's up here in the air. Give me life, wings, and wind, and I'm happy.”
“'Ceptin' for when you get hungry,” Applejack deadpanned.
“Give me life, wings, apples, and wind, and I'm happy,” Rainbow grumbled as she corrected herself. “Look, what I mean to say is, I'm a free mare, up in the air, and there's no holding me down.”
Rainbow missed the smirk that crossed Applejack's face.
She didn't miss it when Applejack grabbed her tail and slammed her to the ground. Before Rainbow could recover, Applejack planted her hooves on her splayed wings.
“Oh, Ah dunno,” Applejack whispered. “You seem to be quite ok with being held down sometimes.”
“I have no idea what you're talking about,” Rainbow said staunchly.
Applejack leaned down and extended her tongue. Rainbow tried to suppress the shivers as various little spots on her stomach cycled from warm and wet to cool as Applejack licked her. “Oh, Ah think you do.”
Rainbow crossed her forelegs defiantly. “Nope. There's no way I -nyeh!-” Rainbow involuntarily arced her back as Applejack bit her.
Applejack released her hold. “Sounds like a yes to me,” she said coyly.
“It's… it's still a no,” Rainbow panted.
“So Ah shouldn't go get my rope?”
Silence reigned briefly in the field.
“Nah,” Rainbow muttered quietly as she spread her forelegs to allow Applejack easier access to her body. Sweet defeat; was that even a thing? “You can go get the rope if you want.”

New prompt: flower

Tchernobog
Group Admin

Oh my, how saucy! :rainbowkiss: :ajsmug:
And, shockingly, it looks like flower has not been used...:rainbowderp:

Prompt: Flower

The field of dandelions was a real treat of a find as Applejack snuggled her nose down into the rich, yellow-carpeted ground, taking in their faint but pleasant scent. She had been walking for hours in the same southerly direction, and had begun growing concerned over the lack of changing scenery. Rolling hills and limitless green fields as far as the eye could see. The occasional clovers were a nice little treat but were sparse amongst the taller grasses of the valley.

She knelt low and sampled a few a bit more greedily than she had wanted, swallowing them back to calm the irritated rumble in her gut.

A shadow flashed across the noon sun and drew her attention towards the sky. With a mouthful of flowers, she shielded her green eyes with with hoof and swept the wild blue yonder for any sign of the quick critter that had blotted out her view, before turning back to her lunch.

"Geronimo!" cracked a wild, carefree voice.

Applejack didn't have time to look up before Rainbow Dash cannonballed into her, sending the two tumbling end-over-end-over-end and rolling to a dizzy stop a couple dozen breathless yards away.

Grumbling uncomfortably, the farmpony opened her eyes and got an eyeful of brown Stetson laying in the grass just before her, and her back felt the weight of a full-grown mare sprawled across her back as though the orange pony were Rarity's substitute fainting couch.

"Ptooie!" she heard out of her right ear as the pegasus spat out a clump of turf. "Hey, what's the deal AJ? I thought you said you were gonna wait for me!"

She grunted uncomfortably, slowly standing and letting Rainbow Dash "oof" to the ground. She reclaimed her hat and set it back on her head before shaking herself free of loose grass flakes and flower petals from her hide. Using her tail to dust the more stubborn particles off herself, Applejack turned stare hard at her friend.

"And Ah reckon Ah heard you say to go ahead without 'cha."

Rainbow folded her wings and returned the expression, pressing her muzzle firmly to hers. "And I remember you saying, 'I'd rather wait and leave with you'!" she countered.

"And you went and said you'd be awhile at Pinkie's place!"

"And you said you had a few chores you could do!"

"And you said-"

Applejack paused mid-sentence as she slowly felt the smile tugging at the edge of her lips. She could see an identical twinkle in Rainbow Dash's eyes as the two paused in their back and forth, neither able to keep up their frustrated front.

The kiss came suddenly; a sharp, quick peck on the lips initiated by Rainbow Dash. It was quickly followed up by her charming, toothy smile, and an enthusiastic swish of her tail.

Applejack felt her cheeks begin to sizzle to freckle-boiling point, and she quickly yanked her hat down over her face to try and hide her blush. "Q-quit doin' that!" she protested, biting her lower lip.

She couldn't help her embarrassment. She loved when Rainbow surprised her like that.

"Do what?" the pegasus asked. She paused. "Oh! You mean this?"

Another sneaky kiss left the farmpony delirious and dizzy, and she stumbled backward, ineffectively feigning frustration as she shook her head and squealed in delighted anger. "Would you- UGH!" she growled, trotting over to the dandelion bed once again and scooping up another great big mouthful. "Wemme 'wone. Why'm whyin' wa eet."

"Sorry. Couldn't hear ya over the sound of you piggin' out!" Rainbow chirped, hovering over to stand next to her.

She pretended to ignore her by turning her head away and taking another large bite of dandelions. In her distraction, she came dangerously close to chomping down on an innocent, fat bumblebee.

"Aww, c'mon sugarflanks," the pegasus said playfully, rubbing cutie marks with her on one side and feathermarking her with her wing on the other. "Don't be mad!" she whined. "I picked you something!"

Rainbow held up a dandelion.

Applejack stared at her blankly and forced the half-chewed floral salad down her throat. "You just picked that, didn't 'cha?"

"NO!" A pause. "Yes... but the big batch of clovers I bought back in Ponyville fell apart by the time I got here! It's not good carrying plants at near-sonic speeds!" she pouted, letting her ears hang limp. By Celestia she was adorable when she did that...

She chuckled and nuzzled her muzzle up underneath the other mare's chin, inciting a happy squeak from the feathered fuzzhead. "Yer lucky Ah'm in a good mood..." she muttered, reaching up with her blonde tail and wrapping it in a coil around Rainbow Dash's multihued appendage.

"So... umm... why aren't you eating apple crap?" she asked playfully, leaning down and taking a rude chomp out of the field. "Why fough fou faid fou wer fonna fack food." Gulp.

"Ah packed food!" the earth pony snapped back, turning her nose up. "Ah ain't as simpleminded as you!"

"Hey! I'm not simpleminded!" the pegasus pouted. "I just... let it get lost in the awesome is all..."

She smirked. "Happens way more'n it should if'n ya ask me."

Rainbow pulled another chunk of dandelions up out of the ground. "Fou... how wong do ya fink we-"

"Swallow first, sugarcube."

Her friend blinked, looked down at her mouthful of flower, and without chewing, gulped the entire bouquet down her gullet. "How much farther do you think we have to go?"

Applejack reached up and scratched her mane. "Well, Princess Celestia said to just keep headin' south," she muttered, reaching over to her saddlebags and pulling out a papyrus map. "Ah reckon we've hiked 'bout sixty miles since this mornin'."

"Just sixty miles?!" Rainbow whined in distress, flopping foalishly onto her back and waggling around in the grass. "But it's time for my midday nap! I'm gonna feel like crap all day!"

She chuckled at the pegasus's overdramatic tantrum. "'At's why they call it an 'adventure', sugarcube. They ain't supposed to be easy!" She reached down a plucked one more mouthful of dandelions out of the ground and slipped them into her bags before turning back to Rainbow Dash with a playful flick of her tail. "Now, if'n ya can keep up with me Ah figure this here map says we've got a couple miles before we come 'cross a lake. We can have a dip and a drink and it'll make ya feel tons better!"

Her friend pulled herself back up level-eyed with her and heaved a sigh, leaning against her heavily, and slowly working her way to mount her from behind.

Applejack grinned slyly.

"Think you can you carry meeeeee?" the pegasus asked, emphasizing a yawn.

"Ah dunno, darlin'. Think ya could take me feedin' ya to a chupacabra?"

"A chupacabra?" Rainbow chuckled. She paused. "Uhh... what's a chupacabra?"

The farmpony hid her smirk as she reached to shovel another hoofful of the dandelions into her saddlebags to pad their food supply. "Biiiiiig mean 'ol sharp-teethed critter." She leaned in to whisper ominously, causing her friend's eyes to widen slightly. "Comes on down from the mountains at night to eat the wings offa lazy pegasuses!"

"YEOWCH!" Rainbow shrilly yelped, as she leapt several yards into the air. She cleared her throat quickly and looked around. "I-I mean, big deal! No chupathingie could ever run me down!"

Applejack scooped one more load of dandelions. "Oooooh, they're mighty quick, sugar. Could snatch ya right outta the sky. Better shape up if'n ya don't want one to come and getcha."

"W-well, it's not like I'm lazy anyway!" she huffed with a breaking voice. "I-In fact, I'm feelin' pretty good about that lunch! W-why don't I carry your saddlebags for you?"

Applejack quirked her brow as the pegasus snatched the bags right off her back and trotted onward.

"Well, shoot. If Ah'da known it was that easy, Ah woulda told 'er the boogiepony hunts marefriends who don't help with the apple harvest..."

Next Prompt: Sass

Is thread dead or what?

Tell you what guys, I might just make the Prompt Tag thing my own personal thread. Wake up and smell the chloroform, folks! :ajsleepy:

what would you do with sass?

Not my problem! Unless y'all make it my problem. :rainbowkiss:

Tchernobog
Group Admin

Do eeet!

I think most of the other active writers are either being hit by stuff outside the internet, or are writing other fics and would rather work on that. So if you still have material for this, go right ahead! :rainbowkiss:

LunaTheFox
Group Admin

Yup, I'll be getting back to these in a few months after I've moved. Living here's sucked out all my creativity, so I'm hoping a move will let me reclaim it. That's pretty much the only reason I haven't posted in here in a while.

bahatumay
Group Contributor

Is thread dead? Hope not. I just haven't had anything good for anything yet.

Oh hi.

• Viewing 1,151 - 1,200 of 1,318