AppleDash 3,011 members · 1,061 stories
Comments ( 1318 )
  • Viewing 1,101 - 1,150 of 1,318
Tchernobog
Group Admin

I keep telling him that! :raritydespair:

SHL

Uh, so many feeling there.

Ok, this is enough. You! Start writing your personal AppleDash AU now! :flutterrage:

DbzOrDie
Group Admin

Why AU though? Them having kids could very well fit in the future :pinkiehappy:

Well someone/a group of people need to be my prompters! I write best with prompts! :raritydespair:

2911410 I'll give you prompts and be your cheerleader and support this adorable verse. :scootangel:

SHL

Naaaaa, try it with a hole story :pinkiehappy: I think that you can.

You know what I mean XD

Alright, alright. I'll do it.

Gotta round up the series as it stands so far, though...

Tchernobog
Group Admin

2930850 What, wanting you to make your own fic? Yes, me! :P
(I might have an idea for dark, but not yet.. need sleep. Exhausting day.)

I meant the prompt, but yeah... :derpytongue2:

BronyNeumo
Group Contributor

Ok, so that last one must not have gone over so well. So much for experimentation; let's try something more lighthearted!

"Dark:"

The sky was darkening and the gentle pitter-patter of rain to forewarn the building storm had only just begun to strike the ground as Rainbow Dash and Applejack raced their way across the orchard. The heavens above finally broke open, drenching the surrounding countryside with life-giving nourishment just as the two ponies slammed the barn door behind them.

"Wooo-ee. That storm sure is a mighty strong one. Ya better give me more warnin' next time, Dash."

"Hey, not my fault you distracted me when I came to tell you. Hard to get two words in when all you want is smooches." Rainbow Dash playfully nipped at her marefirend's ear, and Applejack blushed, ducking away. "So, looks like we have a few hours to ourselves in here. Got any ideas?"

"I'm kinda tired, Sugarcube. Maybe we could do somethin' less active for a while?"

"Aww--" Rainbow Dash's ears began to droop, before immediately perking back up, as if an idea had suddenly struck her. "Hey, I've got an idea!" She quickly trotted across the barn, stopping beside something large and indistinct and covered in a faded brown cloth. Without further ceremony, she whisked the dustcover off the old grand piano and beamed at her marefriend. "I could take a whirl on this! I haven't been able to play in ages…"

Applejack smiled. "Sounds like a wonderful idea, Sugarcube."

Rainbow Dash sat herself down on the bench and tested a few keys. Liking what she heard, she settled in to play a song, but only got a few bars into it before Applejack stopped her.

"Hey, I know this one! Hold up a minute and let me grab mah fiddle."

"Ok, but just so you know, I'm gonna be changing up some of the words."

A few minutes later, with Applejack situated comfortably on a pile of hay and her well-worn fiddle cradled in her hooves, Rainbow began to play again. This time, the earth mare cut in with her own music, and the pegasus began to sing.

"Well it's late and it's dark in the summer, as a storm rolls over the farm,
But I'm here with my mare, so I shouldn't be scared, for I know it won't do me no harm.

"Now I might just say that I love her, though I'm sure that she already knows,
For she's strong and she's fine and her flank is divine, and her heart soaks up all my woes."

Applejack snickered, before jumping in and adding her own voice to the song just as Dash was about to begin the chorus.

"Sing me a song, you're the piano mare. Sing me a song tonight,
For ya might just be gettin' some lovin', if ya sing and ya woo me just right."

Rainbow just grinned. "Challenge accepted, Applebutt."

"Now, AJ, she wants me to woo her, though I'm not really sure if I can,
But I'll give it my best, I won't give it a rest, at least that's not part of the plan.

"'Cause she told me before that she's tired, and I think just a little bit sore,
But I swear by the moon, that I can make her swoon, just so I can get me some more."

"Oh la da di da, da di da da, la da di da, da di da,

"And the storm rages on, just outside, with a zap, and a crack, and a boom,
Still I'd rather be, nowhere but with she, cooped up in this cozy old room.

"I like to think she agrees with me, I can see it right now in her smile,
that she'd rather be, nowhere but with me, locked up in this barn for a while."

She looked up, and Applejack was indeed smiling, even as she prepared to take the chorus once more.

For ya might just be gettin' some lovin', if ya sing and ya woo me just right."

Rainbow Dash laughed, her hooves still dancing across the keys.

"Well I call her my lover, I call her my world, I even call her my best friend,
But if this were a list, I'd sure be remiss, if I were to call that the end.

"She's the best thing that I've ever known, and she's at the center of my life,
If I could call her anything, and if I had a ring, well I'd sure love to call her my wife!"

Rainbow Dash looked up, and saw Applejack had a heavy tinge of scarlet to her cheeks. The pegasus beamed, and her earth mare began to sing one last time.

For I'll be givin' ya some lovin', 'cause ya sang and ya wooed me alright."

~~~~~~~~~

That was a fun one! Can I get a "yay" for PianoDash?

Next Prompt: "Wine"

Will read during lunch hour, and claim if no one else has.

Could be a nice lead-up. I do need to make Sunny's sister's name canon at some point. :derpytongue2:

Tchernobog
Group Admin

One order of :yay: coming up!

PianoDash makes a return! And a proposal? Oh my! :rainbowderp:

Someone can still claim this one if they want it. I won't be able to finish anything until after I put the last touches on the next chapter of my fic, so it could be made to wait until later tonight.

For an AppleDash version of Piano Man, you get a whole barrel full of yays. :heart:
:yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay:

Prompt: Wine

Would have done this sooner, but the site was down all last evening. :raritydespair:

"Everypony all settled in fer the night?"

Rainbow grinned around the picnic basket in her teeth as she scaled the hill all the way to the top, where a scarlet blanket and a series of lit candles awaited her beneath the moonlight.

"All tucked in!

"Sunshine brushed 'er teeth?"

"Teeth brushed, bedtime story read, house locked up tight. Now it's just you 'n me, babe!"

Applejack smiled from her position on the blanket. Rarity had had to open up her old red dress quite a ways just so she could fit into it so late in term. Likely, it was ruined, but for date night, she had to wear something that complimented Rainbow's tux nicely. Her wife had gone through the trouble of prettying up and even combing that unmanageable mane of hers. She had to at least give it the same effort.

As Rainbow settled down onto the blanket, she reached in and clutched a bottle of wine in her teeth. Grasping it between her hooves, she gave it a few firm shakes and started to wedge her hoof in under the cork.

"Goin' straight fer the wine, huh?" AJ grinned. "Ya sure don't dally much do ya, sugarcube?"

"Eh, who has time to mess around any-"

A sharp loud pop filled the air, interrupting the pegasus with an outpouring of fizz from the mouth of the bottle and pouring onto the blanket.

"Whoa!" she yelped, and pointed it away from the delicate fabric.

Rainbow smirked mischievously.

"I swear to Celestia that never happens," she said with a wink.

Applejack rolled her eyes humorously and bit her lower lip.

"Not every night it don't..." she whispered.

"I heard that, Applerack!"

Applejack simpered at the cruel nickname and draped a hoof over her bulging stomach.

"Yeah, yeah, go 'head and yuck it up Lasermane. Ya can go 'head and make fun if ya want, but it ain't wise to tease the pony who determines whether or not ya get a happy endin' tonight..."

Rainbow's wings flared involuntarily.

"Forgive me m'lady. I know not what I do."

Her wife grinned.

"That's what Ah thought." She turned to regard the picnic basket. "So, didja finally manage to break the cookin' curse placed on ya, or did Granny give ya a hoof?"

"Hey, I can cook if I want to!"

Applejack's mouth curved upward at one side.

"Sugarcube, the last time ya tried to make a bowl of oatmeal, it caught fire..."

Rainbow rolled her eyes and poured a glass of wine for each of them, before taking a styrofoam container out of the basket. She noticed how Applejack's eyes bulged in surprise, then deflated in disappointment.

"Rainbow..."

"Look, I don't know what the deal is, okay! I tried following Granny's directions to the buckin' letter and nothing worked! You like the food from this restaurant anyway!"

The more her wife yelled, the more Applejack smiled.

As the pegasus's rant seemed ready to continue, she reached over and silenced her with her lips.

"As long as ya tried, darlin'," she said warmly, scratching the underside of her chin with her hoof.

Rainbow smiled and squeaked in delight, her colorful tail tenderizing the blanket underneath her.

"Yeah, well, I figured you wouldn't want a completely trashed cobbler anyway, so..." With a flick of her cyan hoof, Rainbow revealed a delectable salad, spiced with some of the Apple family's most expensive apple products and sold only to the finest confectionaries. Having a P-4 paygrade in the Wonderbolts certainly helped her afford some of the nicer things in life.

Applejack's brow raised.

"Hmmm... okay, color me impressed."

"And that's just dinner!"

Rainbow bolted around behind the tree, and reemerged with a stringed instrument. It didn't bother her that Applejack bit her lip and cackled softly.

"Oh you laugh now, but I swear, once you see my sweet moves across all the strings on this guitar, you're just gonna beg me to take you!"

Applejack sniffed her laugh back under control and smirked.

"Ah would... if'n that were a gee-tar."

Rainbow blinked.

"What are you talking about? Look at it! It's an awesome guitar! Picked it out myself at the music shop!"

Her wife had a difficult time keeping from laughing all over again.

"'Cept, it ain't a gee-tar."

Rainbow stared blankly at her. It was the kind of stare that told Applejack just how few clues her wife had. She leaned over and began to chuckle into her hoof.

"Okay, I'll bite..." she admitted, holding up the instrument. "If it's not a gee-ta-... GUITAR, what is it?"

"Can't be sure mahself – Ah'm no instrument expert. But from the look of the rounded back, Ah'd say it's a mandolin."

Rainbow blinked.

"The buck's a 'man-duh-lin'?"

"Ah reckon what yer holdin' right there."

Her wife glared down to the instrument of mistaken identity. She growled and chucked it over her shoulder, landing it in the grass somewhere out of the light of the candles.

"Ah didn't know ya were practicin' playin'," Applejack said over a warm smile.

"Yeah... well... I wanted to make this date romantic. I thought a little guitar solo might help put you in the mood..."

"And ya never thought it was kinda different from the other guitars ya were usin'?"

"I just thought it was something fancy from Germaney or something!" she huffed in frustration.

Applejack chuckled and sidled closer to her lover. She leaned in and nuzzled against Rainbow's neck, while a free hoof found itself gently massaging against her sensitive withers.

Her foul mood evaporated like a raindrop in a fire as small jolts of electricity fired from the tips of her wings up to the base of her brain.

"Don't you worry none, sugarcube," she felt whispered into her ear. "Ah figure ya done surprised me enough fer one night." Her mate's teeth nipped at her eartip.

"Y-yeah? Well... wait 'til you see what I bought for dessert!" she exclaimed.

It was tough. Every synapse in Rainbow's brain screamed to take the date to the next level. The last time she'd tried that kind of thing though, Applejack made quite clear her discontent. She had a hoof-shaped bruise on her cheek for a good week after.

She had to resist... had to seal the deal...

Applejack quirked an eyebrow and cast a sidelong glance towards the basket as her wife dug through the various goodies therein. She smiled and reached for her glass of wine, swirling the crimson beverage in soft circles.

"Well, sweetheart, Ah can safely say that..."

A pause followed.

"Safely say what?" Rainbow asked from her head in the basket. "That I've charmed you? Made you fall in love with me all over again?" She came back out of the basket with a wrapped glazed apple cake in her teeth. "Or that I'm just the most amazing-"

The cake hit the blanket.

"Applejack, what's wrong?"

Rainbow leaned against her wife's side to support her. Applejack had clutched her stomach and doubled over, a wince of pain written across her face.

Applejack smiled up to Rainbow through clenched teeth, her many dots of sweat on her brow reflecting the moon and candlelight.

"Just a cramp. Ain't nothin' to worry about," she reassured, massaging her hoof over her stomach. "See? All better."

"Cramp nothing..." Rainbow said, her magenta eyes widening to the size of dinner plates. "AJ, you're bleeding."

Applejack blinked and looked down at her dress. From the red cloth, it was difficult to tell at first, but realization hit quickly that she was drenched in her own blood.

Rainbow didn't miss a beat, and quickly wrapped her hooves around her mate's chest.

Applejack's face paled several shades, and a look of fear that her lover had never seen before took hold. "Rainbow... the baby..."

With a single motion, she landed on her wife's back, and wrapped herself around her.

"Just hang on. I'll have us at the hospital in a couple minutes."

For all of Applejack's fears of flying and heights, for all her nervousness of her own bravado, for all her reckless stunts from the past, none of it mattered in that moment. She braced herself in Rainbow's grasp, and shut her eyes.

Rainbow had never planned on flying Applejack anywhere quite as fast as she did that evening...

Next prompt: Glade

Tchernobog
Group Admin

Aaand Mandolin's name explained. :rainbowlaugh:

Not exactly what I expected everyone to take away from that... :applejackunsure:

Tchernobog
Group Admin

Perhaps, but not everyone would've read the blog post either! :twilightblush:

:rainbowhuh:¡Haaaaaaaaah!:pinkiegasp: That explain Mandy!:derpyderp1: and everything else!:pinkiehappy:

Roughhouse
Group Contributor

Why is she bleeding? What did you do to AJ? Twilight, stahp!

SHL

2975736 Well played, man, well played. The name is explained. Also, is this gonna explain to us why Mandy is mute and had poor eyesight?

Well, she's mute because she has a social disorder, and it's made worse by the fact that she was born with poor eyesight.

SHL

So, her muteness could be cure at some point? I'm only asking.

SHL

2990867 Excellent answer :pinkiehappy:

2975736 Wait a second, are you KIDDING ME?! I'm SO claiming this prompt! :pinkiehappy:

Comment posted by Craine deleted Mar 6th, 2014

2990867 2990886

Prompt: Glade

An accident. That’s what it was. Surely, if Rainbow Dash were a scum-sucking, ankle-biting sociopath, she’d actually mean to ruin Applejack’s crop. But she didn’t mean to. She swore that up, down, and in other directions that didn’t even exist as she followed Applejack to the Everfree forest.

Going there was nothing new to them, really. And ever since events that ‘shall not be named outside the bedroom’, it’d become a haven for the two mares. A glade, in particular. More pointedly, a place for Applejack to unleash the roaring beast that stirred within when Rainbow Dash showed off her shamefully sexy athletics.

But even then, past Rainbow’s laughable small talk, horribly timed flirting, and mewling pleas for forgiveness, Rainbow Dash was at least 120% sure she was going to die.

An easy conclusion to draw, of course. A conclusion that blind-sided Dash with a shovel when that lightning bolt bore down on that tree, burning it and all its apples to a crisp. Their blinding gleam, smoky and black. Their ripe smell, thick and burnt. If Rainbow could still see her reflection in those apples, she’d see a dead mare.

A dead mare.

The same dead mare reflecting off Applejack’s bright, warm, beautiful, calculating, plotting, scheming eyes every time they stared at Dash. Why else would Applejack smile when she saw all those burnt apples? Why else would she lead Dash to the Everfree Forest immediately after? Away from Sweet Apple Achres. Away from Ponyville. Away from all traces of civilization.

Even through the forest itself—where it once stiffened the wings and bristled her fur—Dash stared at the one thing she’d ever need to fear: the orange farm pony leading her through beds of dead leaves, poky bushes, and trees that may or may not have been grinning at them.

All Rainbow Dash wanted was to impress and awe the most amazing pony she’s ever met. And it was easy the last 27 times; a flip here, a cork-screw there… a conveniently placed storm cloud right above that tree for her to spectacularly crash into.

It was an accident. That’s what it was. And now, as Applejack stopped in an oddly open, oddly tranquil, oddly secluded, oddly perfect-to-hide-a-body-nopony-would-ever-find glade, Rainbow shouted those words so loud, her throat nearly bled.

Dash begged. Applejack turned to her. Dash shouted. Applejack stepped to her. Dash stumbled away and shrieked for mercy. Applejack smiled. Dash crumbled to the ground and cried like a wingless turkey.

Applejack kissed her forehead. “You know Imma kill ya when we’re done right?” she said.

The Everfree Forest was not quiet that night.

Yep. Give a working man a prompt, borrowed time, three Heinekens and a joint, and you've got yourself a piece of s**t that'll haunt me to the grave.

Happy Hump-Day, y'all!

Next Prompt: Slapped

That was fun!
I am sooo tempted! on second thought... I got nothing

fine, I clamed Slapped. Hope to do it right. give me a few hours!

Here we go:

Slapped
-You did not knocked him out, you just slapped him -chatted casually the cyan blue pegasus with a rainbow mane at her marefriend and currently fiancé across the bedroom.

-I did knocked him out, he fell on the floor... well clouds and he was unconscious... -answer the orange mare with blond mane, while she finish brushing her teeth.

-He got up, immediately -interrupted as a matter of fact. The pegasus has has risen to bed and patiently waits for her special somepony to join her.

-He was out for 10 minutes! - yell the farmpony, turn in down the light of the bathroom and entering the same room as the pegasus before her,

-if he was as you say “unconscious”... -her front hooves quickly moving up and down as she say the word -...he would had stayed that way for a whole day -argument with a roll of her magenta eyes. Her beautiful eyes are being covered by a thin blue frame of her reading glasses, while trying to reach her book -besides, Marigold used to slapped him stronger than that.

-I still don't feel fine about it -the earth pony doubtfully reply, as she got her side of the bed. settling uncomfortably between the sheets -Are you sure, none of them are mad at me? -inquired, once more trying to soothe the memory over meeting her beloved family that day.

-Trust me, they are fighting for you -spoke the winged mare putting the book and glasses over the night table, opted for trying to light the mood for they, to go to sleep by hugging her.

-what do you mean by that? -asked, accepting the hug. A blue wing covers her body under the sheets.

-they all want you on their hoof ball team -told the sleepy pegasus, as the dream world stared to calling her.

-huh? - opening his eyes suddenly exclaimed: -what hoot ball team? -twirling at her companion, now more asleep than awake.

-the annual family reunion hoof ball championship -replied between breaths, each one calmer than the other.

-What it has to do with me? -inquired the now awake mare, sitting on the bed now only being covered by the soft and blue wing of her fiancé.

-you are a mare so my grand-mom wants you on her team -respond while getting more comfortable, now with her head on the hinder legs of the orange pony while her wings retracted -, but also, you are my father's daughter in law, so he wants you on his team.

-Rainbow Dash, wake up! -urged the blond mare, poking her. She has to know more!
-Can't... to comfy... and warm... so sleepy! -was all the orange pony could get from her.

Resisting the suddenly urge to trowing her of the bed whisper to her self -What I am gonna do with you? -with a smile on her face while she ran one of her hooves, gently through his rainbow hair.

That's all I got:twilightsheepish:. It could be much longer:pinkiecrazy:, but I decided not :raritywink:. I beg sorry for AJ accent. I write her as Latin America Applejack. sorry again! :ajsleepy:

Next prompt: knitting

DbzOrDie
Group Admin

So, any volunteers to edit this?

Comment posted by TwilightUCrazy deleted Mar 9th, 2014

Edit of the Prompt: Slapped, written by The Yaoi Mistress.

"You did not knock him out; you just slapped him around a bit," Rainbow Dash said casually to her fiance.

"Ah did knock him out! He fell on the floor... well, clouds, and he was out!" answered Applejack around her toothbrush.

"He got up right after that." The pegasus hovered over to bed and settled into the sheets.

"Yeah, after 'bout ten minutes!" exclaimed the farmpony, flipping off the light of the bathroom and trotting into the bedroom,

Rainbow rolled her eyes and reached over to the nightstand, perching a pair of reading glasses on her muzzle. She flipped to a page in the latest Daring Do novel, and skimmed the pages with muted interest.

"Applejack, if you had put him under, then he probably would have stayed that way for a whole lot longer than he did." She paused, finishing her page and flipping to the next. "Besides, Marigold used to hit him a whole lot harder than you did. Yours was more of a... love tap."

"It still don't feel right about the whole thing," the earth pony muttered, as she crawled onto her side of the bed. She slipped underneath the covers and pulled the comforter up to her chin. "You sure none of them are mad at me?" she asked unsurely.

"AJ, trust me. They're in there fighting for you," her marefriend answered. She set aside the reading glasses, realizing there was very little chance of her ever finishing a chapter that evening, and opted instead to console her wife-to-be. A soft pair of cyan wings and hooves enveloped Applejack, and the smell of rainwater and apples intermingled in an intoxicating mingling.

"What do you mean?" Applejack asked, melting into the embrace beneath the sheets. A rogue blue feather brushed against her stomach and almost extracted a chuckle from her.

"Well, hay, what team in their right mind wouldn't want you for their hoofball team?" asked the pegasus around a yawn.

The farmpony's eyes slanted in confusion. She turned her head to face her mate. "What hoofball team? What the hay are you even talkin' about?"

Rainbow fluttered her magenta eyes.

"Oh, the uh..." She paused, rooting around in her brain's scattered filing cabinets for an answer. "Y'know, the annual reunion hoof ball championship... or something," she replied, bringing her head to rest in the crook of Applejack's neck.

Her lover scratched her ear.

"What the hay are you even talkin' about?"

Rainbow Dash only answered her with the chewing of lumber with a power tool, and a river of drool that flowed down her cheek and along Applejack's amber coat.

"'Ey! Rainbow! You git back up here and talk to me!" urged the blond mare, roughly shrugging her withers to jostle her mate back into consciousness.

The pegasus could have slept through a Force Three hurricane at that point.

Despite her sudden urge to pitch her marefriend out of bed, the cooler half of her head prevailed as she stared at that adorable snoozing face fondly. She sighed.

"What I am gonna do with you?"

I had a bit of trouble with it. I wasn't quite sure where this fic was going, so I improvised. Presumably, since Applejack had no idea what the fresh hell Rainbow was talking about, it was nap deprivation that caused her to speak jibberish, so that's the route I took. If anybody feels it diverges too much from the original material, feel free to discard.

Prompt is still: Knitting...

...which I think I could possibly take.

Prompt: Knitting

If there had been one thing that Rainbow Dash had ever learned from Great Granny Smith, it had been how to hold things together in a crisis. And she certainly didn't mean through needlepoint either. If it had been, the pegasus never would have learned a thing from Applejack's grandmother. Earth ponies had a certain amount of dexterity with their hooves pegasi lacked.

No, when she learned to hold things together, it meant keeping tightly-knit as a family. It meant being strong for one another and leaning on one another through the bad times. That's what made family so great.

Wonderful, when it worked out that way.

As Rainbow sat alone in the waiting room of the ER, she couldn't help but ponder the value of Granny's advice. She rocked back and forth on her rump, hugging herself with her hooves and wings, a job normally reserved for her wife, whom she hadn't seen for the better part of an hour.

She had lost consciousness in her forehooves after they had rushed in through the front doors. Applejack had been swarmed by two doctors, four nurses, and strapped to a gurney before being rolled away.

It had been the last time she'd seen her. The pegasus's stomach clenched with worry. She hopped up from the bench she'd been sitting on.

She'd paced. She'd hovered back and forth, kicking off the walls. She eaten at least five candy bars from the stupid vending machine.

She wanted to go for a walk. The ER smelled like vomit and cleaning agents and death. It felt like it could suffocate her if she stayed too long. She needed to get away. She needed air. She needed to feel unconstrained. She needed to stretch her wings.

But she also didn't want to be missing in case a nurse came to give her news. Some things just naturally overwrote instinct.

One hour turned to two, turned to three, turned into lost time. At some point, the pegasus had stopped paying attention to the ticking clock on the wall. Her mind became preoccupied with worry. What had happened? What could make it take so long for somepony to come and give her some peace of mind? A doctor? A nurse? A greeter for pony's sake?!

Rainbow had never been known for her overbearing patience.

She would have stomped out of the waiting room and started screaming at the next hospital staff member she saw if a nurse in surgical garb hadn't come pacing up the hallway.

The pin on her lapel read "Warmheart, RN."

The alien appearance of the unicorn's attire and the air of silence about her as she silently glided across the floor dulled the blade of her fury like a grindstone.

"Mrs. Rainbow Dash, I take it?"

Nurse Warmheart's voice poured from her like it was made entirely out of cream.

Rainbow nodded, disarmed by her benevolent nature. The golden aura that untied the mask straps wrapped around her head seemed analogous to angels, holiness and deliverance. Yet none of it seemed to help the pegasus shake her feeling of despair.

Warmheart motioned to her to have a seat, and Rainbow obeyed, plopping her rump onto the cushion without care of grace.

"The baby is a few weeks premature," the nurse began softly, levitating the mask from around her face. She was aged and experienced, judging from the wrinkles around her muzzle. "It's a girl," she said.

Rainbow gulped and nodded, the bittersweetness of learning she'd had another daughter biting at her eyes.

"A-and? Will she be okay?"

The nurse's furrowed brow smoothed.

"Oh, I've seen foals born far earlier than this that make it through just fine," she said with a soothing smile. "Off the record, I don't think she's in any real danger. That being said, we have sent her to the NICU, just to be sure."

Rainbow's worry eased greatly. She heaved her chest, breathing in deeply. The hospital's vulgar smells seemed so distant when compared to the sweet feeling of relief.

Something still bothered her however, and it chilled her to the core.

As Warmheart gazed to her neutrally, the pegasus felt the icy chill of fear and the heavy weight of dread pull her back down from her euphoric sense of release.

She swallowed, but the painful lump in her throat wouldn't retreat. She could feel the tears stinging her eyes as stress and emotion ate away at the fortress surrounding her heart.

"W-... what about Applejack...?" she asked fearfully. Rainbow could have gone an eternity without asking it, because frankly, she didn't know for sure whether or not she wanted the answer. She wanted to live with the worry in that moment. She wanted to curl up inside that little spot in Eternity and inhabit it forever, and never know the answer.

Warmheart's expression softened, and her eyes shimmered in sympathy.

"Mrs. Applejack is out of surgery. The anesthesia will wear off soon." She paused.

Rainbow couldn't take it. She wanted to scream at the nurse to not tell her. She wanted her to leave her alone.

Yet she couldn't not know now.

"She lost a great deal of blood during the procedure and needed to be resuscitated once. We managed to fix the problem. Unfortunately, it's difficult for me to say at this point what her outcome might be."

She paused again as she considered her words.

Rainbow hated the pauses.

"She's... in a very fragile position," she explained. "We'll need to keep a very close eye on her until she's recovered. I'm sorry to say that she will not bear children again."

The pegasus bit her hoof and nodded. She clenched her eyes to try and stop the hated sensation of hot tears rolling down her cheeks.

As Warmheart wrapped her hooves around her, Rainbow caught a whiff of lilac that shattered her tough-guy front like glass. She leaned into the nurse's hold and squeezed her, crying as she had never known she could before. She felt like a little filly again, helpless against the cruelties of the world. The powerful ties that kept her strong unravelled, and she was made weak.

And she hated it.

Next Prompt: Central

Tchernobog
Group Admin

:fluttershyouch:
:fluttershbad:
:fluttercry:
:raritydespair:
:raritycry:

That's /one/ way to make it momma Dash >_> but daaaaamn. Poor AJ :applejackconfused:

You still assume that's the route I'm taking. :scootangel:

Tchernobog
Group Admin

Oh no, just one I'd like to see! :rainbowwild:

Well, if that's what you want, I recommend Dashie's Foaling. :twilightsheepish:

Tchernobog
Group Admin

You say that like I haven't already read it. :trixieshiftright: And yours would be a different story! :rainbowwild:

Well, I never know! :fluttershbad:

Also: Prompt. Please. Doesn't anyone wanna know what happens next?

Thanks for the editing. I'm glad you like it. But I like my idea better :derpytongue2: Next time I write it in spanish, just for trolling :pinkiecrazy:, But It's an exercise for me, for practice english.

3042981 But we know AJ can't lie, so it will be very hard for her to keep the secret of the travel. And before you complain, I do want to see momma Dash, as much as you do!

3044549 Also, for the story I'm writing, yes the Dash family does play hoof ball every year, mare vs stallions, the mares always lose because they are outnumber. Marigold is a mare married to cousin Wingpower and is prissier than Rarity. in fact all the cousin in laws are a bunch of prissies and delicate flowers when not playing. (for being accepted in the family, they have to prove worth it, being in hoof ball or in military skills, or in weather stuff). when I finish it, I will try to post it.

Wait...
I don't know why, but for some reason, i though you were dutch or german...

3049814 Really? why? Just curious! (now I want to learn those languages):derpytongue2:
:fluttershysad:even in my own country people says I not from my birth place:fluttershysad:

• Viewing 1,101 - 1,150 of 1,318