The New Lunar Republic 1,790 members · 768 stories
Comments ( 66 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 66

Ten hut everybody, I am Colonel Nexus of the NLRAF and I am happy to greet you all to the NLR; both new comers and veterans. This thread is here to allow the Officers to the NLR to be get to know you on a more personal level. Have fun, As you were, and stay brony my friends.

3608920 Stay human, you mean.

3608978 nope ponies are better :)

3608978 It's just something I use. Some military bronies say "Sempre Filly" But I like Stay Brony

Also spread the word that the stories in the NLR are going to be organized so the alert sound is going to be going off the chain

3608982 Really? There are some of us that say "Semper Filly?" What. The actual. Fuck.

3608980 You are blasphemous towards your species. I think I need some of these:

3608998 Need I open up with a winning argument with why Tech is better than Magic, mister Robo-legs?

Also, magic is heresy.

3609005 That sentence was so full of wrong, I can't even understand it.

Oh... Uh... hello! I'm Rainy Daze! I have no idea what rank I am, what I'm doing, or even how I got here!
I'm lost... I need help. :(

3612071 just a discussion thing. chat it up with the others as you please!

My name is BlueFlank and I have applied to join the New Lunar Republic's Air force. Am I acceptable?

Excuse me, but I find that it is best to use both magic, and technology especially since I am a member of an organization whose main goal happens to be world domination.

3646650 We don't focus on world domination. We focus on our independence. And now we have it.

3646700 I'm not talking about the NLR.

3646712 Neither is the SE. They were just in self defense mode

3646722 Why would I be a member of the Solar Empire?

3646745 Then why are you here? It's by technicality legal so long as you leave the nation in a week. And before you get on your high horse, it's the same in the SE.

3646748 that seems a little unfear you know

3646783 it's to prevent spies. Both sides agreed to it and that's how it's going to be. You think I like it? My wife lives in Canterlot with my son. I only see them one week out of every month. I'm missing most of my son's life.

3646812 and this is only a group, not a real thing

3646818 When did say that I was on their side?

3646824 yeah I know. But you said it was unfair. And well, that's the world we've established.

3646829 ugh. Whatever side you're on, war's not really going on right now.

3646870 my point is if they are part of the SE they should still be allowed on here to

3647051 -_- Just using the world. He/she can be here all they want. But if they start spreading shit then it goes to them being blocked here.

3647053 hmm.........no I see, hmmm...........but some will disagree with you, and will make you mad, and sometimes blocking can cause that.

3647061 i mean like spreading propaganda of either anti NLR or anti SE. I don't allow that.

3647068 okay, some try to unite the NLR and SE that count?

3647071 as long as it isn't slenderizing one or the other

3647073 hmm.......thin line, I agree with flec

3647077 I'm a proponent of United Equestria. Don't act like I'm some war monger. That's Striker's job

3647081 then why are you a Colonel then?

3647083 who said all military leaders were war mongers? They say the best warriors (leaders especially) are the ones that hate war.

3647087 oh really then what's the point you being in the army then?

3647091 To defend. Destruction isn't what an army should be used for. I approved of the war when I first became a brony because, well, I didn't think. And when I did, I realized that a war between Celestia and Luna would end with both of them dead and Equestria in ruin and constant war.

3647101 war is only small compare to what happens over time every nation comes to a end, whether we like it or not, but if there was war it would happen as a civil war most likely

3647105 it was and still is. They make Celestia out as a tyrant when that clearly isn't the case. And they make Luna out as a Goddess with no flaws. I can name you three off the top of my head.
Resistant to change
Impatient
Quick to jump to conclusions.

3647114 aww.....finally someone that see's what is true, this is where I come in, as the right hand man for Luna, helping her with things and sign paper work and all that stuff, and most of all I could keep her from going to war due to her anger

3647117 Sadly, Nexus when the war would have started wasn't against it. It wasn't until he'd violated one of his absolutes and saw the damage the NLR was doing first hand that he took up a more passive role

3647122 war brakes all, whether it's good or bad, 've only fought in one war, but a major one

Hello.

I have two things:
1 What are the mascots for the Army and Navy (ie Army Black nights, Navy Midshipmen (goats))?
2 Could make of the ranks for the armed forces (especially the Navy)

NightDrawn
Group Contributor

Hello! I am NightDrawn, owner of The Thunderstorm Cloud Factory! (I'm writing a story about it and it's kinda my own thing I came up with since I love the RF)

I am a weapons and vehicles engineer (not literally), and I have observed many different views on situations. It's come to my attention though that the NLR is the correct side to be on. Have you not seen the obvious tyranny Celestia has set forth since her time as Princess? And everything else that's happened since then? I see no other facts or information that could prove this otherwise, and even if so, what has Celestia done for us?

Anyways enough of that talk. I'm glad to be a part of this group and hope that it can become more active and supportive of this side. (I've read your comments guys) That being said,

I am beginning work on a new NLR themed story. I need a bit of help on the background though. Any good stories/summaries about all of it and what has happened so far in it?
If not, I'll just wing it and take my own spin, but I'd love to have your guys' opinions and advice! (Plus I don't want to spread the wrong info about the NLR! I support it after all!)

I hope to become friends with all of you and have a great time here in this group!

NightDrawn
Group Contributor

3647081 Have you not seen the growth of both sides? It's near to impossible to unite the sides once again, unless Celestia steps down and gives power to Luna. The UE proposal has been around since the dawn the the war, and neither side believes it will work. Do you seriously believe that, in this fictional world and in real life, when a nation is split it will all of a sudden forget its past and become one once again? The answer is clearly no. Look at America's civil war. Did the unite once again? No. They fought until the North won. It's the same in this situation, unless you believe in some sort of other bizarre way the world works, which technically labels you as a crazy.

Also, it very much annoys me when you refer to us as people who "make out Celestia as a tyrant" and "make Luna out as a goddess with no flaws" (then you go on to state a few)

Obviously both princesses have flaws, and the show has proven that Celestia is a tyrant. Have you even watched most of the show where she's included? Ponies and creatures literally bow to her and listen to her all the time. If not she dubs them as an enemy or villain of the show in most cases presented. Now I'm not saying Discord, Tirek, and so on were "good guys", but did Discord really present himself as a hurtful and hateful guy at first? Not necessarily. He made comments here and there, but he had perfect reasons to. Would you like to be frozen as a statue since you tried to take over Equestria? (Like Luna is trying to now for a legitimate and good reason) I didn't think so. Plus we all know what happened to Tirek. He got banished to HELL. If that's not bad enough for Celestia's punishments, I could go on. Summing it up Celestia has quite the number of flaws also. I'm not going to further my statement by stating a few though, since I still have respect. I can if you want me to though.

i'm not trying to get off on the wrong foot, but I don't think it's smart to talk about and propose this. It probably will just result in people getting mad and the start of unintelligent conversations that do not include deep thought unlike mine. We can both argue about this for hours, but I really don't want to. But do you understand how when you refer to yourself as "an NLRAF Colonel", it worries me on a personal level? I do not want someone leading our army who believes in unity and peace. Next thing you know you'll hold off an attack and get your own army killed. That's the mistakes past people like you have made in the fictional AND the real world(s). If you could explain to me more about yourself and your beliefs though, we could have a better conversation about this. My kik (it's a messaging app) is NightDrawn, and we can talk there if you'd like to speak to me about this. If not, here is fine!

Thanks and I hope we can get along! Keep in mind this isn't a personal thing, and I do not mean to hurt your feelings. If I do, I'm sorry!

3674029 First off, I understand that it won't work. At least not yet. The reason i think they can reunite even after a war is because it's happened once. They do still love each other and I think them as rational people that juxtapose one another but would have a nation flourish under their combined reign.
As for the tyrant thing, she has none of the characteristics of them. Ponies bow to her because it's the respectful thing to do in their culture. And there's never been a situation where someone hasn't bowed to her and is then considered an enemy. More than that, she's proven to be motherly and genuinely caring. At most she just likes to do things herself (Twilight's princess training not included). As for Discord, his goal was to usurp the whole world and make it in his image (See what he did to Ponyville).
And Luna doesn't want Equestria, she wants her own sovereign nation. The southern half of Equestria backs her on this and that's what she wants as her nation. Tirek was a tyrant and wanted to "rule Equestria with an iron fist."
I (Nexus) have seen enough conflict and see what it's done to the people. It's rare you hear of what happens to the towns that were sieged during war and Nexus was in the center of the Baltimare siege as a Captain when he was shot down. His most important belief being to avoid colatoral damage as much as he possibly can. And while in the city, fighting to survive, he accidentally shot a civilian. (I understand the feeling having hurt people as a result of conflicts.) It's the reason he helped end the war without further bloodshed. And as for a leader wanting peace and unity, allow me to quote General Robert E. Lee a couple of times.

"It is well that war is so terrible, otherwise we should grow too fond of it."

"What a cruel thing war is... to fill our hearts with hatred instead of love for our neighbors."

"The war... was an unnecessary condition of affairs, and might have been avoided if forebearance (patient self-control; restraint and tolerance.) and wisdom had been practiced on both sides."

The leader of the Southern Army believed that the states could be whole again. He was the one that understood that to fight further would lead to the destruction of the America's. And after the end of the war, he made a statement to the south to better themselves through education. (stereotype of the south being they were simpletons). And for one thing, yes, if Nexus was the head of the military he would have done one of two things depending on the situation. Surrendered, or done what he did here, that being give the NLR its own nation. War isn't a good thing. Good men die in war, those that live are cursed to remember the tragedy and live with its scars. If a union between the NLR and the SE is to happen, the people have to trust one another.

The world won't change for the better if we don't trust people. Trust is vital in a peaceful world. But that'll never happen. ~ Larry Foulke (Ace Combat Zero)

I remember that ending and can repeat that ending verbatim. That message always stuck with me and I keep it close to mind no matter what I go through. And it's here, that I hope to use it.

P.S. I've been bullied for 11 years of my life, physically and verbally. I have very thick skin so it's almost immpossible to offend me. So there's no hard feelings. :derpytongue2:

NightDrawn
Group Contributor

3674141 Even if it could unite once again, Equestria would never be a better place. Ponies would hate the other side's ponies, and stereotypes or racism would still be around after it. More conflicts could arise with the UE than what there already is with the NLR and SE now.

And as I see it Celestia is a tyrant. That's just my belief. i gave my reasons to why I believe that, and even when you contradict them my view still hasn't changed. Like I said I could argue about this with you for hours, but when it boils down to it, its basic belief and opinion.

And about the whole nation thing, I did not know this. I was told Luna wanted all of Equestria. It was probably lies from the SE, so I understand now. (It also makes sense too)

But stepping out of this fictional world for a second, don't you think war and conflict is fun in fiction? There is no premise and "fiction" if there is no conflict in it, and I understand unity and peace is great and a blessing to us in real life, but I just love to have war, conflict, and violence in fiction. It makes it much more interesting and fun. (Btw don't label me as crazy or anything. I hate violence of any sort in real life.)

About the quotes and whatnot, these were just statements that they made. Not the reality of peacemakers in general. You'll find that like I said, many people who have tried to make peace and unity have ended up dead or in situations like the one I stated in the last comment. I agree with you though war and violence is bad in real life, but I love it in fiction.

And I'm sorry that you were bullied for 11 years. That sounds pretty bad. Hopefully other bronies and the community has been nice to you and helped you out!

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 66