I Just Want a Comment 3,676 members · 15,732 stories
Comments ( 5 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 5

This is from a front page comment made some time ago by a user named River Road:

I noticed that there's almost 1,5k stories, but only one folder for all of them. For a group that is dedicated to bringing comments to stories, I'd think that it's important for readers to see exactly which stories they would actually want to read and comment on.

We're almost at the 2.5K mark now, and I'm willing to bet that almost nobody goes past page 2 when going through the stories in the only folder in the group. I would suggest setting up folders for each of the standard site search tags -- Comedy, Romance, and so on -- giving writers more options, and allowing readers to more easily find stories that they might want to read and actually comment on.

Story sorting would be done by the writers themselves. If a writer doesn't care (or is no longer active), their work can stay in just the general folder. Anyone else would re-add their stories to the new folders.

2673204 My name is The Headless Horsepony, and I support this message.

I dont really see the point, everyone should go out and advocate their own story. (Plus i dont think anybody ever checks the folder)

2673204 I guess the point gain in weight, by making it into a thread.
I may have gone through a few, but if it is all in the same folder, it feels less then enticing.
The only way to handle this amount of stories, would be folders, just as proposed.

I'm all for it.:pinkiesmile:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 5