Comments ( 11 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 11

Just wondering if this group is being monitored by the admin(s) at all. Over the last few days, I've seen a few stories being added to the group either by the authors themselves, or when they are practically brand new (sometimes both). Just thought I'd point it out, because I can't tell if anything's being done about it :twilightsheepish:

I haven't added a new story to the group yet, but I was curious about something in your post. Are authors not supposed to submit their own fics to the group?

sgtnolisten
Group Contributor

2588911 A few days post posting is the minimum we allow. With so many stories coming through, it's easy to get buried, so we don't really bother with them.

They just need to keep to the group rules.

No, this group is supposed to be about people submitting stories that they like that aren't written by themselves. It says so in the group rules on the front page...
:ajsleepy:
I feel like the only one who ever reads rules these days...

I read the rules when I am ready to take an active role in the group. with this group, I mostly just come here to lurk and read other people's stories.

I'm talking stories that have been added on the same day as being approved, here. I don't remember which story it was, but it happened about four–five days ago. Now today, I see a story being added by the author.
I'm just a stickler for the rules in groups. Maybe I care too much?
Fair enough, then :twilightsmile:

toafan
Group Admin

2588911 2588938 2588955
I haven't actively 'cared about' this group in quite some time, to be perfectly honest. I'm willing to advocate for a bit of a reboot, if y'all like. A reboot will probably involve some wrangling over rules (which could get ugly), and some more mods.

That's not the intent of the group, no. Our goal is good fics that "didn't get the attention they deserved" (whatever that means). As a general rule, authors are going to like their stories, so...

FWIW, in my mind the 'canonical' example of what we're around for has always been the fic True Colors; though at this point the fic is much, much too old for us to be able to 'help' it, it seems to me. (Again, whatever that means.)
Then again, I might just be really strange for being the kind of person who likes fics like that.

toafan
Group Admin

I feel like I've seen you around, as I seem to have a positive opinion of you but can't put a finger on anything resembling why. Your userpage does nothing to debase that notion, however, so... greetings :twilightsmile:

toafan
Group Admin

2588911 Oh, and one more commentspam:
If there's specifics you'd like to point out, I can investigate. I am, apparently, too lazy to go looking for the ones you're talking about completely by myself, however.

Well, thank you kindly. :twilightsmile:
I strive only to please people.

Periphery
Group Admin

Yeah, you're right, I realize I've been kinda neglecting this group for a while, and in the last few days alone I noticed several stories I should have removed, but didn't.

I don't know, I guess I was getting tired of feeling like all I ever do with the group is remove stories that break the rules, which often seems like more than half the submissions. Plus I just haven't been online much lately, so I basically just ignored the group for a while.

Maybe we should consider adding a moderator or two.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 11