Spilight 689 members · 444 stories
Comments ( 30 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 30

I'm going to be honest, sure I love a straight up shipfic, but you know what I want more of? A Spilight subplot. Basically a story where, yes there is shipping and romantic development, but there's also a second plotline to go along with it. In other words, bacon is awesome, but bacon and eggs is the sh:flutterrage:t!
So here's some of my ideas for an indirect Spilight. But be warned, I don't write about cute things when romance isn't the only focus.

The first one is called Ponyville. It's a (kinda) crossover with Jericho. If you have Netflix and haven't seen Jericho WATCH IT NOW!
A devastating attack on Equestria leaves the citizens of Ponyville cut off from the rest of the world. Now the town must band together against gangs, anarchy, and fallout, to hold onto what little stability they have left. But as the mystery surrounding the attacks continues to grow, some of the citizens begin to think that one newcomer may hold the answers, or perhaps, their undoing.
(How do I work Spilight into this? Well, Spike and Twilight both think their families are dead (Spike: Celestia, Twilight: her parents), so maybe they get pushed closer together in order to comfort the other. Also they both would have to watch out for the other since it's kind of the apocalypse.)

The next one is a crossover with Sunshine. The movie was actually pretty good, but I think it would be easier to apply to Equestria than Earth. I mean the science is just... No.
For one thousand years, Celestia has held an unwavering grip upon the sun, but a momentary slip reveals a horrifying truth; the sun was dying, and Celestia was only holding back it's fury. Now, twenty five years later, a mission is underway to capture the sun once again. But the only way to do that is with alicorn magic being brought to the sun itself, and Twilight Sparkle is ready to do just that.
(Do I even need to explain how Spilight works here? Spike and Twilight, along with a few others, are on a spaceship for two years. Sh:flutterrage:t happens.)

This one is actually original, but I'm hesitant about writing it since I feel it would be extremly long.
Rewriting Reality or Infinite Immortality
Spike has known for all of his life that he will far outlive all of his friends, even Twilight. He has tried desperately not to dwell on this fact, but in the back of his mind, it was always there, eating away at him. But one day, Spike discovers that he will never have to face this bitter fact; he can simply press repeat, just as he has done for 300 other lifetimes.
(Basically Spike just time jumps back to this day after Twilight dies every 2,000 years because he doesn't see a point in living anymore. In fact, he's time jumped back so many times, he's now 600,000 years old, but still in his usual body.)

So, do you guys have any stories that could become Spilight without that being the only focus? ... Particularly post-apocalyptic? I love post-apocalyptic stories, and add some Spilight to that... Let's just say tables will get flipped in pure joy.

3064963 If it serves of anything... you can expect a post-apocalyptic Spilight from me. And that's all the hinting I'm gonna give. :trollestia:

3064963 Well, I do have an idea. But be warned: It's fucked up... it sorta has rape.
When the return to the Crystal Empire, Twilight comes in contact with Sombra's horn and soon becomes corrupted like him. She views Spike as a weapon/friend/fuck slave/and as her voice of reason. She... basically uses mind control to turn Spike into this 'perfect' being. They then take over the world. :trollestia:

3065135 I'll be back in an hour or so with an idea...

3065164 My story involves millions of innocent ponies being vaporised in a tenth of a second, with more yet to die from fallout... The dark is where I live. :pinkiecrazy:
Though, to be honest, not a fan of rape. :unsuresweetie: Spike should (and certainly would) at least enjoy that shit.

3065247 It's mind control: his body likes it, but his mind doesn't - until Twilight breaks him. :pinkiecrazy:

3065277 His mind and body would like it before and after. :ajbemused: He's a teenage boy, just trust me on this one.

it sorta has rape.

Twilight comes in contact with Sombra's horn

Reading your post those two sentences overlapped somehow for me and... well, hornrape :twilightsheepish: Still, a good idea, I like it!

3064963 I might have some indirect Spilight in the fic I'm currently working on although its still an outline without much form... I really like the first idea, you should write it :pinkiehappy: The third idea somehow reminds me of Higurashi storyline and would be really great...although yes, it would probably be quite long because it would need a lot of scenes to be shown.

Comment posted by The Fields of Ice deleted Mar 12th, 2014

hornrape

Oh god damn it! No! Bad! No more rape ideas!

The first idea was actually my first story I'd ever written. I just tweaked it... A lot. And yes, it is like Higurashi in a few ways, but it revolves mostly around science.

3065332 Now I have to do it. I was planning to do this my Nightmare Sparity story, but the hornrape is too good to pass up. :pinkiecrazy: Oh God, what has Bronystories done to me?! :raritydespair:

3065406 Nah, horn rape is still mild compared to my idea... in which Spike gets killed and Twilight goes insane. She brings him back in form of a zombie and then has romance with him...or more like she uses him (rapes him) in bed since he is a mindless and rotting zombie. I decided not to write that story since it would be borderline necrophilia+rape somehow... so yeah, that's not an option.

Might do a normal rape story in the future though...:twilightsmile:

Comment posted by The Fields of Ice deleted Mar 12th, 2014

3065755 Ooh! I like it! This would definitely be good! I mean, it's not the type of story I meant since it mostly looks like a shipfic, but either way, this sounds good. :twilightsmile:

3065924 its not a shipfic. Its a take on ethical boundaries and decisions with romance on the side

So, you guys are having a thought out discussion about rape, while I consider how multiple universes and other possible realities could work... And since there's an infinite number of parallel worlds, there's an infinite number in which the acts you're discussing have already been portrayed. God Damn it. :facehoof:
So... Any of you guys seen Fringe?

3065963 Yeah, but it seems to follow the typical drama genre of shipfics. I was talking more about Sci-fi, horror, action, dark as shit. But seriously, don't listen to me. Write that story! Please! What you have is great as is!

3066033 thanks.I can't write dark or post-apocalyse to save my life :fluttercry:

3065995 Nope, but the series seems interesting :twilightsmile: and true about parallel worlds...which scares me :pinkiecrazy:

3066057 That may be a good thing. The better of an apocalyptic writer you are, the more you think about the end.

3066059 When you truly grasp the meaning of infinite worlds, you will suddenly realize that your darkest fears and thoughts are somewhere a reality, as well as your most joyful or perverted fantasies.

3066106 Nope, grasping the meaning of infinite words wants me to kick myself in the butt. Of course I do not mean myself from this world but myself from parallel world who invented machine to write his fanfics instantly as well as machine to send it to other me into parallel worlds. I hate myself for being selfish. :twilightsmile:

3065995 I haven't seen Fringe. Is it good?

3066149 It kicks ass... Until season 5. But everything else is good. Though if you're not a sci-fi guy who likes to really think, I wouldn't recommend it.

3066145 Infinite worlds really means that anything and everything is possible since different laws of physics govern each world. Basically, anything that can happen, can be imagined, can't be imagined, and hasn't been imagined yet, all is in existence. There may even be worlds in which your fanfics aren't just fics, but reality.
Yeah, this is the kind of shit you try to understand when high.

3064963 You do prove a valid point. I love stories where romance is part of it but something else is going on.

I had an idea where Spike and Twilight do get together but once its public not only do the get a lot of flak for being in a cross species relationship. Around ninety percent of snobs of pony society will argue that a Princess should marry someone of royal blood, not a commoner. Word of this spreads across boarders and the dragons find this out, they trace back his family tree to find his legacy, he is part of a royal line of dragons in a society. Done before yes. But here's the thing, even though they would be allowed too. Not everyone will view a match up between a Dragon & a Pony. From both sides no matter if their royalty or not. Not to mention Spike knows nothing about Dragon customs, never mind being Dragon Royalty. So not only will he have to learn. Tensions will rise and maybe a few assassination attempts may happen.

Rough idea and needs refining. But the jist is. I've not seen anything that touches on Twilight's status in Pony Society, not just anyone can just propose to her I'd bet. Well Twilight wouldn't care however a lot would and cause trouble.

3066203 And worst of all, there might be worlds when I'm reincarnation of Spike and am married to a reincarnation of Flash Sentry.... <insert epic horror music here>:twilightoops:

3066386 Oh, now you leave out the rape? Not too fun on the flip side is it?

3066384 That sounds kind of likeThe Unpredictable Magic of Love, to be honest. That being said, its still a good idea.
There is one problem though. Now, this is a different take, its really not what I was getting at. I meant a story that doesn't seem Spilight, but could easily develop into it. Starting off as Spilight wouldn't work. Something completely neutral, yet still placing them in a situation where romance can develop, then just as the readers begin to have their doubts BAM! Shipping.

3067260 I see what you mean now, was a little sleep deprived so didn't quite understand. :ajsleepy:

There not a lot of ships like that in general, I mean there tags for every character but normally people display what the ship is on the stories description. Is it a good idea to not do so until the reveal? :applejackconfused:

Also about the idea, I get loads of rough random ideas. I type them down, save them or scrap them. It gets a little cluttered in my head. :twilightsheepish::twilightsheepish:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 30