Humans Aren't Bastards 4,072 members · 211 stories
Comments ( 9 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 9

British Army and SAS Veteran of 17 years Bob Curry was present at the storming of the Iranian embassy(1980), was deployed to the Falklands and served as a 'close protection officer' for Princess Diana. However, none of these experiences seem to have helped when his business collapsed leaving him homeless and lost.

He is currently reliant on the SAS Regimental association who are paying to keep him at a B&B and is not receiving the help he needs from the proper authorities.

Fortunately, Andy McNab, also a veteran of the SAS and successful author, has begun a petition to ask Hereford County Council to find adequate permanent accommodation for him: Please give Hero Bob a helping hoof.

PS: I'm going to copy this to the UK Bronies and My Little Britain groups as well.

Done and done.

From an American veteran, he has my support. However does my name from another country even count towards this petition? If not I'd very much like a way to support him some other way.

6287055 I'm not sure if segregating homeless people based on whether they are veterans or not is a good thing. Perhaps it would be better to strive to help homeless people in general and not just the fortunate few.

Whilst I would agree that everyone does deserve a roof over their head I'm gonna' have to argue that for someone who has given so much for his nation, my nation, he deserves to be repaid just this little bit.

As far as I know every signature counts, UK citizen or not but I don't know for sure.

6287918 I think it's best we agree to disagree and leave it at that.

Did a little digging, every signature counts regardless of location, I didn't see a place to donate directly but there is a route to donate towards boosting advertisement for his particular petition.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 9