The Mojave Express 1,105 members · 85 stories
Comments ( 3 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 3

I originally posted this in the FO:E group, but I was told this might be a good place as well, so here we are.

Hello everyone, it's been a... long while since I was on this site proper, considering I probably haven't been a brony (is that term still used) for something like three years at this point. But I decided to hop on because, since I've recently gotten back into Fallout and hey, now that I own them, maybe I'll play them soon! and I've got a nagging plot bunny that won't leave me alone.

At the moment I'm only concept testing, so I apologize for all of this being the barest of bones. But the basic plot points would be as follows;

• The Courier, after the events of New Vegas, would find himself in the Equestrian Wasteland (the character type I'm leaning towards would probably fit a Mr. House run the best).
  • For a while he would fumble around in a new but eerily similar environment.
  • Eventually, he would run across an outcast of a Steel Ranger scribe. The two would form a somewhat odd partnership, with her nieve optimism and scientific-technological skills contrasting his cynical, somewhat self-centred greed mercantilism, and his combat abilities being on the level of a heavily discounted John Wick.
  • They might find some community to settle down in and become "productive members of society" (Who needs that, amiright, guys?)
  • Maybe introduce another human from the main protagonist's past. (Sunny Smiles? A possibility)

After that... not sure. I don't exactly have an overarching narrative planned out yet, and as I said this is only a concept test to see if people might be interested in it, given that when I was around, Human in Equestria stories had a very... specific reputation. Bad, they were bad.

Another thing I need to consider is how much or how little this story would interact with the story of the original Fallout: Equestria. Obviously, I don't think "FO:E, but with human+1" would be a very interesting read, since Kkat's skill and writing capability does, and always will, vastly exceed my own. Even Somber, who is probably the most skilled and successful FO:E fan author; and say what you will about PH's tone, themes, or length, but it is damn well written and well thought out; barely dabbled with FO:E's story. Granted, I haven't actually finished it, so if I'm wrong you may crucify me like the degenerate I am. But Littlepip's effect on the Wasteland by the end of her story is to such a scale that, depending on the location and time setting and scale of my own story, I would need to have her at least mentioned if not included.

If you have any input, whether story and plot ideas/recommendations/critiques or just general encouragement, let me know. I could use it.

And if any of you might find an interest in writing a similar story, got for it. I don't claim to own this story concept that would make me an extreme cunt.

I quite like this idea and would probably find it an interesting read. I wish you luck and success in this endeavor.

This was actually done years and years ago by Speven but another, more modern take on it could be interesting.

https://www.fimfiction.net/story/14895/wayward-courier

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 3