Octavia Fans 1,588 members · 1,288 stories
Comments ( 11 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 11

If there was a CD with the soundtrack that describes your life, what songs would be on it? Speaking for myself, here are a few that I would pick. How about yourselves? I look forward to positive comments.

Beginning

Childhood

High schoool/depression arc (yes, there was that time).

Current

Persona 4 'I reach out for the truth'

When I have friends living far away: 'Dear my friend'

When cooking: 'Hamburger Luv'

When going to work: 'B Rogers Of to work we go ( I think that's the name )

When shopping: 'Persona 4 Your affection'

When showering: ???

At night: Anything peacefull

Right before I joined the fandom:

Aside from that, I got nothin'. Would need to think on it some more.

All nice picks.
Weirdly catchy.

You took a listen this them?

Just this one. The song of my life.

Sometimes when it rains the 'Night in the Woods' music plays in my head

Yes, actualy. Some were naturally more catchy than others, but still.

When I'm having a good time with some of my best friends: 'Rhythm and Rockets'

Thought about it some more.

First few years of school. I got picked on a lot, and I had problems fitting in, as well as being physically weak compared to my peers. More of a nerd.

It's not very appropriate for a young child, but it makes sense in hindsight. I actually did get knocked out once in middle school, too. I was obsessed with a fad that shall remain nameless, so there'd probably be a themed song from that on the CD, too. None of them really feel appropriate for any specific time, though.

Then I changed schools, and I found there were more weirdos like me. This was also around the time we were getting Internet for the first time. And weirdly enough, as college came around and I got my own laptop to boot, I started staying up later to talk with people in different timezones.

There was a period around college, where I was heavily into trancework and magic. I was actually making progress, experimenting, successfully. I started doing things for others, mostly for total strangers online, for groups. Recordings and worldbuilding for stories, that sort of thing.

And then I had my breakdown, right before I joined the fandom. I'm not sure if there is music to describe that. But I pulled myself together and despite never getting back to my old self, I did at least manage to continue. That was the point I linked to earlier: Chaos.

Then the pony stuff up to now, which coincides with a period of several years of college woes followed by unemployment and slowly cutting off from everyone and everything. I'm a geek again, the useless nerd I was as a child, except now with no excuses and less things to take joy in, and I've lost touch with all my rl friends, have for years. Sometimes I feel like I'm losing my mind, and I shy away from people out of fear of dragging them down with me, anger pops up but never grows into full aggression, so that's good. I've started making a habit of writing down whenever I catch myself going a little too far, trying to stop the bad habits. So this one's kind of appropriate for those times.

As for the good times, I guess my favorite inspirational song fits for that. Sometimes I get glimpses of ideas, clear images or good memories. This is the song I play for original stories, it fits my setting.

This song gives me strength and courage after a hard day's work. It never fails to make me smile, so I only listen when I know I need it and it'll work. I'd to have it fail one day.

All really nice picks, I have to say.:twilightsmile:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 11