The Hero... Queen Chrysalis??? 1,736 members · 385 stories
Comments ( 11 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 11

So I have a story where it is theorized that one of the characters is a changeling that was mutated where he feeds off of fear instead of love. I wanted to ask what you guys think could cause such a mutation? Would it be caused by the environment or was it something that maybe Chrysalis choose for the changeling? Or could it be something else entirely?

Feel free to leave constructive comments below. :twilightsmile:

I would think it would be more evolution, assuming the changeling lives in an area where fear is more common than love or he was born into a different class of changeling where they are meant to act at as terrorist?

Birth defect? Unstable changeling? Science has caused the changeling's brain patterns to act in "reverse" in a way, requiring it to feed on fear?

I figured they feed on any emotion I just thought "love " was the most filling.

Mutations are usually random, but for sake of argument, we could imagine Chrysalis intentionally bathing the egg in hate.

Toxins in the environment are usually the cause of mutations, aside from those caused during reproduction. That said, they're more likely to cause cancer or some such thing.

Continuing from my last comment, random mutations are something of a "sh*t happens" kind of thing, which isn't very fulfilling for readers. In The King is Dead, Long Live the Emperor!, the main character has a recessive mutation that causes him to glow when he feeds on love due to inbreeding in his family. Feeding on fear could be the same thing - a recessive mutation that exists within changeling kind and crops up every now and again.

What's the name of your story? I'd be interested in reading it.

Well, the trading cards say they can feed on all different types of emotions. For what it's worth.

4484105 You are talking about a Windigo possesing a Changeling?

A changeling-windigo-crossbreed?

A windigo disguising as changeling?

A windigo cursed to live as a changeling?

A changeling version of Celestia I mean Luna Nightmare Moon?

Hey, that first, second, third and fourth one could make interesting stories...

4484255 Well, the story isn't out just yet. And truth be told the character isn't confirmed to be a changeling as no one is truly certain of his origins (however there are a few hints to him possibly being a changeling).

The story is called, The Smiling Stallion. It is a dark fic that I hope to be able to release around October (if I can finish enough of the material in time).

I woud say somby did it 2 him with dark magec

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 11