The Lunaverse 2,571 members · 202 stories
Comments ( 6 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 6

If the Mane Six of the Lunaverse were playable in Fighting is Magic, what do you think they would be?

Ponies. :derpytongue2: Isn't it called Them's Fightin' Herds in the release version?

RainbowDoubleDash
Group Admin

It is, for copyright reasons.

But I mean, if their species was changed for those same reasons, then I’d probably have Trixie be a kitsune. Illusion magic, natch. Dunno about the rest. Also I haven’t actually played Fighting is Magic or Them’s Fightin’ Herds…

Do either of you know what their super moves would be?

Emeral Bookwise
Group Admin

Let's see, I'm not entirely up to date on all my fighting game terminology, but based on past experience with genre...

Raindrops would probably be some kind of bruiser/grappler with super armor on the start up of her special moves so she can tank hits while closing distance.

Ditzy would probably use charge up mechanics for her specials, since that tends to favor more defensive play. She'd probably focus on counter play, waiting for an opponent to commit to an attack before punishing them.

Trixie would definitely be a zoner, using tricks and traps to control the field and force her opponents into disadvantageous positioning. Then again, Carrot Top might be actually zoner too, substituting potions for spells. So if we wanted to avoid overlap, Trixie might be more of a mobility fighter, think ninja types with counter "teleports". The opponent goes for an attack, but with a command input, nope, that was an illusion and the real Trixie comes out of invisibility to attack from behind.

Lyra might actually play a lot like Twilight/Oleander, ranged magic attack and playing her harp to charge her meter instead of reading a book. I could maybe see her having some kind of tempo mechanic where the damage output of her combos is modified by the timing of the button presses. She might also have super where BonBon joins in for a combo beat down.

Cheerilee would probably be the most generic all-arounder, a balanced ix of stats with no standout weaknesses or strengths. Intentionally beginner friendly design.

I'd make Derpy/Ditsy a Winged Cow or Lamassu with at some attacks involving dropping packages or crates on opponents.

Carrot Top's fighting style would focus on debuffs caused by potions she throws.

Lyra would have a ranged attack focus where her attacks are visualized as musical notes.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 6