Humanized Ponies! 3,473 members · 5,606 stories
Comments ( 20 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 20

There's been a rumor running around of a FiM spin-off coming to TV sometime soon. But while our hopeful expectations for an official Daring Doo show or the highly-anticipated, "Adventures of Derpy Hooves and Tom the Rock", it has come to my attention that it's neither of those things. Instead, we'll be getting Equestria Girls, a spin-off show where the Mane 6 are humanized school girls.

And while there's a lot of talk of controversy in the overall fandom, I'm curious to hear what the pro-humanized groups have to say. Obviously we'll be less inclined to speak against the species-divide, but that doesn't mean we won't have problems with the concept.

So, what are everyone's initial reactions?
Love it already? Hate it already? Or "Wait and See"?
Do you think humanization was a good thing? Can we/ Should we take the P out of MLP?
And do you think this will affect the Brony community?

I, personally, don't mind it, and am kind of looking forward to it. From a business standpoint and a social standpoint, Hasbro has a lot of gain from a successful humanized spin-off. But I'm also worried how it will portray the Brony community. Not only will we see divisions between pro-Pony and pro-Human groups, but those outside community who prejudge us as pedophiles will now have a show to point to as evidence (I'm looking at you FOX News). I'm subscribing to the policy of, "Wait and See"

Late to the party.

You're pretty late to this, ya know.

As someone who enjoys humanized MLP fan art and fanfics, I think "Equestria Girls" could be good. Whether or not it'll hold up against the original show is something we'll have to find out. Much like the whole Alicorn Twilight controversy, :twilightblush: I'm finding that cautious optimism is good for approaching these issues. If it does happen and it doesn't turn out well, at least we'll still have the original MLP.

I won't judge it until I've actually given it chance, of course. Interested to see how it turns out. That said, I am not feeling that character design whatsoever.

I'm hoping that my theory is correct and the framing device is it's a show or book made by one of the chars in the show.

Please don't be bad, please have some sweet fights scenes, please have it focus on slightly more adult issues. That's the big three I want from that show.

Though I'd be ok with some shipping because, hey. I am who I am.

Seems a bit weird how their skin is still colored...

Not at all excited with how the characters look, but I would at least wait and see if it's actually any good. Hopefully it'll hold up in its own right... Hopefully

GlitchyProductions
Group Admin

As long as the designs are slightly changed so that they have actual human skin then there are no complaints from me.

728513 It's an attempt to prevent people from getting mad about things like humanized race. This way their skin is just a lightened version of their coats. I think they screwed up, though, because nobody likes this. No matter what choices they would've otherwise made, at least some fans would've loved them.

I get why they're doing this and I'm in the wait and see boat, but my one concern is that we don't know for sure if this is actually a legitimate Hasbro image.

I'd also be way more excited about this if the character design was any better. Seriously, those boots. And those skin colors. :pinkiecrazy:

I'm not a fan of the designs, but I'll watch the show anyway.

If they do a humanized show, there better be a hell of a lot more work in the character design then THAT CRAP. That is a load of shit.
I would be happy if they looked like this-
or this-
Or even this, for buck's sake-
Hell, I could do better, and I'm not even an animator.

Has it even been confirmed that the OP image is legit? Is there a source?

I think it could be awesome if they would make them with anthro ears... and if it was still like the show, like fighting monsters and no high school

I'm just fine with it. But if you think about it, it's really the Bronies' fault for Hasbro thinking of this because of how much everyone likes human ponies. If you like human ponies but don't like the idea of Equestria Girls then you really DON'T like human ponies.:applejackunsure: just saying.

You're implying I like anthro and disgusting skin tones. There's a difference.

Not exactly. I'm implying that because Bronies like human ponies so much Hasbro thought they could make a bunch more money by making a show about human ponies and then selling the merchandise to the Brony community.

That's all.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 20