Comments ( 18 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 18

post a blog on here looking for thought's of my opinion on the Celestia of this universe. granted some things have been posted since but still think still relevant. look forward to your thoughts.

Celestia of Winniverse. Started out as a well meaning ruler but ultimately becomes the tyrant the rebels claimed.

While I disagree with the rebels move to rebel as a powerplay. but Celstia's actions at the end of the war makes their claims true. Her complete dissovling of the Pegasi and Earth Pony governments with a minor change to the unicornian government puts her as the sole pony in control of Equrestria. Ditactorship anyone? While Equestria did well under her rule we still see the signs of this tyranny. Outside of town mayors do you we any sign of ponies having a voice in government? I certainly don't. Then there is throwing Shining under the bus when he was the least to blame for the wedding invasion. Now with Luna and Freeport. With out really listening to Luna's side of the story Celestia forces Luna to not only give up her adventure funds but her claim on a sword SHE made for a friend a friend who's ghost asked her to retrieve it. Yet she decides Sunset is COMPLETELY in the right and chose somepony over her sister again. Note BOTH Susnet and Luna made errors, but I hold Sunset more in error then Luna. How can Celestia limit a co ruler, somepony who is equal to her in power? Maybe because that is a lie and she is a tyrant and still holds overall power.

She may try to justify these reasons as others who read. but actually looking at her actions what do you see? I tyrant, a seemingly benovolent one but a tyrant none the less.

Because Totalitarian Democracy.

Dorath #5 · Mar 3rd, 2020 · · 3 ·

7165729 Yes. While Winningverse!Celestia did not become an actual tyrant until after the Lunar Rebellion, she was a poor ruler and a hypocrite even before.

To Whit; Celestia had not even set hoof in either Pegasopolis or the Earth Pony nation (who's name I forget at the moment) in centuries. While the Pegasi and Earth Ponies had working self-government, their supposed ruler did not interact with them (outside of an occasional, mostly ceremonial, visit by the pegasi and Earth Ponies to her) as long as they continued to provide food, materiel and bodies as Unicornia demanded, and even during those visits, an Unicornian official was actively involved in making decision that were purely internal matters of the other two nations (such as Pegasopolis' budget). She also allowed the growth of the Earth Pony Magnates with out any check or even apparent interest, giving them, and their abuses, her de-facto approval. It's no wonder Apple Tree scoffed at her claim of "we can work together to improve things in a few generations".

Immediately Pre-Rebellion: She forbids the Pegasi from making retaliatory strikes against Griffin raiders, and from even going on rescue missions to recover kidnapped and enslaved Earth Ponies because it would "break the treaty", a treaty the Griffins were actively violating at that very moment. And when she learns that a pegasus filly had been clipped, she immediate sends unicorns to conduct a witch-hunt of the pegasi, while keeping somepony she knew had used a child as a living bomb, and then tried to cover up her crime, as her right-hoof in the Unicornian government.

Post-Rebellion: She dismantles the entire Pegasus government and culture (except for the Kickers and the Stalkers, and the Stalker clan have been conspicuously absent from all of the stories set closer to the time of Twilight and her friends). She also dismantles the entire Earth Pony government above the local level, by decree, something I do not believe was ever within the authority of the Chancellor.

She made the entirety of Equestria, an alliance of three separate nations, subject to the Unicornian government, where she is the absolute ruler, and she did so in flagrant violation of the laws of two of those nations. And while the unicorn nobles can badger and whine and try to put public opinion pressure upon Celestia, they have (to my knowledge) no authority or legal means to censure or remove her. Which means that, with the destruction of the Pegasus and Earth Pony governments (which did have methods to remover Celestia from power), Celestia is now the definition of a tyrant; an absolute ruler who is unrestrained by law.

I am inclined to agree that she has become a tyrant, not the type who realizes that she is one, but is a tyrant, the alternative universe in which the Sunbeam becomes empress is basically just like the same, knowing that she is a tyrant and not even pretending the opposite, pointing out how Celestia could have solved the Lunar rebellion and still be the only ruler of equestry without being a tyrant? preferably in a way that the tribes could have a single government please?

to those downvoting these comments, how about you give a counter agruement if you disagree

an addition. what happens to Shining post Wedding invasion.

pre invasion she has proof that SOMEBODY (Turns out Chryssy) is using changelings to infiltrate her government with Cloud Kicker's mother./ Even under influence Shining tried to alert Cloud that something was going on. Twilight herself warns something up. Oh and that fact you go on with a wedding while the city is UNDER THREAT. so in the end shining is the least to blame yet the only one that loses something.

and the one time she should act with authority is the whole Scarlet and Strumming thing. Scarlet got your intelligence agency to VIOLATE LAW and attempt a foalnap of her adult daughter. and STRUMMING, who refuses an illegal order is the one that suffers, losing her job. the ONE time your tyranny could actually be used for good you fail.

people often try to interpret Celestia as the perfect ruler, but any attempt to do so that requires her to spend more time on screen and still have a plot will require her to end up being imperfect in one way or another since she doesn't exist really a perfect ruler, a totalitarian ruler is subject to being a tyrant as soon as he makes any mistake, a ruler who is not totalitarian has to deal with rules for his government, an opposition that he cannot eliminate, processes, bureaucracy, delegation of power and authority, in addition to having to accept when he cannot act because he has other people with equal power acting. In fact if she acted the way she does without the weight of a government on her hooves it would be much easier to accept that she is not a kind of benevolent tyrant, if that can be imagined

agruement

:unsuresweetie:

Still no.

again i would like to ask how could she resolve the whole issue of rebellion, become the sole ruler of equestria and still avoid being a tyrant?

Man people have been pointed out why your wrong for I’m pretty sure years
the smart thing to do is down vote and move on

Not dissolved the clans or the earth pony government.

Can you point to where people have argued against Admiral Q Ponyform's point?

Also I don't think he/she/they are against the Winningverse, he/she/they simply has an interpretation on it. Like any work of fiction(and non-fiction) there are multiple ways to interpret it even when the author is still alive. Death of the Author means(at least as far as I know) that once a work is published the author no longer has final say about it.

I am not against Winniverse. I love it but have issues with Celestia in it. the choices she makes irk me.

where. i have yet to see one counter argument to my view of Celestia and the country she has made since the Rebellion.

further. minus the glaring fraud that paranoia started there was no issue with the EP form of government and roughly half the EPs were with Celestia in the fight. Outside of towns right now EPOs have no say in the government. what a reward for being the tribe that suffered the most in the war.

The Clans, she decided to dissolved after only ONE clan attempted to sacrifice Midnight and as far was we know. neither the other clans or even Rightly knew of this plan. yet that was enough for Celestia to say screw it no more clans except for Shadow's. And sadly Shadow failed to stop her so the last two battles of the war were unneeded. the clans were willing to surrender but not at the expense of the clans being abolished.

as for the Unicornian goverenmnt, besides from the phasing out of the Knight Orders and noble Levies their is only minor changes and still intact by Twilight's time. Funny that. only the Unicornian government survives in any form post Rebellion.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 18