Comments ( 23 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 23

Thank you for all the feedback. This is the corrected one(I hope:derpytongue2:) (also the reason it states that Night Light acts as Vinyl's father is that's what it seemed to me when Vinyle talked about him to Twilight in The Study of a Winning Pony

This chart is appreciated, but there are a few inaccuracies. Rainbow isn’t related to Aurora biologically, and Sparkler is biologically related to Shining and Twilight.

I just tied my brain in a knot. Twilight's mother banged who?

Nevermind, I know the answer.

Can't speak for Aurora, but Shining, Twilight (Sparkle) and Sparkler all share the same biological mother. Seriously, there is a whole story with Twilight figuring a lot of things out. Consequently, Twilight is related to Vinyl Scratch; shocker!

... I was seriously less surprised than I felt I should have been.

Wait! You said 'is' not 'isn't'. My bad!

Comment posted by M4Tiger4014 deleted Jul 13th, 2018

All three of Rainbow's connections should be dotted lines, as she acts as an Aunt as opposed to being biological.

Shining should be connected to his parents.

Twilight and Shining should be connected to Sparkler biologically as siblings.

Ditzy and Twilight have both been partners to Cloud, although not at present.

Twilight may be acting as an Aunt to Aurora, but she is not biologically related.

It's Blossomforth.

That's all I have at the moment.

What how did you reach that conclusion? :rainbowhuh: Shiny seems to be one of the most genuinely nice and sympathetic ponies in the entire winningverse. Only times that I can recall him being nasty is when he thought someone was mistreating his sisters.

Nice relationship map, but Rainbow isn't biologically related to any of the ponies on that list. (Unless I missed something really interesting.) She's only an honorary aunt to Dinky, Aurora and Sparkler. And Twilight and Aurora are nothing biological unless I missed the reveal of Blossomforth's parents. Shining is a biological half brother to Sparkler and acts the position since he found out. Twilight and Sparkler are biological half siblings as well, but not sure if they act like it. Star and Storm are not biological aunts of Aurora, Cloud is their cousin not their sister. They call themselves aunts because it is simpler though.

Sorry if I sound negative, I liked that you made something fun and worth discussing.:pinkiesmile:

By the way, did you spell Blossom's name wrong on purpose to feed the opinion that she gets pushed aside way to often?

Sorry for the mistakes. For the Rainbow thing I just forgot to make it dotted lines, and in my sleepy mind I didn't realize that if Twilight was Sparklers sister Shinning must be her brother(also the Blossomforth thing was because I suck at spelling). I will remake it with all of the corrections, thank you for helping.:twilightsmile:

No worries, just glad I could help out. And don't worry about the spelling thing. I write mostly on my phone, so I make a lot of them. :twilightsmile:
I went over it again and noticed that there were no lines between Shining and his parents either.

Hopefully Fixed it

Nice! :pinkiesmile:

I got the same impression about Nightlight and Vinyl as well. He might not act like her dad in public but they seem to view each other like father and daughter and that's what counts.

Likewise I like that you drew two lines between Sparkler and Twiligt. You are right, they are biologically siblings, but Twilight seems to act more like an aunt than a sister to Sparkler.

Still missing Amethyst Star's and Vinyl Scratch's biological mothers entirely (Magetrix and Quill Scratch respectively) .

Speaking of missing parents, Nimbus Kicker, Tornado Kicker, Wind Kicker, and Typhoon aren't on your chart either.

Cirrus Doo, Ditzy's brother, is probably at least worth mentioning. I don't recall if he and Ditzy's parents were named or not. I know they were at least briefly mentioned between Life and Times and/or Study.

Cadance being married to Shining Armor is probably worth including. Also, Flurry Heart was born in-verse, so might as well include her.

While not included in your title, Rainbow Dash's parents are known in-verse. Surprise A.K.A. Awesome Mom and Rainbow Dash A.K.A. Cool Mom.

I forget if Fluttershy's parents are identified, but if not canon has identified them which could serve as a default.

At least Blossom being an actual orphan does make her entry easy.

Comment posted by nlinzer deleted Jul 19th, 2018

Sorry didn't read your whole post ignore the deleted one. I'll probably add those tommrow

Chengar Qordath
Group Admin

Yeah, nothing was established before canon gave Fluttershy parents (as opposed to Rainbow’s parents), and I don’t see any reason to break with canon in this case.

Nightlight and Velvet need to be on the map because they are smack in the middle of the complications. Adding all the other parents and siblings won't have much impact on the map 'cept making it bigger. Still if you want expand the tree to include pretty much everyone in tve winningverse, go for it.

Ditzy's parents are named but I only remember the dad' s name, Klutzy Doo. The mother is a noblepony.

Huh I guess that could make Sparkler the heir of two noble houses one day.

I wonder if we will ever find out who Blossomforth's parents are. I like that it is a mystery and that they probably never will know.

yeah sorry to be so indecisive but now thinking about it I don't think I'll add the parents I don't think they'll fit. Sorry for being dishonest. As for Velvet and Night Light being in the center I'm not going to do that because I think Twilight is more of the center.

Not sure exactly what you are talking about, but you have nothing to apologise for. :pinkiesmile: I didn't mean that you need to put Velvet and Nightlight in the middle of the map, they are fine where they are. I just meant that they needed to be on the map somewhere. More than the other parents, because their relationships are a bit more complicated than the core-family the rest of them enjoy.

Adding for example Wind and Typhoon wouldn't introduce anything that wasn't obvious or very easy to figure out. While it is a bit more complicated that Velvet managed to be both the mother and grandmother of Ditzy's children despite the fact that they had never even met each other. So those complicated and/or secret relationships kinda need to be on the map.

It's a family tree. The names I mentioned are in the family trees that are labeled, with the exception of Rainbow Dash's parents (who isn't in any of the families) and Fluttershy's parents (who also isn't technically in any of the families except for being in Cloud's informal one; she has neither reproduced with any of the families to be biologically linked nor married to formally become part of said families).

Further, things like adding Cadance aren't any more simple than the lines with Rainbow Dash. She'd be partnered with Shining Armor, mother to Flurry Heart. Flurry Heart would be the daughter to both of those, half-sister to Dinky, niece to Twilight, Vinyl, and Sparkler, granddaughter to Night Light and Twilight Velvet, and cousin to who knows how many others on the chart.

Your idea that they'd "only serve to make the picture bigger" is simply an arbitrary stopping point. Your idea that we'd wind up including "every character in the winningverse" is also false. We only know the members of these families as far as I pointed out. There are large gaps and thousands of unnamed and unknown ponies along the full genealogy of these three families that have existed for centuries.

A more correct stopping point is to stop with the available information. Some of the relationships are simple. Some of them complicated.

Your project, your choice to continue/update or not. My opinion: it's incomplete and thus remains inaccurate. I hope someone is inspired to do their own complete one if you're not.

You are correct, I suggested an arbitrary stopping point.

I'll think about doing more but really this was a impulsive creation. Then I corrected it, and I'm not sure if I want to do more then that. After all its pretty ugly and hopefully someone with actual drawing skills and not just using Google-drive picture would make another. But I will defiantly consider expanding it

Will there be a reupload of this? :D would be nice seeing all the mess on a chart xD

Your pic link is dead. http://www.tinypic.com/ has ceased services now. They no longer host images.

If you are looking for a host, try http://www.fanficparadise.com/index.htm . Give it a little time for the 'Enter' button to appear. They are offering free stuff.

Enjoy!^_^

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 23