Alternative Conversion Bureau 1,049 members · 344 stories
Comments ( 13 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 13

Hey everyone, as you know almost a decade has passed since this franchise -or rather world building?- came out and I don’t see many people write about TCB/ACB anymore. Are there any people who are still interested in this stuff? Is this franchise completely dead?

It's mostly over. Negotiations is still going. Plus the the Spectrum series is still going I think.

But for the most part, it's beating a dead horse at this point.

TCB is hated. Since the ponies are very out of character. Same case for ATCB. Lots of readers don't really don't like ponies being evil.

It's beating a dead horse at this point.

Lmao. Lol.

It's difficult to find much inspiration or point for writing ACB stories when pretty much nobody writes regular TCB stories any more.

Setting Things Right is also still updating AFAIK. Just very slowly.

I see… Altough it’s sad to see people left ACB/TCB.

On one hand, it is sad that we live in the post ACB era.

On the other hand, I do not miss the toxicity of ACB and TCB fans viciously duking it out all over the site.

It was a painful time. Since both writers made our lovely ponies really out of character. I wish I never joined in it. Even as a former ACB writer. I wish, just ignored TCB.

It was pretty difficult to ignore, back then. What with it being frickin' everywhere.

Honestly? We’ve reached the point in the TCB/ACB lifespan where there is no interest. For the most part, TCB is widely disliked due to frankly unjustified OOC. And at its peak, it was a toxic mess of dully misanthropic TCB fans duking it out with immature ACB fans, and shitfics clogged this site.

However, in contrast, a handful of deconstructive stories are still going. Negotiations and its follow-ups being the most prominent I can think of.

Maybe it’ll make a return someday. Maybe it won’t. Who knows?

Thank you all for sharing your honest thoughts guys. I appreciate it.

I'm still writing some of my TCB stories and alt Negotiations. The other one I'm doing soon is like TCB and inspired by the author of Negotiations, but in a very different direction that no person has done before in the past years.

Sounds exciting to read!

There is a non-zero chance of me ever writing a chapter of my fic every again, but it's a pretty slim chance. This is one of those things were I think we just need to let it die.

Besides, I'd much rather be known for my Raildex crossover than an CB bashfic whose first chapter I wrote in an afternoon...

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 13