Protect Celestia 1,946 members · 1,762 stories
Comments ( 12 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 12

Celestia's wings glowed golden. "Now that you have foolishly revealed yourself..."

It took everything Chrysalis had to summon a shield against the blast of pure solar energy and she was still thrown back.

"You don't know what I am, little upstart." Celestia marched towards her, her whole body glowing. "Do you know Who I Am?"

Everyone present heard the capital letters. "I watched a demon burn a world to ash and I helped rebuild that world through force of indomitable will. I sealed the Lord of Chaos away in stone. I banished the Nightmare-"

Chrysalis laughed. "Only with the Elements he-" She was cut off as Celestia blasted her into the wall.

"I did not need them to freeze King Sombra in eternal ice. To behead Varak the Dragon Lord." Her eyes glowed red. "I was here on the First Dawn after Discord and raised the Sun anew. I reduced the armies of Karang the Conquerer to ash. What are you, Little Bug? What are you to threaten my subjects?"

That's all I've got so far.

Chrysalis was thrown back... and then laughed? Something doesn't add up in that order of operations.

This is just the warm up. The blasting and beam attacks and being-thrown-against-walls is just punctuation for what's truly important: the exposition. Eventually someone will yell, "Enough!", spout one more line of dialogue, and then the fight proper will begin. Up until that point, it doesn't count.

As for the scene itself, Celestia seems wildly out of character. She's going on and on about how great she is in a villainous monologue.

She's trying to psych Chrysalis out. Break her confidence. Also, her niece was kidnapped and her subjects threatened. She's not in a good mood.

Comment posted by TundraStanza deleted Jul 31st, 2020

Chrysalis: "Frying me up like a fresh kill isn't going to stop the invasion to follow! If anything, it'll just make things personal now! Alot of what I did was for survival purposes, cause ya know, the whole being love parasites thing, but killing a leader will just spiral things to be more bloodier then they had to be! So go ahead, princess sunbutt! I DARE you to do ANYTHING to me! See what happens!"

Celestia: "..... Who said you had to die to stop this?"

Chrysalis: "To be fair, that rant about beheading a dragon lord and ashifying a conguring army sounds pretty kill-happy, espeically from you! I mean, good grief, I thought you ponies were all rainbows and sunshine and knitting sweaters and doilies or something!"

:trollestia: Do you really believe my nation has stood for over one thousand years by being pacifists?

Chrysalis: "..... Uh, yyyyeeeeeees?"

Our...our history is a matter of public record. Did you do your homework young lady?

Chrysalis: "WHAT'S THERE TO DO HOMEWORK ON?! You're ponies?! YOU'RE BASICALLY ALL MIDGET HORSES?!"

:trollestia: This invasion gets an F. Now, go back to your kingdom and study.

Chrysalis: "Duh, buh, dai, (GROANS ANGERLY)!? (Brings up communicator) GENERAL, CANCEL THE INVASION?!"

Unseen General: "WHAT?! WHY?!"

Chrysalis: "BECAUSE THESE PONIES HAD ME FLUSTERED?!"

Unseen General: "Uhhhhhh..... If you, say so?"

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 12