Protect Celestia 1,946 members · 1,762 stories
Comments ( 9 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 9

What do you think Celestia would do if someone accused her of showing favoritism towards Twilight?

Evaluate her own behavior, then feel a bit guilty if's true, it dismiss it if it isn't.

She's the monarch of a medieval nation. The whole system is based on favoritism. If you want to rise to the top, garner favors from those above you and cash them in for wealth and power. The only thing someone could accuse Celestia of is favoring the wrong person. I'm sure she'd just pick a half-dozen highlights from Twilight's career to correct the record and demonstrate the Purple Wonder's fitness to sit at her right-hand side. If not Twilight, than who?

Own it.
"Of course I favor Twilight. She's my personal student. Why would you have a personal anything, if it wasn't the one you found most favorable among the available options? Also, do you like bananas?" :trollestia:

That depends entirely on what the favoritism she's being accused of is and when the accusations are being made.

Is the favoritism Celestia giving Twilight too much time/attention/access to the throne? Or is it centered around Celestia's choice to make Twilight her student/provide Twilight with a stipend/fund Twilight's book habit, research equipment, and/or furnish Twilight's apartments in Canterlot and Ponyville?

Pre-show favoritism Twilight has fewer canon accomplishments to justify favor from Celestia but might fall under the umbrella of being Celestia's Personal Student.
Pre- coronation favoritism Twilight has numerous world-saving feats on her CV so rewards for a hero.
Post-coronation favoritism Twilight is a freaking princess so accusations would feel unlikely. (Unless Luna and/or Cadance are complaining about Celestia having a favorite princess which could be funny.)

If you have a scenario in mind I'd love to hear it but in general I think she'd listen to the complain and then immediately justify her actions based on either Twilight's position as her student/a hero of Equestria/a princess. Later on, without an audience she might reflect on the merit of the complaint but I doubt she'd come to a rational conclusion that would cause her to change her behavior negatively.

This is just a nitpick, but Equestria is actually more late 19th or early 20th century than medieval.

I meant in the general political sense rather than the technological one.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 9