Protect Celestia 1,950 members · 1,765 stories
Comments ( 66 )
  • Viewing 51 - 100 of 66
Celestias Paladin
Group Admin

Her proper name is Xenolestia or Fauxlestia. And who would she will things too?

Her proper name is Xenolestia or Fauxlestia.

I don't know, it makes it feel like a swear word to me when nicknaming her, except Mumlestia. Alright then, I'll take your word for it and call her these nicks.

And who would she will things too?

Er... Luna, I suppose.

Celestias Paladin
Group Admin

I put up on one of my earlier posts, Xenolestia is not Celestia, and we will not call her by the name she is not entitled to.

Fauxuna would be on their list as well

993404 Fauxuna? Sorry, I read it as 'fauna' with 'oh' sound instead of 'ow' sound in 'au'. And I agree with her not being Celestia.

TCB: The First Year is still one of the better (if not the best) TCB stories out there, one that actually has ponies and especially Celestia act... Hold your hearts... in character! :pinkiegasp:

Ugh, my stomach gets upset every time I hear that awful thing (Tough Love, I mean) as much as being mentioned. :facehoof: There aren't a lot of stories out there that I really, genuinely despise, mostly because I find it kind of silly to hate a fanfic. But Tough Love is one of the four fics that have that questionable honour of being an exception.

Celestias Paladin
Group Admin

Looking through that writer's other stories he seems to go with the idea of magical poisoning thus ponification is to save humanity.

Yeah. But at least the poisoning is not Celestia's doing, and both humans and ponies are looking for further solutions to the problem that don't involve being turned into ponies. The author handles ponification here as a means, not as an end, which I haven't seen often in TCB stories. And aside from the TCB-aspect, it's quite a solid take on how first contact and establishing diplomatic relations between earth and Equestria would go. I recommend it even to non-TCB fans, if only because of that.

Celestias Paladin
Group Admin

I must ask then, would the story or for that matter any of the writer's other TCB fics violate the rules of this group as stated on the front page?

Well, I haven't read the rest of the author's TCB stories so I can't speak for those, but as for The First Year itself, I don't think it violates any rules. Celestia's not a tyrant in it, nor a troll or a sexual predator, she acts very much in character from what I remember (though I admit to it being a while since I read the entire story) and she is not shipped with anypony (or anyhuman for that matter). The same goes for Luna, for that matter, at least from what I can remember. So, I personally would say it falls within what the group allows and finds acceptable, yes.

Celestias Paladin
Group Admin

Hmmm.... ok if you can scan through the to make sure and if it's fine go ahead and add it, and leaving a comment that it has been accepted to the group.

Also I know there are more TCB fans out there, has anyone else read this story and can verify its appropriateness?

And it'll be glorious. :pinkiecrazy:

Celestias Paladin
Group Admin

Indeed my friend.

Zervziel
Group Admin

994457 Hold hard there, mate. I remember that story and there were a few things off about it that should be discussed at least.

Celestias Paladin
Group Admin

Alright Z, you have the floor

Zervziel
Group Admin

1010152 First up I want to point out that it's mostly little things in this story, but those have a way of adding up. First up, the Equestrians set in motion the events leading to the merge. Yeah. Accidentally, but the emergence wave murdered a good portion of a human fleet. Over six thousand personnel. Guess all what Celestia does to make up for this is?

Too Bad the Takara stuff isn't in there too.
then again Megan, Celestia, Optimus Prime, Metalhawk, God Ginrai and Star Saber together would probably the multiverse to collapse from sheer awesome

• Viewing 51 - 100 of 66