Spitfire 1,118 members · 609 stories
Comments ( 15 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 15

First off Happy New Year!

So to start my question today I was looking over some reactions towards the season 3 episode 7 of mlp. A lot of people didn't like the way Spitfire had been changed around from what seemed as a nice mare into a more bossy and straight forward mare. This got me thinking, what would your fave Spitfire episode be if you had to make one. Would you ship her, would you send her off on a Daring Do mission? Would you have her do a show with the Bolts?

So really it's a simple as that, if you were a writer for mlp, what would you create for a Spitfire episode?

I know what I would do...

ObsidianPony
Group Contributor

For me the perfect Spitfire episode would be Rainbow Dash getting to spend a day with the Wonderbolts whether by her own choice or by winning a contest in the style of the Best Young Flyer. Rainbow Dash would continually try to show off to the Wonderbolts her skills and would be very much overdoing it out of nerves because she feels she has to prove herself.

Spitfire sees right through it and tells Rainbow Dash that she was the same; Rainbow doesn't really listen at first and wants to race Spitfire, who beats her without any difficulty which leaves Dash disheartened. The other wonderbolts, Spitfire and Soarin included, tell her that she needs to stop worrying about being the best or impressing them because she's shown them multiple times that she's an amazing pegasus, along with being fun to be around.

After being able to have fun with them because she's relaxed now Spitfire and Rainbow have a rematch; not only are the two obviously enjoying it fully this time, openly laughing and woohooing as they compete against each other, but even though Spitfire again wins it's a much closer contest this time and Rainbow isn't at all disheartened because she finally got to have a proper, enjoyable race with her idol.

At the end of the episode we see Rainbow Dash going to bed with a picture at her bedside with her and all the Wonderbolts in a group picture signed by them; Spitfire's signature says "To a future Wonderbolt".

2502826 bravo another amazing reply, I really dunno how you can do this. You get another medal.

Not only that, but that is a great idea for a one-shot. I'd write that and then make it into a SpitDash. :rainbowlaugh:

Well done ! ~Alex

ObsidianPony
Group Contributor

*Accepts medal, is running out of medal space*

ObsidianPony
Group Contributor

Also yes I would put in some SpitDash hints too but you did ask if I was a writer of the show, and on the show they aren't supposed to have romances with the Mane 6 on FiM, sadly.

Hmmm, I'd do Spitdash too if you could do that on Mlp though many other Dash-ship fans would probably get slightly annoyed by this.

2502837 I know...so very sad...~Alex

^ what he said. lol.

To be honest I'm not sure what kind of episode I would have. Personally I would have something where the Wonderbolts would be involved in some kind of military function (a la Secret of my Excess), but that would probably be outside the show's scope. Naturally it would have to involve RD somehow. Perhaps something along the lines of what ObsidianPony said. Rainbow meets her heroes, and partakes in some of their functions, but finds out she isn't quite ready to join them (both in skill and in maturity). Perhaps a lesson in patience?

2502850 that sounds like another great Idea, I wouldn't be surprised if mlp writers did come up with this idea, it's not too far away from what they do right now. ~Alex

Hmm, I would have it be a casual Hero's episode, where each of or maybe just some of the Mane 6 gets to hang out with their (living and not mentor) idols, RD would at first be all fangirly, but when Spits asks her just to be normal she does.
It would have Rarity meeting *Insert that stallion that's usually married to Fleur* and him being all, umm, not canterlotty, maybe even with Fluer.

All in all, there famous ponies would get to spend a day being normal and the mane ponies would learn to respect that ponies aren't also as high as what they seem to be...

Realising this may be very reminiscent of the Daring Do Ep...

2502895 another good idea, we should all take over the writing section of hasbro and get this stuff down~ Alex

Someone needs to write that, somebody needs to write that!
That would honestly be the best thing ever. I don't care who, but honest to god somebody needs to write that.
And that would actually be a very good episode! Nice job.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 15