Transformers Crossovers 741 members · 331 stories
Comments ( 12 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 12

So their are some who don't agree that Fall of Cybertron and Transformers Prime are connected.

So lets settle this like men and place our arguments here and I will take references from the TF wiki to prove you wrong:moustache:

...I don't really care one way or the other, so don't you dare get everyone else like me involved in this disagreement you're having with some other people.:facehoof:

1292200 mainly for me is that arcee wasn't in the fall of cybertron game neither was bulkhead to my knowledge he is only tv only

1292396 bulkhead appears in the book Transformers Exiles, and Arcee appears in War for Cybertron

1292696 well okay its just didn't bumble bee supposedly die in foc

Arcee is a playable character in woc multiplayer and is designed differenty. Another reason the show and game different is how they introduced dark energon.

they made it so that you wont have to watch and play both the game and the show to understand the story

Ok then why are the autobots not using the ark for their base.

1293482 And another thing; the robots share more similarities with the G1 designs than the Prime designs.

Have a look and compare:

Also: the game WOC was originally made to match the 80s cartoon, just put in a new skin. :ajsmug:

Creating a continuity error for the sake of the audience doesn't excuse the fact that it's still the biggest continuity error there is. So, Starscream manufactures and weaponizes dark energon to use throughout the entire beginnings of the great war, immediately after witnessing Megatron absorb its power, and as soon Prime starts, EVERYONE suddenly forgets about it? Most importantly, they forget how it's the single reason why Cybertron is in ruins in the first place? Also, let's not forget about the Nemesis. In Flying Mind, everyone was baffled as to why their warship suddenly has sentience after a dark energon infusion, but let's not forget, the Nemesis was once Trypticon. Did the Decepticons forget this too?

Lemme level with you for a second. If they really wanted to link Prime with FoC from the start, then they would've done a better job with it. For instance, explaining that Trypticon is the Nemesis isn't necessary. They could've just mentioned it offhandedly and that would've been acceptable. But no, I'm certain the writers weren't considering that. What I think, and I've no evidence to prove this but, somewhere along the way, Hasbro decided to just come out and say, "These happen in the same universe." Problem with that is, both pieces of this franchise had already been established. They're trying to link something that can't link.

But, it's not my place to convince people otherwise. You may believe what you believe, but I apologize. There's just WAY too many contradictions for me to believe that FoC and Prime are connected. And saying that "they did it this way because not everyone played the games" is (and forgive me if this is offensive) a corporate cop-out.

Guys, there's a very simple answer to all this. Hasbro and the creative team behind Transformers Prime have clarified that Prime and the War for Cybertron games are all part of the Aligned continuity family. They are not directly connected but part of a larger canon that is open to different interpretations in the details. Look at it this way: The G1 cartoon, the G1 Marvel comics, Beast Wars, Beast Machines, the G1 Dreamwave comics, and the IDW G1 comics are all part of the G1 continuity family. They are not all connected to each other and all tell events differently using the same cast, places, and similar recurring themes and motifs. This is what Hasbro means when it says Prime and WfC share the same continuity family. They are both adapted from the Aligned Continuity series bible, and each is free to adapt the details as they see fit.

1296827>>1319076>>1294144>>1292396>>1293515

Look I just suggest that you all buy the Covenant of Primus book which will connect the games and TV show in a non contradicting way regardless of designs, personality or background

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 12