Queen Chrysalis's Feeding Grounds 1,421 members · 1,389 stories
Comments ( 11 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 11

Um...I have a question and I don't want to sound stupid but...When a changeling feeds on somepony's love what happens to that pony? Like do they lose energy? Or what?

The only known victim has been Shining Armor, who did become notably weaker. In the comics, Chrysalis says that if she drains Twilight of all her love, it will make her cruel like her. I'd say side effects would be a combination of both, but given the little evidence we have, you could probably get away with whatever.

3254404 Thank you so much, I'm doing an rp where my charrie is Chrysalis' daughter and it is after the Queen and Princess' make a peace treaty...Thank you

*Sniffs air* "I heard something about changelings..."

Well, it's all headcanon and Pumpernickal already answered it but i'll throw in my two cents.

To me, I think that it's not the love drain from the pony that hurts them, but the magic. See, I think that a changeling drains both love and magic, such as when Chrissy grew more powerful from Shining and he grew weaker. I mean, maybe ponies need that inate magic to survive?

Anyay, my thread lurking is done, hope it goes well for you.

3254398 Depends on how it's done.

Forcibly taken- victim gets weaker

Passively taken (pony gives off good emotions, changeling is there to feed)- slight dizziness

Willingly given- nothing

Didn't realize you could hear stuff with your nose.

Depending on how much they drink, they could become a lifeless husk. If you watch the scene in which Shining Amour gets freed from the spell he says quote "I don't have the strength to repeal them," :yay:
But then Cadences Love gives him the strength to do it :raritycry::twilightangry2::ajbemused::fluttercry::flutterrage::pinkiecrazy::pinkiesad2::rainbowhuh:

There more on changeling in the comics and based on what I have read from the first arc it can either drain the victim of their energy which appears to be the usual case or make them heartless.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 11