Friendship is Magic: the Gathering 250 members · 46 stories
Comments ( 5 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 5

So, what colors would you guys assign to the various characters in the show?

I started thinking about this when I saw some mlp alters of the power nine. It bothered me that the mane six weren't given to the moxen/lotus, and it got me considering which pony to put on which color. Below is what I came up with as well as my reasoning behind my chooses.

Black Lotus: Twilight Sparkle
Twilight is the leader and most powerful of the six. Also, much like how Black Lotus is destroyed with its use, Twilight, so far, has been the only one of them to die.

Mox Pearl (White): Applejack
AJ puts a lot of emphasis on unity with her family and as a tendency towards the uncompromising when it comes to a matter of morals and the like, i.e. she's stubborn.

Mox Sapphire (Blue): Pinkie Pie
Pinkie is the most sneaky and 'weird' of the mane six, coming out of now and breaking the 4th wall. She also has an intellectual bent, with her archive on all of Ponyville's residents.

Mox Jet (Black): Rarity
Yahenni, Darling. If you don't get it, go read the stories from the Kaladesh block. It's one of the too few example of showing how black can be a good force in the multiverse.

Mox Ruby (Red): Rainbow Dash
Dash and Chandra may as well be the same character: passionate, hot-headed, and fiercely defense of her friends.

Mox Emerald (Green): Fluttershy
Fluttershy and Nissa may as well be the same character: quiet, socially awkward, but brutally powerful when she needs to be.

This is just covering the basic color pie and the mane six, but I enjoy trying to find matches for other characters and color combinations. I was wondering if anyone else had some ideas. Also, if you guys have any thoughts on my choices for the mane six, I'd love to hear them.

When has Twilight died?

A semi-common fan theory is that Twilight died and was reincarnated as an alicorn, because angst. The OP may also be referring to the pointlessly grimdark idea of Twilight's teleportation creating a clone of her and destroying herself.

I've never heard of either of these, and I also think they're both rather silly. I wouldn't mind seeing them explored in fanfics as long as it's done well, but as far as the show is concerned... yeah, no. I could agree to alicorn ascension being a symbolic or metaphorical rebirth, but that's all.

I like Fluttershy as Vivien Reid more than Nissa. Nissa's kind of a speciesist bitch who is afraid of snakes, while Vivien is the Steve Irwin of the Magic universe. For example:

“Each tooth is the length of a horse, and new ones grow in every sixteen days. Let’s get a closer look!”
—Vivien Reid

“Look at how cute it is now!”
—Vivien Reid

“Approach from behind. That way, if it does charge, at least you aren’t in front of it.”
—Vivien Reid

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 5