S.S. Fluttermac 554 members · 209 stories
Comments ( 11 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 11

A thread devoted to listing the reasons you support this ship and why!
:yay::eeyup:

(This group needs more threads).

I mostly like it for the fluff.

Most of the time, this shipping is based around the idea of a crush or it being true love. And its kind of nice to read stuff like that out of all the harder material I read like Fallout Equestria stuff.

955052 I write it becasue the combination of a strong worker with a delicate little animal caretaker is such a good match.

I'm also a fan of the fluff. There are deeper reasons why I like the pair but you've probably heard it before.

This ship is so cute to look at that even people who don't ship like it.

I enjoy it for the fact that 1, its STRAIGHT, and true there are a lot of straight ones out there (and some cute not straight ones) but this one seems like.... the most likely to happen. Scratch that, the most inevitable. And both being shy souls, it makes for opportunity for cute, awkward (in a funny way) and about everything in between. And with Big Macintosh not being the most... developed character on the show, there's lots of room for anything the author desires and more. And reason 2 (or whatever it is because that was more than one reason)..... its just downright ADORABLE. The big, strong, silent stallion, with a shy, self-concious mare, its just absolutely heartwarming... :yay::eeyup:

Warning: Feels ahead...

I could comment on how adorable these two are together, how their timid and caring personalities make them perfect for each other, or argue that FlutterMac is best ship... and all these would be true. But the real reason I am a diehard Fluttermac fan is much more personal:

My Girlfriend and I share a story very similar to many of the stories about this wonderful ship. We were both very quiet and reserved, especially when it came to those of the opposite sex.

I kept to myself, only really socialized with my friends and family, and never really talked to girls that much. I was too timid to take a chance. :eeyup:

She was pretty much the same; she kept to herself and never really talked to guys. :fluttershysad:

We were introduced to each other in college, became good friends, and eventually best friends. After graduation we moved back to opposite ends of the state and never really got to see each other much. About two years after leaving college, we started spending time together again as we visited friends. Over the course of about a year's worth of visits, we realized we had something more than just friendship. Now, three years later, we have a very strong relationship, and love each other very much.

Somewhere along the way, she introduced me to this crazy little children's TV show that had surprisingly witty and sophisticated humor, amazing character depth, and some of the best music I've ever heard on television. She showed me her favorite character from said show: a timid, creamy-yellow colored little pegasus with a pink mane and tail. I sat down to watch the show just to spend time with her, and before I knew it I was watching it on my own. :twilightsheepish:

When you add in all these things, it shouldn't come as a surprise that I find it easy to put myself in Big Mac's horseshoes. We both had to overcome our own fears and find the courage to take a chance. And we were both rewarded with the most wonderful girl in the world. :eeyup:

... ...

Maybe I should write my own Fluttermac story? ... hmmm

In anycase...

Fluttermac Forever! :yay::heart::eeyup:

Because Fluttershy, :yay:, the shy kind one, nneds someone to look after her and make her feel safe. A big strong, but still shy stallion Big Mac,:eeyup:, seems like to perfect one for her.

Fluttershy is a quiet pony who has a lot of issues with trusting herself. When she was younger she was bullied, and even mentally scarred from the experience (Hurricane Fluttershy) She needs someone who can keep her safe, both emotionally and physically.
Big Mac is a strong and quiet pony, a solid barrier from the outside world. They are both quiet, so they would be able to sit for a long time without needing to say anything. They could just enjoy each other's company.
Both have a strong connection to nature; Fluttershy loves helping and caring for animals, while Big Mac is a farmer. The two would be perfectly happy watching a beautiful sunset together instead of going to a five-star restaurant.
Plus, I see myself in Fluttershy. Quiet, scared, shy, sensitive... We're like twins. It turns out Big Mac is depicted the same way as my dream guy, actually: strong, kind, gentle, strong morals... I guess FlutterMac is my OTP because it's the relationship I might never have. Plus, the two are :yay:ing adorable together!
Also, I don't like those clopfics where these two random ponies are suddenly like "OMG LETS MAKE OUT" or something. To make sure nopony's OOC, the author kinda has to have a slow and sweet relationship if they start from the beginning. Neither Fluttershy or Big Mac are likely to do... what they do in clopfics, so there's not a lot of worry that their romance will be anything other than sweet and innnocent.

Your Little Butterfly By Mickey Dubs
I was a FlutterMac shipper for long before I read this fic, but the author wrote the exact reason why I ship them
:yay::heart::eeyup:
FlutterMac forever

The idea of two shy people meeting each other is something that is amazing when it happens. Shy people, including myself, had to deal with our own barriers getting in the way of what they truly want. seeing someone break those barriers is something of great importance. Fluttershy is very shy, it's in her name. When she breaks her barriers to be with someone the inner struggle is entertaining as their want fights against their nature. when the want wins they can be with who they want. Same thing with Big Mac.

it's the conflict that interests me the most. followed by the friggin adorableness and the fact I am like Big Mac

They are two of the most quietly heroic yet emotionally vulnerable characters in canon, and they are the two who will be most careful of one another.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 11