The Writers' Group 9,317 members · 56,712 stories
Comments ( 9 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 9

I posted this in the Followers of Discord group as well so forgive me if you're seeing this for a second time, but I want to get a lot of differing opinions (and ideas) Is that ok? :pinkiehappy:

COPY PASTA!

Ok, so I'm busy writing my fic that pretty much focuses on Discord and Fluttershy (non-ship) and it's going well so far. yay! :twilightsmile: But I was wondering in case I need to answer the question later on, what kind of things would Fluttershy and Discord do in their free time when Discord isn't making trouble for every-pony else and Fluttershy isn't tending to her animals or hanging out with the other mane 6? How would they spend their time? What would be fun? What would be cute? What would be logical? What would they both enjoy doing together the most?

I'm asking because they are SO different personality wise, and yet there has to be some common ground when they're together. So if they're not a couple (so no 'Smooch', 'spoon' or 'do the nasty') how do you guys see them having fun?

I'll try and come up with ideas to share too :scootangel: It's just almost 2am here and I need to get to sleep.

2115560 Discord would float around bored while Fluttershy tries to talk to him about her day and generally be nice.

If you want my opinion on what Fluttershy and Discord can do, you can probably make a winter-themed chapter where Fluttershy actually does take up Discord's offer to go figure skating.

Also, you can do some kind of restaurant scene with them.

Sleeping at 2am? :trixieshiftright:
You're weak!:twilightangry2:

As for what they'd do.... depends. Is Discord reformed? Cause that changes everything

Discord fricking loves tea.

Of course, I stole that idea from the Slice of Life comic :rainbowwild:

2115691 Haha! I haven't seen these before! I'll check it out when I'm... you know.. awake. :heart: Thanks!

2115594 He's reformed which is why its difficult. If he was just running around causing trouble I could come up with a lot of things for him to do on his own. It's spending time WITH Fluttershy I find tricky.

2115586 Sadly there's no winter in my story, but that's a good suggestion for a later story!

Thanks every-one! and keep 'em coming! :pinkiehappy:

Sorry it took so long. Anyways I'm ready to help!
If they're hanging out together and he's reformed then I'd say you have several possibilities.

<If you want a semi ship or just a cute relationship building scene>
Have them go out for a stroll. Discord's chaotic nature begins showing through and he causes minor chaos (making it rain <regular rain since he's reformed>, enlarging animals <not mutating them>, making a tree or two come to life and jokingly tell Fluttershy to join them <tree joke :trollestia:>) She gets mad at him and he apologizes and fixes what he does. To make it up to her he manipulates the weather so she can sled, ice skate, swim, whatever you want her to do.
Have them relaxing on a hill. Whenever Fluttershy mentions that she wants something (example: I think I'll go get us some drinks) Discord fulfills her wish (making it rain chocolate milk, having whatever food you deem necessary come to life and march out to them, re-arranging the clouds to entertain her, using his powers for the moment)
Fluttershy has a nightmare. Discord comes and comforts her. You can have her elaborate, cry, do whatever you want.

<If you want a regular scene>
Fluttershy invites Discord to the pet gathering thing with her friends.
Discord help Fluttershy with her animals.
Fluttershy accompanies Discord on his daily routine (have him meet with Celestia, go to random places and use his powers for good <making it rain on farms, giving wind to kite-fliers, etc.>, maybe have a little chaotic fun with his powers <that he cleans up> and other things).

That's all I got. If you need anything else PM me or just reply here (depending on if you want it hush-hush or not). Pleasure to be of service :twilightsmile:

That comic has the most awesome teenage version of Snails ever.

Be sure to click the "Read Chronologically" link in the sidebar if you want to read it from the start :raritywink:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 9