The Writers' Group 9,300 members · 56,454 stories
Comments ( 6 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 6

Hello everyone! I've undertaken a somewhat daunting project for Halloween: a collection of scary stories starring our favorite ponies. It will be called The Nightmare Night Collection. I would like to invite anyone and everyone to submit story ideas (horror related of course) either here or on this blog post. I can't guarantee I'll use every idea I receive, but a fair amount of them will probably be in the collection. Everyone who contributes will be credited.

Happy Halloween/Nightmare Night!

One of the best ways to do horror is to take familiar and safe things and turn them into scary and unfamiliar.
Cujo- Family dog.
Car-Christine.

What if Applejack finds out that apples are thinking creatures and they have a plan?
What if Fluttershy finds out that the birds in Ponyville are planning a hostile takeover?
What if Rarity comes across an alien fashion that slowly drives ponies insane?
What if Rainbow Dash finds out how to go so fast, she blows a hole through creation and ends up in a dark dimension?
What if Twilight Sparkle finds a forbidden tome and makes contact with the crawling chaos at the center of creation?

What if Pinkie Pie was really a spawn of a Extra dimensional being?
But Pinkie Pie still cares about ponies and making them happy.
She just can't show ponies her true form or their brains would explode.

What if Babs Seed found out that the CMC are actually avatars of a dark and sadistic god?
What if Derpy found out that Muffins summoned their god to destroy ponies, especially her?

What if Celestia found out she was trapped in a dream Equestria made by Luna?

Ok, have you ever seen Doctor Who? If you have than I bet you remember the weeping angels, statues that are alive and if you as so much as blink they could move from what appears to be far away to right up in front of you in a blink. Also any image of an angel, be it a recording of a book or screen, will also become an angel. As in it will come out of the book or video.

If you don’t like that, how about a Friday the Thirteenth sort of adoption with either the mane six or who ever you want in it? They could be trying to camp but quickly they have to be on their guard as slowly they are picked off one by one.

But if you’re going for more alone the lines of traditional stories, how about a Pet Cemetery like story involving Fluttershy? If you don’t know about Pet Cemetary it’s a book by Steven King that talks about how there is a Cemetary that if you bury a body there it will come back to life but it won’t act the same, especially something with sentient capabilities.

I hope my few suggestions help out and if they don’t, um...Sorry about wasting your time?

I have seen Doctor Who actually. And Blink happens to be one of my favorite episodes. Thanks for the idea :twilightsmile:

No problem, Just glad I could help somewhat. And those angels will forever haunt my dreams. *shudder* Good luck on your stories!

6630550 Luna wants to give Celestia a scare. She pretends that she turned into Nightmare Moon again, thinking that without the Elements of Harmony, things won't escalate. When she 'threatens' to cause an eternal night, Celestia pulls out a millennium old scroll, enchanted by the elements of harmony to cast the banishment spell, evicting Luna to the moon for the next thousand years.

Only after does Celestia learn that she banished Luna. Alas, the spell cannot be undone until a millennium passes.

Celestia yells at the moon in frustration, and everypony only cheers her on, thinking she's just going along with the Nightmare Night. Nopony grasps the extent of her true turmoil.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 6