Alternate History Bronies 733 members · 630 stories
Comments ( 2 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 2

I was told that it might be a good idea to post my story idea here so here you all go. (Set during the Cold War)

A crossover im alittle surprised hasn't happened. I know the game wasn't a blockbuster but the concept and ideas were still cool.

So i'm just planting this little seed to see if anyone wants to make it into a full blown story. :twilightsmile:

The Conversion Bureau invades earth in the 1960's, but not in the way they usually do in stories. Instead they do so quietly, slowly taking and converting small backwater towns or infecting others with a virus that makes all humans who drink the water in town to have a large smile on their face and act the same 3 minutes over and over again. The mad Celestia believes she will easily conquer the world once she has dealt with the largest threats. Those being the NATO nations and the Soviet Union.

But what she does not know is that a defense was already prepared by both. In the united States for example was a group titled simply,'The Bureau'. A group so secret not even the KGB or the US president knows about it. Made of the best soldiers, scientists and spies to be able to continue the fight if the soviets successfully invaded and occupied all of the United States or in the event of assault via WMDs.

Armed with the latest weapons and ferocious soldiers and agents willing to do anything to keep the invasion a secret and to defeat the invaders, they will defend their homeland, and world, to their last breath.

In the Soviet union their counterpart also exists, designed for the same purposes to defeat a NATO occupation if it occurred, but now they will be fighting something more sinister than their capitalist foes.

(I couldn't think up a cool name for the Russian Bureau.)

This idea was inspired by the game: "The Bureau: Xcom declassified"

Just something I thought would be cool to see someone try if they liked it.

EDIT: Im too busy in real life to do this idea so I just put it out so that someone with more time and skill then me could try and write it.

Sounds interesting, and may work if it involves Government Conspiracy

Comment posted by Silver Eyes deleted Jan 2nd, 2014
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 2