I Hate Equestria Daily 642 members · 642 stories
Comments ( 5 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 5

You know, unlike most of the people in this group, I really don't have any problems with the pre-reading process. I've been rejected three times, accepted four times, and that's fine by me. But there is one thing that has always annoyed me a bit, that being the level of cloppy/suggestive stuff on the site. There's the drawfriend pictures (which are thankfully linked), some references in the written parts of blog posts, or fics which contain either graphic violence or borderline-clop.

The reason these things annoy me is because, as it is, Equestria Daily is being treated as a go-to site for anyone that wants to take part in the MLP Fandom. If Seth/whoever were to attach an official age rating to the site (along the lines of PG-13, PG), and stuff that is within those ratings was posted, it would be cool.

Does anyone agree? Or am I just crazy?

408821 Hey, if this policy keeps retarded clopfics like 'Maids and Mistresses' out of EqD, then I'm fine with that.
Now elaborating on that, I think it's stupid they reject borderline gore/clop fics, even if it's not hardcore. But apparently Fallout: Equestria got on there just fine and that had more blood and gore than all of the cupcakes sequels combined.

-Terry:scootangel:

In the case of FO:E, it think it has to do with when it was posted. Fallout was posted in early 2011, at a time when the Brony fandom was just starting up. EqD didn't have nearly as much traffic as it does now, and, as such, didn't have as many standards.

409097 You're absolutely right. :ajsmug: They just don't care about entertainment anymore. They just care about how the quality of the writing is. I mean, there could probably be an entire 10,000 word fanfic about Twilight talking about the physics of dried paint and they'll still feature it if it's well written.

nah my problem with EQD is whining bastard

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 5