Crossovers 7,399 members · 10,993 stories
Comments ( 9 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 9

Already have it on Switch. What system do you have the collection in?

I hope they do non cloud versions on the Switch somewhere in the future.

And I hope they make the people who bought the cloud version get the non-cloud versions for free

That would be a fair trade.

Have (multiple) Playstation (and DS/3DS) versions of all of the games. Still, good for the pc players out there.

PS2, PS3, PS4, Switch

Still so peeved regarding the Switch version. I just want my first experience with Kingdom Hearts to be done on the fly.

7971537 Well SteamDeck should be an easier option. You could also do remote play on Playstation as well.

I personally think the Cloud Versions of the Kingdom Hearts games to not really count as ACTUALLY owning a copy. You still need an internet connection to stream the game. All you really have is a "key" that is connected to your switch and your Nintendo Account that ALLOWS you to play the games on a server that's NOT your console at all.

If the games were to be downloaded and played natively on the Switch itself, THEN you could play the game anywhere and any time. To me, THAT'S actually owning a copy of the games. To require internet access in order to stream the game to your console, you are practically stuck at home playing the game on your Switch because that's the easiest internet connection you can get, but while you are out of your home, the various different internet connection options are too many and the security for them is unknown.

But still, the fact that this was announced just a few days after Square announced that they are no longer doing exclusivity of any sort, I think it's a good sign. And PC gamers have a huge install base as well. Good chance that a lot of them played the KH games on their PS2s when they were kids as well.

I do have this whole collection on my PS5 though. Love this system. Hell, I love all my gaming systems.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 9